Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

West Elm Credit Card

Oct 09, 2016
Too many strings
Anonymous Cardholder

Reward dollars come with way too many strings attached - hard to earn, hard to spend before expiry, no return refunds.

Card site has limited functionality and no autopay so it's easy to miss a payment on a card you hardly ever use. Plus last I checked it had no integration so even more risk of losing track.

I missed a payment due to an incorrect charge and initially the Comenity Bank customer service was intractable despite West Elm backing me. I ended up writing a letter to Comenity Bank and they did eventually retract the charges, late fees and negative reporting. Thank you to whomever at Comenity approved that - had it not happened I would have cancelled the card and stopped shopping at West Elm.

Sep 09, 2016
Signup is nice
Fakyuden Cardholder

The $50 for signing up works and helped buy a bag. 2 day shipping.

It's a store card so the apr is whatever, but nowhere near as bad as overstock's 27%. Checking the online portal is a breeze and I had to call them several times, but to their merit comenity bank has always answered on time and been very courteous.

Sep 06, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

At first, I was very happy with this card because of the 10% back coupons and benefits you receive with each purchase. Every month, I checked my account and paid off the minimum balance requested. I could have afforded to pay it all off at once, but decided I would slowly pay it off since I was given the option. Little did I know (and nobody from the company told me) that they charge you every month you have any money in the account left unpaid, even if you pay off the minumum balance as calculated by the website.

The first month they charged me a $54 "finance charge". Confused, I paid off everything but that $54 and emailed customer service asking what it was about. They did not respond. I waited until I got the chance to call them, and in the meantime found another $35 finance charge on my account. When I called them they finally told me that they put finance charges on the card based on whatever unpaid balance is left on the card, even if you pay the minimum. Nobody in the store who convinced me to set up the card, nor the credit card expert who set it up over the phone, mentioned this to me. It is only in the fine print of the card information.

Even with this in mind, I have no idea how they justified adding a $35 finance charge when my unpaid balance on the card was only $54.

If you go in knowing to pay off the entire balance every month you will be fine. But it blows my mind that they can do this to people without giving them any sort of legitimate warning.

Feb 17, 2016
Perfect for WE customers
Anonymous Cardholder

You get $50 for signing up. $25 on your birthday month.  You can opt to either have 0% Interest for ONE YEAR or 10% back on everything you spend.  They also run promos where you can get 20% back on your purchases.

I love the card.