Credit Card Reviews

Sam's Club® Consumer Credit Card

Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 621
Data Created: October 01, 2013

20 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 20Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

I logged into my online Walmart acct and preapproved for $1,200 credit limit. Most of the information on the application was alread pre-filled. I completed the remainder of the app. and was immediately approved. I went to Sams Club and applied for a membership and was pre-approved on the spot for a $1000 credit line. I accepted the offer. I had to wait for about 30 minutes because I listed my PO Box as my address. Once that was cleared up, I was approved. I have been rebuilding my credit over the last past year. All of my credit scores are in the low to mid 600's. I have some charge offs that I settled, 1 unpaid judgement and late payments in the past. I have received credit from  the following lenders since I started rebuilding my credit Capital one $30,000 car loan, Cap. one rewards card $500, Cap one. Plat. secured $300, Belk, $200, Texaco 400, Sams Club $1,200, Walmart $1000 and Pay Pal Connect $400. All of these cards with the exception of Cap One are GE Capital Cards. GE is great when you're rebuilding your credit.

king29550's review was:

Sep 12, 2012 Reply

king29550(3, 27)

Review by king29550

Thanks for sharing you were very detail . I would like to know if you know which credit report they pulled when you got approved.

Prince3261's reply was:

Feb 01, 2013

Prince3261(3, 10)

Review by Prince3261

Already have a Wal-Mart store card for like a month, and went to Sam's Club(11-18-2012) today to buy few items and went to pay at register and gave them my membership card and before I could pay and receipt printed out saying I was pre-approved for the Sam's store card for $500! Man it felt good getting approved without even applying! CK 610

youngpzo's review was:

Mar 15, 2013

youngpzo(15, 30)

Review by youngpzo

Great Credit increase Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

went into sams club store just to enroll in store and they told me that i was pre-approved for there credit card with limit of 300. so i went for it since  i want to rebulit credit ( i had a car repo 6months earlier before all this) so i didnt have anything to lose. i was waiting  for a lady to tell i was denied. I Was very surprised when she told that i was approve for 500 not for the  300 that she had told me earlier. spent about 300 same day paid it off in full when i got bill got a 200 raise first month and 300 third month.

Dec 16, 2012 Reply

I was shopping at Sam's one day, paying for my purchase and the cashier said i was approved for a Sam's Club credit card and if i accepted i would receive $25 off on my purchase!  I accepted started out with $300 limit and they have now changed my limit to $1100 great for re-building and it's accepted at wal-mart also!  Online access, i really like it!

Oct 06, 2011 Reply

Do you know which credit report they pulled. The only reason I'm asking my transunion is the highest score

Prince3261's reply was:

Feb 01, 2013

Prince3261(3, 10)

Review by Prince3261

Great for 0% interest promotions Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I have had this card (Sam's Discover) for almost 2 years and I love it. I was instantly approved and have had steady credit limit increases every 4 months. Yes the interest is high on this card but that is not a problem for me because I pay in full before the statement cuts. I only put groceries and prescriptions on the card to earn rewards and then I pay it back off immediately. The customer service has always been great and helpful. I only use the card at Sam's because I have other credit cards that offer far better rewards. My favorite thing about this card is the 0% interest deals that they have from time to time. I have purchased two TV's this way. Just be sure that you only finance what you can pay back within the number of months of the 0% interest because if you don't, you will be charged for interest dating back to the date of sale and that will end up costing you quite a bit. The least favorite thing I like about this card is that payments are slow to post. Sometimes it takes 3-4 days.

surfsidescooby's review was:

Feb 21, 2014 Reply

surfsidescooby(1, 1)

Review by surfsidescooby

Just wondering if you have to pay, or are charged, the annual Sam's club membership fee, or is that optional?

TimeLBK's reply was:

Apr 11, 2014

TimeLBK(9, 0)

Review by TimeLBK

Wonderful Store Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I currently have a Sam's Card and It is truely a wonderful store.

GiGi4Grands's review was:

Jan 28, 2013 Reply

GiGi4Grands(6, 9)

Review by GiGi4Grands

WOW Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

Being only 19, I figured I would not be able to get a sams card, but while doing the membership paperwork, they asked if i wanted to apply, figured what the heck why not, got 700 CL right off the bat, now about 2-3 months later they upped me to 1k CL, it is nice since I work at walmart I can use/pay at work!

Best part was, unlike walmart, you can choose whether you want to apply for sams credit, or sams discover credit!

puzzleluvr's review was:

Jan 10, 2013 Reply

puzzleluvr(1, 1)

Review by puzzleluvr

Have a CK score of 629 and was approved today for a CL of $600. Perfect start to improving my credit and it will help to be able to use it at walmart too.

carpediem65's review was:

Jan 02, 2012 Reply

carpediem65(3, 2)

Review by carpediem65

I have an 18month interest free promotion from buying a 60" T.V. October last year. In April of this year I started being charged interest. In March, I bought $226 of merchandise and paid $750 to cover my minimum payment, store charges and then some. Somehow, the full $750 came off the promotion and not the $226.

I called month after month, continuously being told that I owed interest because of my charges or that it would be fixed after MAKING them look up past charges and past payments. I finally got tired of the incompetence and paid the amount being charged interest + my regular payment.

Other than that, the credit card and my auto credit line increases are great.

latoniaw1's review was:

Sep 06, 2012 Reply

latoniaw1(5, 11)

Review by latoniaw1

With any GECapital bank card, if you have special financing, and you wish to have a poriton of your money apply to a specific purchase, you can all and ask them to do that. Otherwise, it would probably apply to your lagest balance, being the promotional balance.

Roughdraft214's reply was:

Feb 14, 2013

Roughdraft214(3, 2)

Review by Roughdraft214

Payments are SLOW to be reported Helpful to 1 out of 2 people

Sams is extremely slow to show payments and credits. Have had payments take as long as a week to finally be credited, even after paying in person at the store which they claim will give immediate account credit. Also, the annual membership fee is added without any notice automatically.... For one who tries to maintain a zero balance and pays well ahead of due dates I wonder if this isn't deliberate way to manipulate my score towards a lower rating.....

schhall's review was:

Nov 29, 2012 Reply

schhall(1, 1)

Review by schhall

Results 1-10 of 20Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Sam's Club® Consumer Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (20)

Sam's Club® Consumer Credit Card, offered through GE Money Bank, helps Sam’s Club® customers finance purchases through credit. Online account management is available and allows cardholders to service their account online to pay bills, request a credit line increase, update account information, view recent activity, and receive special offers.

Sam’s Club® is a chain of membership-only retail warehouse clubs and a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. since 1969. Established in 1983, the first Sam’s Club® was opened in Midwest City, Oklahoma, and has expanded today to nearly 600 locations to serve more than 47 million members throughout the United States as well as internationally in Brazil, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.

Sam's Club® Consumer Credit Card