4.1

Jun 28, 2019
My Limit Keeps Going Up!

I've had this card for a little more than a year and they've been steadily increaing my limit without me having to ask. I'm not even sure if there's a place on their website to make a request for a higher limit but I started out at $600 and then it was $1000. Then one day out of the blue they thanked me for my business and bumped it up to $1500. Now I'm at a $2300 credit limit which is great because it gives me that extra room to maintain a low utilization rate. I use it primarily for a few groceries and most of my consumables. But what I really like about it is the ease of use when it comes to making payments. Other store card sites have me searching and digging around to find the area to make a payment but Target clearly says "Pay Bill Here". ?

Mar 14, 2019
Run away!

This card is not good at all, the only good thing about me having the card was closing the account. I had a purchase I did not make and their disputes team wouldn?t even open a case.

Apr 12, 2022
Impossible For Credit Increases

Been having this card for about a year. I have an average credit limit of $2,000 with some cards above $10,000. My credit score is decent with a 710 and when I applied I got a $300 credit limit. I felt offended with the little trust they gave me but I knew I could increase it in the future. Turns out I can't increase it at all on my end and when I called after six months they told me they do it randomly and I can't adjust it. I can't fully use this card so I have it collecting dust. Get the target debit card instead since it offers the same benefits

Dec 23, 2021
Good Deal - Antiquated Features

The cash back rewards make the card worthwhile to use when shopping at Target. The online experience is reminiscent of the early 2000s and it is not uncommon to get locked out of the account for months at a time, needing to call in to unlock the account (I get an entirely different story each time - seems to be a fabrication du jour). The credit limit control is also a bit of a frustrating and arbitrary mystery.

Dec 18, 2021
Worst experience with card and support

I got a Target redcard credit card, 3 months in, making my payments and all of a sudden I'm seeing my payments taking 1-2 weeks to post. Electronic payments mind you, in this day and age. When I call Target Redcard, they are telling me that they need to dial my bank on a 3 way call and have me enter my bank credentials to verify those payments..... What? I work in a bank, this is how people are scammed. I hung up and called them back, talked to a different associate and they told me the same thing. Unless Target is so cheap that they are still using computers from 1990s to process "electronic payments", I don't see how it is possible to process a payment for 2 weeks. It deducted from my bank acct same day, but somehow does not reflect on Targe Redcard for 2 weeks and the support line is useless!!! Cancelling this RedCard, it is not worth the 5% to expose your bank information to Target support teams in India

Mar 27, 2021
Difficult to deal with.

So. I’ve had the card for essentially one week with a $1000 credit limit. I have yet to use the card, but every interaction I’ve had thus far has been oddly irritating. First, when I applied, I used my legal address as I have recently moved from New York to Massachusetts. I called to see if I could update the address to have it mailed to my actual home as opposed to my former address which I still have access to. The representative most literally described the request as “highly suspicious”. The issue I truly took was that I simply didn’t care what address it was mailed to, for purposes of convenience alone, I requested my new physical address, but was highly amendable to it going to the alternate as I still have access to the address. It just was such a strangely aggressive implication and quite frankly, rude. So upon receiving the card, I called to activate and was told I needed to wait during a former business day to do so as the department responsible for verification needed to approve it. Like. I simply did it to receive the discount for a large television purchase, but with each interaction, it seems hardly worth it as it is literally jumping through hoops to gain access. The irony is that I was barely asked any questions in the application process, which was fine online and felt seamless. But any after thought or inquiry has been highly problematic. I’ll hold out hope, but I’m borderline appalled at this point.

Dec 23, 2020
Best retail card

This is by far the best retail card on the market. Target already has everything reasonably priced and you can find nearly everything at their stores and online so you can save money on almost anything. You get a 5% discount when paying so you don't have to deal with having to redeem points or cash back which makes this card very nice and simple. I would recommend using only this card when paying at target.

Oct 05, 2020

Apr 08, 2020
Dont believe credit karmas "very good odds"

I was denied this card with 689 fico with both transunion and equifax and a 717 fico with experian. I only applied because im trying to build my credit and with credit karmas rating it seemed like a safe bet. Now my scores been dinged 7 points and a hard inquiry with no card issued will be on there for two years. Thanks for nothing Credit Karma.

Apr 06, 2020