2.2

Feb 01, 2015
It is a typical store card.

I am rebuilding my credit. I am used to denials and try to roll with it. The sales woman talked me into applying. I had a CK score of abou 570. I received a credit limit of $300. I have had this card for over six months now. I do not carry a balance if I can help it. (If you buy on line you have to wait for the product to be shipped before you can pay off the purchase.) For the most part my utilization is at zero percent. My CK score has jumped in the last six months to about 624. I was turned down by a regularly MC for not having enough credit cards so my hope is keeping this open will continue to show good utilzation of credit. I don't seem to have as much as hatred towards the card as other reviewers. It has a high interest rate like most store cards. I will keep it open as it is part of my journey to credit. It is serviced by Comenity Bank now.

Feb 12, 2021
Worst Company Ever

I had this card for a year. I was never late and I never missed a payment. They shut down my card without warning and told me they don't know why. I waited 6 month then recontacted them. Now I was told my account with shut down due to inactivity. They are absolutely terrible. Never again!

May 25, 2022
Closed

I've had my Lane Bryant credit card since 2019 and received a few increases. I have not used my card since 10/21 because I didn't need anything. Out of no where they closed my account for none use. I'm sorry I didn't max out my card or shopped every single month. I SHOP AS I NEED SOMETHING. Avoid this card and shop elsewhere. Better places out there.

Aug 04, 2021
Account closed for no reason

I had this card and kept it in perfect standing with a $0 balance. It seems like this happened to a lot of people. If people aren’t accruing interest on the card then the company closes the account. I’ve seen a few of their stores go down since COVID so maybe they’re trying to close all locations but take care of debt first.

Feb 12, 2021
Worst Company Ever

Jun 22, 2020
Closed with no warning

I'd used the card in the last 6 months and it was fully paid off. I went to use the card again, but it was declined. Tried to log into the credit card management site but it said I had no account anymore. For whatever reason my account was closed with no warning which dinged my credit score.

May 26, 2020
The card isn't worth it!

I went to use my Lane Bryant Card (which had a $0 balance) online for a sale purchase and it was declined. I called Lane Bryant and the automated phone system told me my account was closed and hung up on me. I had to call COMENITY Bank directly to get any answer's and was told my account had be closed due to inactivity. They never sent any notification that the account would be closed. This was really annoying and the comment from COMENITY Bank's customer service was that I could re-apply to get a new card. No thanks, not taking a second hit on my credit report after you closed my account.

Sep 23, 2019
Waste of Time

I had this card for close to 2 years. I always kept my balance at a zero. I would use the card but pay it off within 2 weeks. I received a letter today saying that they lowered my available to $100 and closed my account due to no activity. I used this card last month and paid it off that same week. I guess if they do not make any interest off of you they go ahead and close it. Guess they lost a loyal customer.

Aug 23, 2019
They are running a scam

They added "fees" after I had paid the balance due. Then charged me a late fee because I wasn't aware of the additional charges. I never received a statement and since I haven't used it since I paid it off, I wasn't expecting there to be any amount due.

Jul 18, 2019
FULL OF CRAP

Tried to find out why they keep lowering my limit because it causes my credit score to go down and they can't give me a straight answer. All they do is repeat the same thing to me each time I ask, when I asked for PROOF of my credit score going drastically lower they can't give me any proof. As soon as I get this paid off I am canceling it and I will NEVER step foot in another store again, and I will stand out side their stores telling anyone that will listen about their practices before they apply for a card. LBSUCKS

Dec 15, 2018
Do NOT get this card.

need to start by saying, I do not EVER make late payments. I'm two months ahead on all my bills. So imagine my surprise when I received a call saying I was severely delinquent on my account. I told them this was impossible and they said I had paid a day late so they charged a $24 fee. Three months later when I received THE FIRST ATTEMPT AT CONTACT, I was told that the late fees on the late fees were upwards of $270. WHAT?! I not only had paid on time but I even asked the girl if I was all caught up to date and she said "yes, you paid on time so there won't be any late fees." When I told the customer service rep this, she admitted that the original girl was wrong and said regardless of this fact, if I didn't pay, they were going to send me to collections and ruin my credit. So to sum it up, I paid on time and was told I was on time and wouldn't get late fees. They charged me a late fee on a zero balance account and then charged late fees on top of late fees and made no attempt to contact me about this. Then essentially blackmailed me to pay or damage my credit even further. Oh, and right after I lodged a complaint, they dropped my credit limit by half

Dec 12, 2018
Local Customers Need Not Apply

I have been a loyal customer of theirs for nearly 2 decades. My credit card had a charge amount of close to $1K that had a zero balance. I went into thestore to make a purchase of $120 and was declined. Utterly embarrassed with a long line of customers behind me, I was informed my credit limit was now $100. I had not been notified. I made my purchase in July 2018 and within 2 months had paid off that balance. Fast forward to December 2018, and I find out through Credit Karma that my card was now closed. So not only was I a loyal customer and paid my account balances but they have added insult to injury by hurting my credit and closing my account instead of allowing me to close it on my own. Way to make your customers feel appreciated Lane Bryant and Comenity, I will never shop with them again.