Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Chase Military Star® Rewards MasterCard®

Feb 25, 2016
It Beggars the Imagination
Anonymous Cardholder

My husband seperated from the military and we closed the card and moved out of county. A few months later we find out that they received a request from someone (they couldn't tell us who) to reopen the card and gasoline was purchased in a country we don't live in anymore and haven't visited. When I called to explain that it was obviously a fradulent charge they suggested that my husband may have a woman in that country and I should make sure he didn't reopen the card for her.

A+ service.

Dec 08, 2015
Anonymous Cardholder

Indeed, there are some nice benefits with the card (especially on military installations) but I've found their customer service and program management to be vastly inferior to my other reward cards.

As of 2015, they've undergone some changes that have left my star card unuseble. So now I have to waste time on the phone to request for the newer version led card that should have been sent automatically.

I'm half tempted to close the account to make a point

Chase Military Star® Rewards MasterCard®