2.0

Nov 30 2020
Lowered my limit

I have had this card for about 5 years. I have a 800-820 credit score. Household income is 300k a year. Utilization is under 3%. They randomly lowered my limit from $6800 to $1500. I guess it is because I only used the card once. They never sent me a physical card, and I tried to have them look me up at the store, but they couldn’t.

Oct 30 2020
Useful if emergency

I have had a Lowe's card for over 5 years. In this 5 years they have lowered my limit 3 times and when I call they need to "re-run" my credit in order to increase it. They do, I take the hit, they put it back where it is. The worst part about the card is just that. Otherwise its useful in case of emergency.

Sep 06 2020
Lowes Synchrony bank - Not Good

I read reviews that they will randomly lower your credit limit. I checked and realized that they had indeed lower my available. So it was like they used reasons like debt ratio my high balances and they determined that they should lower my available balance. Which actually just increased my debt ratio and utilization ratio. So it’s kind of like you get in an apartment and your landlord Checks around and finds out that you’re having a little hard time making your payment even though you’re making it on time, so he decides to raise your rent. It is in complete contrast to the evaluation concept and damages the person’s score more. It is an irony that they would do this. Is synchrony bank punishing you for using your card but paying your bill pretty well on time, very strange. Just very disappointing too. You’re better off going with like a Citi simplicity card or a Chase card and just charging that at Lowe’s- then actually applying for Lowe’s credit and being punished for using the credit line they give you.

Jun 14 2020
The worst customer service ever!

This company has the WORST customer service that I have ever experienced in my life. I am very much on top of my credit and have mainly made promotional purchases so that I do not have to pay the exceptionally high interest rate. Well my husband and I decided to do a master bathroom renovation chose to use the 84 month equal payment option. I called customer service to verify that the minimum payment would be applied to the 84 month payment and that the remaining balance of my payment would be applied to the 6 month no interest promotional purchases in the order of expiration. Unfortunately, even with patience and using a very low vocabulary level, the customer service agents can't get it right. They have applied $500 instead of $48 to the 84 month option and then charged me interest on the promotional purchase that was to expire. It took several calls to get that corrected. The last straw was when I decided I didn't want to pay the interest on the 84 month promotional purchase so I made a $3000 payment and specifically told the agent that I wanted to pay off the $2300 on that purchase and then pay off the other promotional purchases in the order of expiration first. I had one expiring in Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb. Once again, failure to do as I had instructed. Instead, the purchases that didn't have interest were paid off and the 84 month purchase was left lingering. Then I call and ask for a supervisor and can't get one on the phone. This is ridiculous and truly unprofessional. I know I have spent at least a minimum of 7 hours on the phone customer service since March. Just absolutely ridiculous. I knew I should have signed up with home depot. I will not be utilizing this card again. Too much of a hassle

Jan 03 2020
Short term benefits only.

This card is great if you intend to pay it off monthly, or intend to use promotional 0% interest rates. Otherwise there are little to no rewards. When I signed up for this card they automatically enrolled me in autopay, which is impossible to set limits from the website. Long story short, my six month of interest free purchase was paid in full at the first billing cycle due to the idiosyncrasies of their payment system. Customer service more or less told me too bad, so I in turn closed the card. Avoid Synchrony at all costs!

Dec 09 2019
Pain in the ***

Horrible customer service couldnt help me get payments set up through my bank account so i messed up a couple of times and they closed my account even though i never missed a payment and account was always in good standing

Oct 31 2019

I applied when I needed a new washer ASAP but buying outright was not an immediate option. The application process was easy and my new washer was delivered promptly. After a couple months of regular payment & chipping away at the balance by about 30%, imagine my shock when the limit was lowered to the current balance. They gave the reason that I had Opened other credit cards in the interim... well... YES I did. It was a regular credit card that I could use anywhere and get points to fly with. It's not like I opened 3 more retail cards. I'm annoyed. These other experiences are discouraging. I'll likely pay off the balance and not use it much, just because closing it looks bad. It also looks like I've maxed out the card because of them abruptly lowering my limit. Thumbs down for this one. There's got to be another way if you're in the same situation I was.?

Oct 23 2019
Shady Practices

Purchased a house and needed supplies. Credit score was 750 at the time.? Applied for the Lowe's card and received a $300 limit. Made the first "minimum payment" (which was more than required), then paid off the balance the following week. Went to? Lowe's to purchase myself a lawn mower. Got to the counter and the card was declined. Get on the phone with Synchrony Bank rep (who was EXTREMELY RUDE) to inquire about the card being declined. She said: "Because you paid off the balance and this is a new account, we lock the card for 6 days, and you are unable to use it." So I say:? "You mean to tell me that because I paid off the balance, I am being prohibited from using the card with a zero balance?? This defeats the entire purpose of having the card." She replies: Yes, but this is a new account. I say: Well okay, but that still doesn't make sense. Why? She says: Because you paid of the balance so quickly, it triggered a fraud alert on your account. (Now nevermind that the first minimum payment came from the exact bank and personal account). So I say: I could see if maybe the balance was charged on the card and that might trigger a fraud alert, but paying off the balance triggers fraud? That's ridiculous and I"ve never heard of such a thing. She gets snide and says -"Well, if you want, you can apply for a credit line increase" I say: No thanks. I'll be cancelling this card and closing out the account. ? Went directly to Lowe's and purchased my lawn mower with my Captiol One card. ?

Oct 14 2019
Had the card never missed a payment

Closed my account never missed a payment

Oct 01 2019
Stay away from this card

I've had this card for over 10 years , have a 780 credit score for no reason they drop my limit from 7500 to 1500 ,which ****es me off cause that affects my utilization, I will no longer shop at there store! Crappy company