2.3

Feb 15, 2017
Not bad for a store card.

Ok so first off, it's actually a CITI card in disguise. I saw someone else say the available credit was tiny but even with marginal at best credit at the time, i was given a limit of $2000 and i'm pretty sure 10% off of my purchase or some such. It automatically gives you six months same as cash when you buy over a certain dollar amount but this doesn't mean you don't have a monthly payment in the mean time. It just means there is no interest. There also is no annual fee and it's possible to use the card in store without the actual card as long as you have ID. They aren't messing around though: A credit increase check is a hard check but those really don't affect your score that much anyway. The biggest affect is avaiable credit and percentage of credit and this card raised my score 75 points getting it.

Mar 27, 2016
Increased credit limit

Never click on the link whereby the website asks if you want to increase your credit limit. Unlike Bank of America, Home Depot runs a HARD credit inquiry which showed up immediately on Credit Karma. I called customer service immediately and was told it was too late to do anything about it.

May 25, 2022
Denied Credit and the reason amazing

I've been a homeowner in the same house for 17 years .. Some how I've managed to make repairs avoiding credit. The ONE TIME I decide to do a small improvement less than $2000 .. I applied and was denied ... The reason was because they said my income didn't meet standards. After asking my zip code .. Yeah ok. BTW I applied at the counter in the store ... Proudly paid cash for my purchase. Be truthful .. stop reaching .. when you really based your decision off my zip code.

Apr 27, 2022
Good card to have

Got the Home depot card in Nov. Applied for it in store on cash register, took all of 5 minutes. Credit limit of $500. Have used every month since, credit increase in Feb. of $250. Never asked just increased on own. I pay over monthly minimum & pay off in under six months. I am very pleased with my card.

Apr 09, 2022
Crappy limit, crappy customer service, overall bla

This card seemed good at first. They gave me a $1000 limit with a 740 score. Got another card at the same time that gave me $4000. I thought, “well I can always get an increase later”. Good luck. It’s been two years of faithful payments. Just asked for an increase and they did a hard inquiry (only card I know that does this) and then declined my request. Customer service was as helpful as my cat when I ask him to take out the trash. Probably won’t be using it much anymore

Nov 23, 2021
Credit limits

I just read on here where somebody said the credit limits are tiny I just got approved and my credit limit is 8000. Find average credit score is in the mid-1700s

Jul 09, 2021
Horrible.

They literally didn't take my payment two months in a row. Causing them to review my credit worthiness.. then lowered my available credit which destroyed my credit score. Then told me to request my available credit to be raised again through a no guarantee process. Which they won't because they just screwed up your credit score. They create a problem they have no way to remedy. Worst credit card ever.

Apr 01, 2021
credit department very rude and absolutly worthles

credit limit lowered significantly called credit department which was rude and and a waste of time.had this card since 2018.never late.told credit customer service if we could not resolve this i would never set foot in home depot again and she said nothing to resolve.very poor customer relations.user beware

Feb 29, 2020
Apparently insufficient credit history

Have had credit cards for over 10 years with credit score in high to mid 700s. Was denied card application for "insufficient credit history". Put a hard inquiry on my credit for a card i was "pre-approved" for though.

Jan 10, 2020
CitiBank SUCKS!!

I have an 800+ credit score...They lower limits whenever they want and score took a hit for being RESPONSIBLE!! TOTAL BS!! ????

Jan 07, 2020
The absolute worst card ever.

I was told it would take 5 min to get approved. It took over an hour. Got approved for 5k. Citibank never sent a card or statement, and rung my phone off the hook. Customer service is horrible. Will pay balance and close account.

Oct 15, 2019
659/641/617 Scores

I applied for the card while in the process of rebuilding my credit. I received $500 limit when I opened the card. I have never carried a balance. I pay off the card every month before the statement closes so a $0 balance appears on my statements. I applied for $250 credit limit increase in September. They approved me for $300. I applied for another $200 increase in October and they approved. I used the online website to apply for credit limit increases. After two years of owning this account my limit has increased from $500 to $1,000 which I am very happy with. I am working hard to rebuild my credit back to the 700s.