4.8

Mar 26, 2019
Thank you Navy Fed!!!!

Straight to the facts: I currently have a credit score range from 626 to 629. I have a total of 21 late payments across two credit card accounts. 1 reposession in June 2017 with a $9,998 balance. 0 collection accounts. All accounts current. Recently increased my score from 589 to 629 in under 2 months. Currently using 46% of my credit. 1 personal loan with $1237 balance. 1 charged off Capt One account woth $1500 balance. I applied for the go Rewards card today and was instantly approved for $20K. What more can I say? I dont plan on using this card other than small purchases and paying it off immediately every month. I set up an account with them 1 month ago with only $100 in it. I will not screw this up. Hooefully this will be a stepping stone to getting to my goal of a 750 credit score by the end of the year. Wish me luck!!

Aug 27, 2018
NFCU lied about sign on bonus

The card is ok but they didn't honor the sign on bonus agreement. I don't like dealing with liars so I'm done with NFCU. My best advice is: don't expect anything from them and they'll never disappoint you.

Jul 03, 2021
Pretty happy with all NFCU products

I applied for a secured card a little less than 2 years ago. As of March it still hadn't graduated but my credit improved nearly 80 points since then so on a whim I applied for an unsecured card and was approved for 5.3k. A month later I applied for a refinance and was approved for my 30k car loan! My previous loan was from my bad credit days and I was paying 16.7% interest! NFCU offered my 5.2%. My secured still hasn't graduated yet but I'm sure it's because of the recent lines of credit/loans I just took out, so I'm holding the course. My utilization is around 12% with 9k credit across all of my cards. Hope it graduates soon but either way I've been so happy with my relationship with them.

Dec 09, 2019
A great opportunity!!!

I have been a member with NFCU for over 2 years now. I have been working on rebuilding my credit. Last Dec. I got a secured credit card and a secured loan with NFCU. The beginning of this process my scores were low 500s. I have 2 collection accounts. No late payments in over 2yrs on credit cards or loan. My secured card with NFCU hasnt graduated yet, but I found out that was due to a freeze I put on my credit report. My cc usage was around 48%. I received a promo for the Cash Rewards card and almost didnt bother applying since my secured card hadn't graduated yet. Luckily I followed my first mind and applied online and was instantly approved for $16,000. Current scores range from 625-641. My NFCU score is 322.

Aug 14, 2019
Cashback Rewards Visa

I have been getting several invitations to apply for this card, but knowing my credit score i thought i wouldn't get approved. I currently have 640 score with 3 collections totaling roughly $1250 and most of my credit cards maxed out with limits of only 1400. So last night i applied using the invitation code thinking i wouldn't get approved and just to see what the outcome would be. I only had 1 hard inquiry on my credit so 2 wouldn't hurt. This morning i checked my email with a congratulations headline saying i was approved for 15k. I couldn't and still cant believe it lol thank you navy federal you're the best!!

Aug 13, 2019

I?ve recently starting rebuilding my credit. 550 I started mid March 2019 got a secured card from OpenSky 200 credit limit. Two months later applied for capital one platinum 300 credit limit. My credit score was 610 when i got approved for capital one. By August my score went to 650 Tu 640 eq. I was told to open a bank account with a credit union. Got into navy federal by using my sister. Opened the account with 100 bucks 3 days later applied for their credit card. Go rewards! Got 1,100 instant approval. They?re awesome. I?ll check back in n about 3 months with a update?

Jul 28, 2019
TRASH

Generally speaking, the credit card customer service department that handles the or that makes the final decisions and/or reviews of the applications are FAR from being JUST, FAIR, and ACCURATE. I applied for this credit card with a perfect 700+ credit score and all accounts in good standing as well as ?zero? deragotory remarks, and yet I was only approved for an amount that a 15 year old can make by working one day at a fast food restaurant. I have accounts in larger institutions that have rigorous eligibility requirements and I?ve never had a problem with any of them, until I crossed paths with this credit union. I applied because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with people saying the benefits offered are better than your large or commonly known institutions with financing, APR, and annual fees. I was misled and disappointed, and definitely not worth the inquiry hit!?

May 20, 2019
Navy Federal is the best!

If you're a Navy Federal member, you're in luck! I applied for this card in December with a 726 TU and 689 EQ and got approved for $25,000. I applied today, less than six months later, for a Navy Federal CashRewards Mastercard and got approved...again for $25,000! Thanks Navy Federal for these awesome high credit limits. My EQ score is over 800 now and TU isn't far behind.

May 18, 2019
WOW!!

I applied with a 666TU/658EX/636EQ. They pulled my TU. I was approved for 25k CL! I have one collections account and current credit usage is 2%.?

May 18, 2019
Let's see!

Applied for the AMEX more rewards today with 666 TU score. I will update if approved.??

Apr 26, 2019
Thankful

Just opened my account with NFCU today, transferred my 401k to an IRA with them, I have been rebuilding my credit, and just took a chance, $1000 limit... Not much, less than my discover, but I am on the right track... I wish I would have know the importance of credit as a youth, but finally I am getting it together, thanks NFCU, now to work towards increases.? I treat all of my cards like an American Express to avoid interest, so I know it will increase soon. Excellent customer service when opening my account, creating an IRA account, an transfering to my ne IRA with NFCU, the help was appreciated.

Mar 26, 2019