Great for Target addicts††

3.5

Jun 28 2019
My Limit Keeps Going Up!
CreditKarma Member

I've had this card for a little more than a year and they've been steadily increaing my limit without me having to ask. I'm not even sure if there's a place on their website to make a request for a higher limit but I started out at $600 and then it was $1000. Then one day out of the blue they thanked me for my business and bumped it up to $1500. Now I'm at a $2300 credit limit which is great because it gives me that extra room to maintain a low utilization rate. I use it primarily for a few groceries and most of my consumables. But what I really like about it is the ease of use when it comes to making payments. Other store card sites have me searching and digging around to find the area to make a payment but Target clearly says "Pay Bill Here". ?

Jan 13 2019
Worst card ever for frequent shoppers
CreditKarma Member

This is by far the most dangerous store card you can own. And not because of the stereotypical reasons. The customer service is by far the worst and they have never been able to help me. I have always had to go back in and a Target employee instore has stayed back to correct/adjust/refund transactions with much more help and with a sense of urgency. The interest rate is ridiculous, but if you pay on time, in full you have no problem, right? WRONG. This card has ?stopped? my payments multiple times, claiming it was a ?large payment? and in turn I would be charged late fees!! Claimed it was ?fraud protection?. They have also REJECTED full, on time payments, at least 3 times and I was charged fees every time, even though THEY were the ones rejecting it. It took me being physically at my bank, on the fourth try to make sure they made the proper adjustments and corrections and accepted the payment. They?re awful. 2 stars though because I love the 5% off and as an avid Target shopper I appreciate it. Just hate that the RED card doesn?t appreciate a good customer and tries to ruin your credit to get their fees by trying to pull fast ones. IF you get this card, BE DILIGENT. It?s a great concept with great potential but the customer service and card company are shady.

Jan 20 2020
Definitely not worth it
CreditKarma Member

I applied for this card in a target store on December 23, 2019 and was approved. They gave me a receipt and said that it was going to be my temporary card and if I wanted to use it, I can only use it in store. The very next day a charge on my account for $217 appeared on my account. The charge came from Target.com and I was furious because there was no way that was me. I called them on January 3, 2020 and explained the situation, but they told me that first they need to review my account for “fraudulent” activity. Target had locked my account so there was no way I could verify I was the owner unless I sent them personal information over fax. After 2 weeks and many faxes later I had the charge cleared. Closed the account immediately after

Jan 04 2020
this is the worst card out of all my cards
CreditKarma Member

this card accepts only at target, hence it matters how often you go to target store. we hardly goes to target as the prices are high compared to other stores. one time we purchased around 200$ where the store folks forced by saying we get the cash back for the purchase and forced me to apply, later once they applied they say, it went for processing and next purchase onwards it will be affective. Now the card, i hardly use. don't cheat/trap by these target store guys. be careful.

Dec 19 2019
No credit increase after 18 months...
CreditKarma Member

I have a credit scores from TU of 740 & Ex 739. I have been a card holder for 18 months, use the card frequently, and still have the original credit limit of $700. I have cards with $5,000-$10,000 limits, yet no increase. I have contacted customer service several times & I’m always told the same “we increase limits monthly when we review your account”. Explained I refuse to go over 15% of my credit on any card, and would spend more & use my card more often, yet they don’t seem to want to reward good customers. I like the 5% discount but would truly like a credit increase. Don’t understand with scores this high how you get an increase?

Nov 09 2019
Fair
CreditKarma Member

I have a score of 560 and other card that I gave me a fair odds I was approved for. After I applied it said will be notified by mail in 7-10 days so I guess I didn't get approved.

Nov 07 2019
CreditKarma Member

worst card to try to get they say good approvel ods but every one plus me has tried to get one & they have always said no i have a walmart card that is fare better than target i do not shop there any more there prices have gone way up walmart has the same items & much cheaper i just wast money there i will stay with walmart a way better store & they help build your credit up with a good card

Nov 05 2019
I love the Target card
CreditKarma Member

I buy something every month now and they increased my CL love it

Nov 03 2019
Very Good Card
CreditKarma Member

Great for the 5% off Everything ! in Target. Advice always pay it off, intrest is very High..

Nov 02 2019
This card is good

5 percent back on all purchases dont mind if I do love this card

Nov 02 2019
Extra 5% off
CreditKarma Member

I like this card because I work and shop at target literally every other day, getting an additional 5% off every purchase is so nice and the app is easy to navigate as well?

Oct 29 2019
CreditKarma Member

Very good approval odds according to credit karma, but was denied. Hmmm??

Great for Target addicts††