2.4

All reviews

Jun 26, 2019
Service is Designed to Create High Fees

No Auto Pay. No Email or Text Account Alerts (yet they offer email sign up for promotions). No personal service - customer reps are not empowered and will tell you to submit a message via the web site, which 100% of the time is replied to with an automated email. No accountability-if you call to complain they will treat you as the problem. They invest their time and resources in developing a service platform that encourages you to buy, buy, buy, spend, spend, spend but invest nothing into offering services that help you pay down, pay down, pay down. Comenity is the worst example I've experienced of a predatory, unethical lender. Paired with West Elm's quality being horrible, prepare to pay $2,000 above the purchase price you THINK you are getting your furniture for, once they manipulate you into all the extra fees and interest... and prepare for your furniture to look ratty and start squeaking within 8 months. Worse decision I ever made to enter into a purchase with these two companies.

Apr 29, 2019

They started by mailing my credit card to an old address where I no longer live. They must have mixed the previous address answer from the previous addresses question to check your history. It's been a disaster since. I haven't been able to pay my order for 3 months now and after calling over 5 times, the only thing they've been able to do is tell me to wait another month for the new address to update. After a month they said they would be able to send the new card to the current address. I've been trying to make a new purchase using just the account number but have been faced with countless of obstacles. This is by far the worst experience I've had with a credit card. I don't think the "rewards" are worth 5 or 6 phone calls and no answers

Jan 16, 2019
A card for financial masochists!

The worst credit card experience I have ever had. Signed up for the credit card and purchased $3000 worth of goods during a bonus "20% back in rewards" period. My items shipped about a week later but the actual charge didn't show up on my credit account for until nearly 4 months later. Now I'm told that I will only get 10% in rewards because the charge wasn't posted to my account during a bonus period. Extemely shady and customer service is abysmal.

Jun 26, 2018
SAVE YOURSELF! Literally the WORST!

I have NEVER experienced more terrrible customer service in my life. I would love to write all the stories, but I am SO drained and have just spend an hour disputing issues with my card that I can't dedicate even more time to it. If you think you'll actually be able to use rewards certificates... YOU WILL NOT! I have made West Elm purchases online THREE times now with West Elm gift certificates. Each time, the rewards certificate isn't reflected on my statement. I have diputed this THREE times, and each time, West Elm has decided to still charge me. The problem is, if you use a rewards certificate and the item doesn't ship right away, you are screwed. West Elm items are ALWAYS backordered or ship late, so there's a 90% chance your item will ship in the following month and your rewards certificate will then be invalid. I kid you not, West Elm is the most terrible credit card I have ever opened. DO NOT USE!!! SAVE YOURSELF!

May 04, 2018
Worst. Card. Ever.

This credit card seems to be designed with the singular purpose of gouging users with fees and preventing full use of their rewards. I signed up for the West Elm credit card (issued by Comenity Bank) mostly to take advantage of their rewards program. After all, when it comes to expensive purchases like furniture, 10% back in rewards can make a big difference. First off, the furniture delivery process from West Elm is a HUGE headache, although that's unrelated to the credit card. The account management website for the card is godawful. They do not provide any way to schedule automatic payments of the full statement balance (only card I've ever had that didn't have this feature) presumably in the hope that you forget to pay by the due date and they can charge you interest. The rewards come with all kinds of restrictions - they expire shortly after being issued, can't be split across multiple purchases (even though this is not stated anywhere in the fine print), and sometimes fail to apply to your card balance at all for seemingly no reason until you call their customer service line. If you, like me, use credit cards mainly to maximize rewards and pay off your balance every month, and expect minimal headaches in doing so, then STAY AWAY from this card!

Jan 28, 2017
So so.

If you're looking to purchase items from West Elm I might suggest using a different credit card. The finance charges are really high which in the end you might end up paying near double. If you don't have enough money on a different card and getting a West Elm credit card is your only option then just expect to pay more over time. I pay double the min due to get rid of the balance faster. However, I did get almost $300 in bonus rewards which kind of makes up for the finance charges. So this card in my opinion isn't bad or good. Just try to pay it off fast.

Sep 09, 2016
Signup is nice

The $50 for signing up works and helped buy a bag. 2 day shipping. It's a store card so the apr is whatever, but nowhere near as bad as overstock's 27%. Checking the online portal is a breeze and I had to call them several times, but to their merit comenity bank has always answered on time and been very courteous.

Jan 22, 2015
I like it.

I applied for this, with a ck 609 score, while trying out the Comenity Bank shopping cart trick. I was approved for this store with a cl of $4000. I was very happy since not only am I working on rebuilding my credit but I also like their furniture. The application process was easy. I chose the 6 months no interest (if paid off) option & I chose the paperless account set-up. I've since purchased a bed frame. I've set-up my account with my payment information but I'm not able to pay any of my bill yet. I'm assuming they don't allow you to pay until the product has been shipped ...I assume that because I was able to pay on my Pottery Barn account (that I opened the same say day, another $4000 limit) but those items have shipped. So far I'm very happy, thank you Comenity Bank!

Dec 21, 2010

Love West Elm furniture. The credit card isn't bad either. 19% interest rate and there is even a rewards program built into it. You can get better cards but if you have to get a retail card this one looks pretty decent.