4.3

Jun 28, 2019
My Limit Keeps Going Up!

I've had this card for a little more than a year and they've been steadily increaing my limit without me having to ask. I'm not even sure if there's a place on their website to make a request for a higher limit but I started out at $600 and then it was $1000. Then one day out of the blue they thanked me for my business and bumped it up to $1500. Now I'm at a $2300 credit limit which is great because it gives me that extra room to maintain a low utilization rate. I use it primarily for a few groceries and most of my consumables. But what I really like about it is the ease of use when it comes to making payments. Other store card sites have me searching and digging around to find the area to make a payment but Target clearly says "Pay Bill Here". ?

Mar 14, 2019
Run away!

This card is not good at all, the only good thing about me having the card was closing the account. I had a purchase I did not make and their disputes team wouldn?t even open a case.

Mar 27, 2021
Difficult to deal with.

So. I’ve had the card for essentially one week with a $1000 credit limit. I have yet to use the card, but every interaction I’ve had thus far has been oddly irritating. First, when I applied, I used my legal address as I have recently moved from New York to Massachusetts. I called to see if I could update the address to have it mailed to my actual home as opposed to my former address which I still have access to. The representative most literally described the request as “highly suspicious”. The issue I truly took was that I simply didn’t care what address it was mailed to, for purposes of convenience alone, I requested my new physical address, but was highly amendable to it going to the alternate as I still have access to the address. It just was such a strangely aggressive implication and quite frankly, rude. So upon receiving the card, I called to activate and was told I needed to wait during a former business day to do so as the department responsible for verification needed to approve it. Like. I simply did it to receive the discount for a large television purchase, but with each interaction, it seems hardly worth it as it is literally jumping through hoops to gain access. The irony is that I was barely asked any questions in the application process, which was fine online and felt seamless. But any after thought or inquiry has been highly problematic. I’ll hold out hope, but I’m borderline appalled at this point.

Dec 23, 2020
Best retail card

This is by far the best retail card on the market. Target already has everything reasonably priced and you can find nearly everything at their stores and online so you can save money on almost anything. You get a 5% discount when paying so you don't have to deal with having to redeem points or cash back which makes this card very nice and simple. I would recommend using only this card when paying at target.

Oct 05, 2020

Apr 08, 2020
Dont believe credit karmas "very good odds"

I was denied this card with 689 fico with both transunion and equifax and a 717 fico with experian. I only applied because im trying to build my credit and with credit karmas rating it seemed like a safe bet. Now my scores been dinged 7 points and a hard inquiry with no card issued will be on there for two years. Thanks for nothing Credit Karma.

Apr 06, 2020

Mar 05, 2020

Feb 27, 2020
Bankruptcy ch 7 cs 653

Credit karma says very good odds for this card but got a review in 7-10 days

Jan 24, 2020

Jan 20, 2020
Definitely not worth it

I applied for this card in a target store on December 23, 2019 and was approved. They gave me a receipt and said that it was going to be my temporary card and if I wanted to use it, I can only use it in store. The very next day a charge on my account for $217 appeared on my account. The charge came from Target.com and I was furious because there was no way that was me. I called them on January 3, 2020 and explained the situation, but they told me that first they need to review my account for “fraudulent” activity. Target had locked my account so there was no way I could verify I was the owner unless I sent them personal information over fax. After 2 weeks and many faxes later I had the charge cleared. Closed the account immediately after

Dec 19, 2019
No credit increase after 18 months...

I have a credit scores from TU of 740 & Ex 739. I have been a card holder for 18 months, use the card frequently, and still have the original credit limit of $700. I have cards with $5,000-$10,000 limits, yet no increase. I have contacted customer service several times & I’m always told the same “we increase limits monthly when we review your account”. Explained I refuse to go over 15% of my credit on any card, and would spend more & use my card more often, yet they don’t seem to want to reward good customers. I like the 5% discount but would truly like a credit increase. Don’t understand with scores this high how you get an increase?