2.1

Feb 21, 2016
So far so good, I'm happy with it

Unless I'm just confused and have a different card, I don't understand the negative reviews here. I have the Sam's Club Mastercard which I got after getting the Sam's Plus membership. So far it has been excellent and I haven't experienced any of the issues other users have. 1. I got a $1,500 credit limit with NO HARD PULL. I have no idea why, I was in disbelief myself. I wasn't even after a credit card that day and I made the rep all but sign in blood that applying for the card wouldn't be an inquery. It's been 4 months and I seriously don't have any new inqueries on my reports. 2. The online portal works fine. It looks like it was designed in 1995 and has a few minor issues (Payments default to the first of the next month, if you're making an early payment pay attention to the little calendar pop-up) but nothing serious enough to heavily criticize. 3. So far none of my payments has been messed up, counted as late or anything like that. I don't use the card as if it were extra money though; I only use it when I actually have the money I'm spending with it. Basically I just treat the card as if it were a 1% discount on everything, 3% for food and 5% for gas. Maybe that's the key difference; people complaining are using their card irresponsibly. If your income doesn't change from month to month, you have no reason to abuse a credit card and treat it like extra cash. If you couldn't afford that stuff this month, how will you afford it next month?! 4. After about 4 months of service my credit limit has increased to $2,000 and I didn't even ask (that I can remember). My score isn't even that great yet; FICO is in the 650's and Vantage scores are all in the 640's. I don't know why I'm having such a positive experience with this card and others aren't. My guess is that people just don't use credit cards responsibly or maybe I have a different card and I'm just confused. It's not a business card that I know of, I log-in through the "Consumer Credit Account" portal, not the business one. I only detracted one star because the web interface is fairly dated and their reporting date (maybe due to my billing cycle) is at an odd time of the month so balances on my card affect my scores longer than they should when I'm self-monitoring because it's out of sync with when Credit Karma and my other services pull their info.

Jun 18, 2015
Friends Beware

Sams Club was doing a membership promo so my daughter and I decided to sign up. I then decided to apply for their Master Card Credit Card thinking it would just be convenient when I shop there. I was approved within minutes for 10K. Hmmm, although my credit is very good the credit line did surprise me and triggered a slight movement of a red flag within. I was told that I will receive my card in the mail 7-14 days. I received my bill in the mail along with some other paper about interest rate from them but no card. After waiting for 23 days I called the credit card company. It was a good 10 minutes answering question after question to a computer. Hmmm again I felt a twinge of a red flag. I was getting so frustrated having to waste my time speaking with a computer, that I knew could not help. I needed to speak with a real person. Once that finally happened, they told me that they sent the card over 2 wks ago. I informed them I did not receive it and to please cancel it and send out another one. After getting transfered to someone else, everthing seemed good. I waited another 15 days and still no card. I dreaded the thought of having to call them and talk to a computer for ten minutes or more before I get to speak with someone, but I did it. Once again by the time I got done with question after question with the computer, about 10 minutes, I got to speak to a person. I explained my situation and asked if they can check if my new "2" card was sent out yet. I was told that there was no new "2" card send and my original card that I never did receive was NEVER CANCELLED, however I was told they did update my address. What ?? Now I'm paniked and wanted to know why it was not cancelled when I called them a month ago and why my address was updated. I received the bill no problem and some other paper to my home just no credit card. After they checked there was no transactions made....lucky me! However I decided not to push my luck any further so I told them to CANCEL / CLOSE any account that has my name attached to theirs and send me a confirmation it was taken care of this time. So far I am not out any money and hopefully the credit card has been cancelled this time. I am still waiting to receive a confirmation from them that I am not one of their customers, nor ever will be unless things change big time. I'm very disappointed with their customer service. I don't like talking to a computer when I know it cannot help me and I don't like being lied to especially when it come to a lost / stolen credit card that they say they will cancel it and never do !!

May 07, 2022
High Interest and Change Your Limit Without Notice

I have had this card for over 7 years. Not only are their interest rates extremely high, but they can change your limit without justification which affects your credit. They have decreased my limit twice without ever being delinquent. Started at 10,000 and I'm at 3,700 now. Customer service is useless.

Mar 25, 2022
Great card if you are a Sam's Club Plus member

If you visit Sam's much they are all about trying to talk you into getting this card. They hit you up at every check out. Finally one day they literally had a pre-approval that was given on my receipt at checkout and I decided to go ahead and get it. They knocked 30 bucks off my purchase on the spot to, which does not suck. The perks for gas an in-club purchases at 5% are massive if you are a frequent Sam's shopper, and with 3 kids we most certainly are. The cash back alone (now called "Sams Cash") will pay for both our annual plus membership and give us a nice little bump to put towards Xmas spending this year. The card seamlessly integrates with the Sam's Club app. So making payments or looking over your spending is quite simple. This card really only makes sense if you are a frequent Sam's Club Plus shopper as the cash back has to be redeemed in club. But if you are such a person, this card in your arsenal is pretty much a no-brainer.

