4.7
From cardholders in the last year

Mar 26 2019
Thank you Navy Fed!!!!
by A CreditKarma Member

Straight to the facts: I currently have a credit score range from 626 to 629. I have a total of 21 late payments across two credit card accounts. 1 reposession in June 2017 with a $9,998 balance. 0 collection accounts. All accounts current. Recently increased my score from 589 to 629 in under 2 months. Currently using 46% of my credit. 1 personal loan with $1237 balance. 1 charged off Capt One account woth $1500 balance. I applied for the go Rewards card today and was instantly approved for $20K. What more can I say? I dont plan on using this card other than small purchases and paying it off immediately every month. I set up an account with them 1 month ago with only $100 in it. I will not screw this up. Hooefully this will be a stepping stone to getting to my goal of a 750 credit score by the end of the year. Wish me luck!!

Oct 26 2014
bad credit card i have n-rewards
by A CreditKarma Member

I am 24 was young and dumb so I signed up 2 years ago for a secured n-rewards card. After 13 months they are able to review the account and offer an upgrade. I have managed my account well and no offer... As soon as I get a better credit card ill tell NFCU go fly a kite! USAA just refinanced my carr at 1.39%....

Additional Ratings

Aug 14 2019
Cashback Rewards Visa
by A CreditKarma Member

I have been getting several invitations to apply for this card, but knowing my credit score i thought i wouldn't get approved. I currently have 640 score with 3 collections totaling roughly $1250 and most of my credit cards maxed out with limits of only 1400. So last night i applied using the invitation code thinking i wouldn't get approved and just to see what the outcome would be. I only had 1 hard inquiry on my credit so 2 wouldn't hurt. This morning i checked my email with a congratulations headline saying i was approved for 15k. I couldn't and still cant believe it lol thank you navy federal you're the best!!

Aug 13 2019
by A CreditKarma Member

I?ve recently starting rebuilding my credit. 550 I started mid March 2019 got a secured card from OpenSky 200 credit limit. Two months later applied for capital one platinum 300 credit limit. My credit score was 610 when i got approved for capital one. By August my score went to 650 Tu 640 eq. I was told to open a bank account with a credit union. Got into navy federal by using my sister. Opened the account with 100 bucks 3 days later applied for their credit card. Go rewards! Got 1,100 instant approval. They?re awesome. I?ll check back in n about 3 months with a update?

Jul 28 2019
TRASH
by A CreditKarma Member

Generally speaking, the credit card customer service department that handles the or that makes the final decisions and/or reviews of the applications are FAR from being JUST, FAIR, and ACCURATE. I applied for this credit card with a perfect 700+ credit score and all accounts in good standing as well as ?zero? deragotory remarks, and yet I was only approved for an amount that a 15 year old can make by working one day at a fast food restaurant. I have accounts in larger institutions that have rigorous eligibility requirements and I?ve never had a problem with any of them, until I crossed paths with this credit union. I applied because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with people saying the benefits offered are better than your large or commonly known institutions with financing, APR, and annual fees. I was misled and disappointed, and definitely not worth the inquiry hit!?

May 20 2019
Navy Federal is the best!
by A CreditKarma Member

If you're a Navy Federal member, you're in luck! I applied for this card in December with a 726 TU and 689 EQ and got approved for $25,000. I applied today, less than six months later, for a Navy Federal CashRewards Mastercard and got approved...again for $25,000! Thanks Navy Federal for these awesome high credit limits. My EQ score is over 800 now and TU isn't far behind.

May 18 2019
WOW!!
by A CreditKarma Member

I applied with a 666TU/658EX/636EQ. They pulled my TU. I was approved for 25k CL! I have one collections account and current credit usage is 2%.?

May 18 2019
Let's see!
by A CreditKarma Member

Applied for the AMEX more rewards today with 666 TU score. I will update if approved.??

Apr 26 2019
Thankful
by A CreditKarma Member

Just opened my account with NFCU today, transferred my 401k to an IRA with them, I have been rebuilding my credit, and just took a chance, $1000 limit... Not much, less than my discover, but I am on the right track... I wish I would have know the importance of credit as a youth, but finally I am getting it together, thanks NFCU, now to work towards increases.? I treat all of my cards like an American Express to avoid interest, so I know it will increase soon. Excellent customer service when opening my account, creating an IRA account, an transfering to my ne IRA with NFCU, the help was appreciated.

Mar 26 2019
Thank you Navy Fed!!!!

Mar 22 2019
Great!
by A CreditKarma Member

I just applied with a 653 CS and was approved for $5,500. Fast and easy approval. My CS is work in progress.

Jan 31 2019
Amazing!
by A CreditKarma Member

I applied for the the cashback rewards card in Nov 2018 and was instantly approved for $25,000. I was shocked and thought I had double vision and saw to many zeros. My credit score at the time was around the 620's, nothing in collections, about $50000 in student loan debt but not showing as negative. Also a couple of older loans that are still showing as derogatory totaling about $5000. I also have a capital one card of $500 credit limit. My suggestion if u have collections is to pay off the newest, larger amount items first. I had a $206 medical bill on my account for 4 months and once I paid it off my score jumped 76 points, which put me at around the 620's for my credit score. NFCU has been wonderful to me so far, check out there auto buying program as well..it worked wonders for me and got me a great vehicle at a much lower APR than anyone else. Some banks would say as low as 13%, NFCU said 8%. Good luck!