3.2

Jun 22, 2017
Awesome opening credit line!

So my boyfriend and I went window shopping for an engagement ring because we started talking about marriage and figured I'd point out some rings so he would know what I want when the time comes. First we had gone to Zale's and I pointed out a few rings to him that caught my eye so I figured I'd apply for their card and see what I was approved for. Only 2500, which would make my utilization 100% with the engagement ring I wanted. Told the lady there we would think about it, and then we went over to Kay's and I fell IN LOVE with a $4100 ring, and so the lady asked if we wanted to do a credit app and I was hesitant but she told us she could get a higher credit limit then what I had for Zale's. What do you know she comes back and I got approved for $8100! I was so excited! We ended up buying the ring under a low apr for 36 months with low minimum payments of 130 each month. I'm so excited about my new ring and new card, thank you Kay! My transunion score is 671 and my experian is 688, with a fico of 690. My utilization for my credit cards are around 20% overall and I have 13,400 in available credit before those 2 cards. I only have credit cards and one installment loan, but I have a ton of inquiries from when I just turned 18 and went crazy with applying. But obviously Kay's was kind enough to approve me for such a high credit line! Awesome card!

May 30, 2018
I don't like it.

I applied for the card in the store and I was able to use it right away with no problem. Maybe it's just my account but now I can't make purchases. By the time I received my physical card which was about a week later I decided to make another purchase online. Every time I would try to place the order it would say my card isn't authorized. Called customer service and they said everything looked fine on their end and didn't know why I couldn't make the purchase. I will pay off what I need to pay and I will not try to use this card again. Zales is better. With better benefits.

Sep 07, 2021
Waste of time

They closed my account after only 4 months. I made one purchase of 515 on a credit limit of 3000. Made all 3 payments on time and I guess I wasn't doing enough business for them. Waste of time. They want customers to pay off there card every month and buy more

Feb 05, 2021
HORRIBLE...

They're adding high interest!!!

Jun 14, 2020
Absolute joke

Do NOT waste your time! My account was closed with no warning at all and they don’t even take payments AFTER setting up a payment plan. You pay once on a plan and then it stops despite you agreeing to doing automatic payments. You pay ONE day late and they’re sending you mail and calling you a million times a day like you’re a wanted fugitive. This is seriously the worst. Never again.

Feb 24, 2020
FOH!

I am BEYOND ****ed! Why is it that for almost a YEAR my limit is $1000 but the second I make a $500 purchase you guys drop my limit to $600!?!? Making it APPEAR that Im **** near maxing out my credit!!! Causing a bad reflection on my credit!!!! Why would you all do that? My bill wasnt past due or even due at all, at the time!!! I just happened to be checking my credit and saw that the limit was $600!! This is ridiculous! So did you drop it to make sure I was gonna pay it orrrr??? I literally made the purchase in January! Payment wasnt due until THIS month.... how is this okay??

Feb 10, 2020

Terrible company. Scam beware! I was told if I paid off my card within a year window and never missed a payment i would never get charged more. Lies... Nasty customer service that lack common sense.

Oct 09, 2019
Scam

I paid my balance in full. Month after month I keep getting interest charges. I called to get it straightened out, paid the interest charge, and the customer service guy said there would be no more charges. Well, another month, another charge. Stay away from this credit card.

Aug 27, 2019
So far so good

Make sure you pay attention to your balance and you should be just fine. Commenity Bank is who mine is through.

Jun 14, 2019
Beware

Beware they will double charge you every month and give excuses to not to refund payment. Walk far away from Kay's Jewelry.

Jun 11, 2019
Would NOT recommend

I have had an acct with them for over 3 years and it is honestly the most inconvenient and childish credit establishment I have had the displeasure of dealing with. First of all, they will not let you set up autopay for more than 6 months then you have to renew the autopay. YOU CAN NOT SET UP AUTO PAY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS!!! I didnt know this until after i get a credit alert saying I have negative remarks added for being 30 days late. I called up and asked how was this possible with autopay and he stated that when I set it up with the customer service member on the phone it can only be auto pay for 6 months. Never using them again.

May 26, 2019
Be sure to review your account!!

Long Story Short, Kay's Jewelers (Comenity Bank) claimed they needed my address because they were receiving mail back as undelivered. I verified that my address was indeed correct - the same address that I have on a few other Comenity Bank cards. Two months go by and I notice my Experian credit score dropped by 40 points due to a deliquent account of over 30 days. Behold it is Kay's Jewelers reporting that I am over 30 days late and the account is showing Negative on my credit report. I made an immediate payment and contacted their customer service through their message system. They issued a late fee reversal for the 2nd payment that "I missed." As I investigated "my error" further, I noticed that the last statement their system actually generated was 3 months ago. I immediately file an online dispute with Equifax and Transunion. (Experian's online system NEVER worked in 3 weeks.) I sent another email to Kays explaining what I discovered with screen shots and all. So, the next Kay's statement closes. My Experian credit scoure jumps 40 points. I check my credit report and Kay's Jewelers is now showing all on time payments. My Kay's Jewelers account - online - shows a 3 month gap between statements. Equifax and Transunion reports were also "corrected." No harm - No fout - although it took a little bit of vigilance. Periodically reviewing my credit score has its payoff.