2.8

Jan 28 2017
got approved. only had for one day so no

i have a pretty low credit score. ive applied before and was denied. the lady asked me "would like to try" i said "okay one last time" boom approved for $300 i about fell to the floor. apparently in the past i was denied they were with citi bank. now they are with CapitalOne and many more people are being approved. for ME to get approved you shopuld definetly check.

Aug 09 2017
Worst Experience Ever

Before they changed to Commenity Bank they had the AUTO PAY option, so I didn't have to worry about having to make payments.. I was late 1 month by $8.00 not realizing it.. After I finally realized I was late, I paid the balance to find out my credit score went down 70 POINTS!!!!! Mind you I've had the card for over 4 years with perfect paying record, and they NEVER increased my credit limit... Will not be using this card again..

Dec 27 2019
Worst Company Ever!! (My 2nd Post)

Original $250 limit. Then for no reason stated dropped down to $100. Then when I had my credit pulled for a house and my score dropped like 2/3 points, they closed my account immediately despite ALWAYS HAVING ON TIME PAYMENTS!! They also said they closed it because I wasn't using it, but I used it often and immediately paid it off! I give up. Spoke to management and I'm done. I want nothing else to do with COMENITY BANK and I happy other companies like Walmart are doing away with them and SYNCRONY! I never want another card like them ever. Not worth it. Sent me an email to check my messages. Letter stated I requested the information (A LIE!)

Dec 22 2019
Horrible customer service

After years paying cash, I decided it was time to build my credit. I was happy when Children's Place approved me for $500 sometime in the summer. I bought very little and paid it off as quickly as I could. But in October, I could not remember my balance, and I was $11 short paying the balance. I always make the payments in the store. I made a purchase and told my husband to go pay the balance (around $100). I could have easily paid cash, but I was trying to improve and create a credit trail. .... My husband paid $11 instead of the balance. Keep in mind, that I made a purchase the day before it would have been calculated (my mistake). So I was rather shocked to have a payment at all. As quickly as I could get back to the store (about 3 days), I did pay off the balance. But this was enough time for them to ALREADY MAKE A DING!! to my credit. WHAT!!! This was not good. My sister and I went together to the store on December 10 and paid our bills, I paid with a check, she paid with cash. We both received a reciept that the payment had been made. Imagine our shock when we checked our accounts to find neither of them had been recorded. My payment went through my bank. So now we both have another mark, the bill total was $117 and now was $119. The check I wrote was for $125. Because I wasn't sure about the balance, and wanted to make sure it was covered. I don't think I will use this card in the future. .... We have called, sent disputes, and they told us to go to the store. After almost 90 mintues of the store manager calling all of their hotlines, and they continued to give all 3 of us the run around, they finally promised to send us a special link and streamline it ... uh, nope. They just sent the general account link. I have never seen so much incompetence in a main line store. Children's Place is an awesome place to get my kids some clothes, but they need to find a REPUTIABLE credit company to do business with. This is appalling! BEWARE THEY SCAM YOU!!!!

Oct 22 2019
The worst

I got this card back in 2018 I was initially approved for a $500 credit limit I barely used the card and always paid my bill on time I either paid it off or at least really low without warning they lowered my limit to $200 then again to $100 I should have cancelled the card but decided to keep it anyway then today I checked the card onlinr because I was emailed by them regarding changes made to the account and saw that my limit is still $100 but I have no available credit need I mind you my balance is $0 and I haven't used this card in months I'm so confused and definitely cancelling the card immediately stay away from CP credit card not worth it at all the worst credit card I've ever had

Oct 04 2019
It was all good just a week ago

It seems I started from 400 limit to being increased to a 550 limit for no reason at all I've been dropped to 300 I kind of thought that if I am building credit with you for going on two years I've payed on time and payed everything off in a big payment and opened a 200 balance as opposed to the 400 balance from the beginning that everything was okay but I guess not so the question is now why when I called commentity about it they upped me back to 550 lmao why do I even need this card apparently its not helping me looks like I'm the fool paying interest and they don't fwm credit wise lol **** is sad I can pay cash this is nothing but trash