Nov 29, 2021
Would give 0 star if there is an option

I paid for the plus membership and had a credit card. I never missed a bill, but my account is closed today. they took my 480 dollars rewards without notice.I called three times but they didnt explain why. The bank asked me to go to sams club to refund my membership, but sams club refused. Such a terrible bank.

Oct 02, 2021
Excellent consumer credit card - 10* for sure...

Started with 2K credit when my scores were high 500s and some low 600s some 3+ years ago. Not upgraded to MasterCard yet but contacted Synchrony today 10/02/21 about any possibilities of CLI out of curiosity and boom ... Sams Club ( Synchrony ) instantly tripled it to 6K. Very rarely done any big ticket purchases in last 3+ years but tried to maintain my account very well. Current Credit Situation before this CLI : CK VANTAGE SCORES : TU 751, EQ 763 EXP vantage 749 Love shopping at SamsClub / Walmart By the way - not doing any marketing but has anyone noticed that prices of same branded items are way lower at SamsClub than COSTCO ? And GAS price is exactly the same. SamsClub is the biggest winner with Scan&Go - so you skip all the lines and land at exit at your will. I am a COSTCO Executive member as well and shockingly find same items - brand, weight, number you name it .. at way cheaper rates ( or definitely same at the least ) at Sams Club ( many but not all though ... ) - love COSTCO Novelties sometimes missing at SAMS. Same with OUT OF STOCK items - mostly when one is OUT OF STOCK other has it. I have a huge advantage - both the stores are just 3+ miles of each other which helps me save a lot. Basically COSTCO app is on at Sams and Sams App open at COSTCO while shopping. Another thing is, also have CAPITAL ONE WALMART REWARDS - with 6K and use both cards interchangeably at each other - Solid advantage !

Sep 24, 2021
Fraud department contact with every use

Every time we use this credit card, we get notified the next day that it has been fraudulently used and the company issues us a new card. While this has not cost us any money, every time a new card is issued, it generates a new account number, thus showing a new credit account and reset credit age on our credit report. We have even used the bank's phone app and "lock" and "unlock" this card with every use, which hasn't helped. We put this card away in a safe, knowing we would be splitting hairs with our credit between credit age issues and total credit available with this card, and it sat in the safe unused for a year, when we decided to use it once at Sam's club to keep it open, immediately paid off the balance, and low and behold, another call from the fraud department, another issued card, and a new account number. This card is not worth the hassle, credit impact, or having to deal with this bank's ridiculous customer service.

Sep 06, 2021
Frequently declines my purchases

I have a credit limit of $11,000. Account in good standing. The card half the time gets declined at merchant's. I called customer services. Said my card seems to be working fine. Can't explain why it works sometimes and not others. Late at night trying to fill gas. Card Declined. Called said to try a different pump. Tried my debit card at same pump. Went through no problems. Customer service rude! Talked to a supervisor, rude too. Then put me on hold for 15 minutes. Finally hung up. Do not recommend this card!!

Aug 04, 2021
DO NOT APPLY

Do not apply for this card, it only serves to devalue your credit. And the customer service is no good. Yes if you experience any changes in your credit limit it shows up as new credit. I have been a customer in great standing for years with no missed or late payments. My card was canceled after one auto pay rejected twice in the same week. I called them when I noticed the issue and they returned the fees and updated my account. 2 WHOLE MONTHS LATER they cancel my card for two missed payments in 12 months. IT WAS ONE AUTOPAY! But that's okay it is not a card I use often so GOOD RIDDANCE.

Aug 28, 2020
Sams Club Credit Card

My husband and I have been sams club members for years so we opened a mastercard with them. We had a 20k limit. Never had a late payment. Paid balance in full every month. I went to use it and got denied at Walmart. Called them and found out they had closed my account. They refused to give me a reason over the phone and said that we would receive a letter in the mail with an explanation. What a joke. We have perfect credit and this dropped our score a bit. I iwll never shop at sams or walmart again. Even if they have the last roll of toilet paper!

Jan 30, 2020
crap!

Thanks CK for your platform and thanks everyone for your feedback. Almost applied for this card. Do not want my excellent credit rating to take an unecessary hit.

Nov 18, 2019
Just as bad as Sam???s Club

Be where of when they upgrade you to the MasterCard it starts your account over as a new account with a new opening date. Looks like you went out and applied for new credit....And amazing thing when you Are in the process of buying a new house. Pretty sure they mean card services not customer service because that's not provided. Seems to be out of country Call center so always a language barrier if you speak English.