2.1

Oct 02, 2021
Excellent consumer credit card - 10* for sure...

Started with 2K credit when my scores were high 500s and some low 600s some 3+ years ago. Not upgraded to MasterCard yet but contacted Synchrony today 10/02/21 about any possibilities of CLI out of curiosity and boom ... Sams Club ( Synchrony ) instantly tripled it to 6K. Very rarely done any big ticket purchases in last 3+ years but tried to maintain my account very well. Current Credit Situation before this CLI : CK VANTAGE SCORES : TU 751, EQ 763 EXP vantage 749 Love shopping at SamsClub / Walmart By the way - not doing any marketing but has anyone noticed that prices of same branded items are way lower at SamsClub than COSTCO ? And GAS price is exactly the same. SamsClub is the biggest winner with Scan&Go - so you skip all the lines and land at exit at your will. I am a COSTCO Executive member as well and shockingly find same items - brand, weight, number you name it .. at way cheaper rates ( or definitely same at the least ) at Sams Club ( many but not all though ... ) - love COSTCO Novelties sometimes missing at SAMS. Same with OUT OF STOCK items - mostly when one is OUT OF STOCK other has it. I have a huge advantage - both the stores are just 3+ miles of each other which helps me save a lot. Basically COSTCO app is on at Sams and Sams App open at COSTCO while shopping. Another thing is, also have CAPITAL ONE WALMART REWARDS - with 6K and use both cards interchangeably at each other - Solid advantage !

May 07, 2022
High Interest and Change Your Limit Without Notice

I have had this card for over 7 years. Not only are their interest rates extremely high, but they can change your limit without justification which affects your credit. They have decreased my limit twice without ever being delinquent. Started at 10,000 and I'm at 3,700 now. Customer service is useless.

Oct 07, 2022
Your Credit Score DROPS.

At the insistence of a clerk, I applied. Two weeks later, my score dropped 4 points, just because I applied. Protect your credit worthiness, avoid at all cost.

May 07, 2022
High Interest and Change Your Limit Without Notice

Mar 25, 2022
Great card if you are a Sam's Club Plus member

If you visit Sam's much they are all about trying to talk you into getting this card. They hit you up at every check out. Finally one day they literally had a pre-approval that was given on my receipt at checkout and I decided to go ahead and get it. They knocked 30 bucks off my purchase on the spot to, which does not suck. The perks for gas an in-club purchases at 5% are massive if you are a frequent Sam's shopper, and with 3 kids we most certainly are. The cash back alone (now called "Sams Cash") will pay for both our annual plus membership and give us a nice little bump to put towards Xmas spending this year. The card seamlessly integrates with the Sam's Club app. So making payments or looking over your spending is quite simple. This card really only makes sense if you are a frequent Sam's Club Plus shopper as the cash back has to be redeemed in club. But if you are such a person, this card in your arsenal is pretty much a no-brainer.

Nov 29, 2021
Would give 0 star if there is an option

I paid for the plus membership and had a credit card. I never missed a bill, but my account is closed today. they took my 480 dollars rewards without notice.I called three times but they didnt explain why. The bank asked me to go to sams club to refund my membership, but sams club refused. Such a terrible bank.

Oct 02, 2021
Excellent consumer credit card - 10* for sure...

Sep 24, 2021
Fraud department contact with every use

Every time we use this credit card, we get notified the next day that it has been fraudulently used and the company issues us a new card. While this has not cost us any money, every time a new card is issued, it generates a new account number, thus showing a new credit account and reset credit age on our credit report. We have even used the bank's phone app and "lock" and "unlock" this card with every use, which hasn't helped. We put this card away in a safe, knowing we would be splitting hairs with our credit between credit age issues and total credit available with this card, and it sat in the safe unused for a year, when we decided to use it once at Sam's club to keep it open, immediately paid off the balance, and low and behold, another call from the fraud department, another issued card, and a new account number. This card is not worth the hassle, credit impact, or having to deal with this bank's ridiculous customer service.

Sep 06, 2021
Frequently declines my purchases

I have a credit limit of $11,000. Account in good standing. The card half the time gets declined at merchant's. I called customer services. Said my card seems to be working fine. Can't explain why it works sometimes and not others. Late at night trying to fill gas. Card Declined. Called said to try a different pump. Tried my debit card at same pump. Went through no problems. Customer service rude! Talked to a supervisor, rude too. Then put me on hold for 15 minutes. Finally hung up. Do not recommend this card!!

Aug 04, 2021
DO NOT APPLY

Do not apply for this card, it only serves to devalue your credit. And the customer service is no good. Yes if you experience any changes in your credit limit it shows up as new credit. I have been a customer in great standing for years with no missed or late payments. My card was canceled after one auto pay rejected twice in the same week. I called them when I noticed the issue and they returned the fees and updated my account. 2 WHOLE MONTHS LATER they cancel my card for two missed payments in 12 months. IT WAS ONE AUTOPAY! But that's okay it is not a card I use often so GOOD RIDDANCE.

Aug 28, 2020
Sams Club Credit Card

My husband and I have been sams club members for years so we opened a mastercard with them. We had a 20k limit. Never had a late payment. Paid balance in full every month. I went to use it and got denied at Walmart. Called them and found out they had closed my account. They refused to give me a reason over the phone and said that we would receive a letter in the mail with an explanation. What a joke. We have perfect credit and this dropped our score a bit. I iwll never shop at sams or walmart again. Even if they have the last roll of toilet paper!

Jan 30, 2020
crap!

Thanks CK for your platform and thanks everyone for your feedback. Almost applied for this card. Do not want my excellent credit rating to take an unecessary hit.