Aug 15 2019
SUCKS

I JUST SPENT 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH THE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY HAVE! I ORDERED ON MY CHARGE YESTERDAY, THEY SENT ME A CONFRIM EMAIL, AND THEN 10 MINUTES LATER THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL CANELING MY ORDER. IN THE EMAIL OR ON THE 2HOUR PHONE CALL I HAD I COULD NOT GET 1 ANSWER AS TO WHY MY ORDER WAS CANCELED. HERES THE KICKER... THEY TOOK THE 200 PLUS DOLLARS OFF MY CHARGE STILL. SO YOU TAKE THE MONEY AND CANCEL MY ORDER AND THEN TELL ME YOU DONT KNOW WHY AND I HAVE TO WAIT 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THE MONEY TO BE BAK ON MY CHARGE. IM BEYONDED DISGUSTED WITH YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!! 2 HRS ON THE PHONE, TAKE $, AND CANCEL MY ORDER.

Aug 04 2019
Drops Your Score! Deceptive Credit Repor

Approved and paid well then they decreased my available credit 2 times without warning! 2nd time my score had even increased by 41 points and they decreased my available credit. IMPORTANT: They report to credit bureaus on 23rd of each month so when they would decrease my score and then report my balance to the credit bureaus showing a HIGH UTILIZATION reflecting negatively on my score!!!

Apr 30 2019
Horrible Card

After reading these reviews I realize that I am not the only one this happened to. So I opened the credit card back in September 2018 for a $500 credit limit. I spent about $300 on it in January 2019 and they increased my limit to $800. I never used this much and I always paid my bill on time. So now, I paid my bill all the way down and just leaving a very small balance on it ($80) and they lowered my credit limit to $200. The funny thing is when I applied my score was 100 points worse than it is now. I'm really confused my credit score is great now and they decreased me to $200. If you are reading this, I never missed a payment and always kept my bill down except for the one time when I spent $300 and they increased me. Beware of this card, it's horrible!!!! No missed and on time payments with a credit score limit increase and my credit balance is lowered? Doesn't that sound a bit crazy? The clothes aren't expensive at all and I can use cash whenever I enter the store. I'm cancelling this card TODAY. The only reason I haven't cancelled it before writing this message is because customer service center is closed. DONT DO IT WHEN IT COMES TO COMENITY CARDS!!!!!

Dec 14 2018
Terrible - Credit Limit Decrease ???

I got this card online while checking out and was instantly approved for $500. Fast-forward to over a year later with payments ALWAYS made on time and in-full...and I got a letter today saying they have decreased my limit to $150. The letter says they are lowering it because of my bankruptcy 3 years ago. I applied for and was approved for the card AFTER my bankruptcy was discharged, so I'm very confused. After Google'ing, this is apparently pretty regular for them. Ironically, I just got a $350 credit increase on a card and $500 on another in the last month. Oh well, their loss!

Aug 03 2018
horrible

They decreased my credit limit for a pretty dumb reason. they approved me for $500 in fall of 2016. They increased my credit limit by $200 a year later. in fall of 2017. It is now Late Summer of 2018, and they decreased my limit from $700 to a measly $100 due to my bankruptcy, however, my bankruptcy was back in 2013, meaning, they had no problem approving it in the first place in 2016. They play too many games with loyal customers. I paid my bill on time, a count has been paid off for 4 months, and I never went over 30% in utilization of the card. They can keep there sorry, funky $100. I rather shop elsewhere now. Might explain why 144 stores in 2018 are closing.

Aug 03 2018
RIP OFF

I was approved for $500 2 years ago. payments on time, never exceeded limit, always stayed within a 30% debt ratio...even received a $200 increase 12 months later. My credit score did not change much and they just sent me a notice stating I've been decreased to only a $100 credit limit. how insulting....and the account has been paid off since April, and it's now August!! very disappointed. they can keep there funky $100.