16 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 16Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

This is a great card to have if you love shopping on HSN.  It does carry a hefty interest rate of 26.99%.  The gave me a starting limit of $750.  Just requested an increase in October 2010. Got approved for a new limit of $1,050.  I was approved for this card with a credit score of 680.  My suggestion is buy a a few things at a time and pay it off before the interest gets to be out of hand.  Keep in mind on any credit card you are approved for try to never go over using 35% of  the available credit.  For example if your approved for $1000 limit only utilize $350. This keeps your credit score up and reduces the risk of your limit possibly being lowered and ending up in a maxed out status.

psychicmike's review was:

Dec 01, 2010 Reply

psychicmike(27, 248)

Top Contributor

Review by psychicmike

Top Contributor

I am with you! I have had this card for 10 months, $750 starting cl with credit scores in the mid 6's and a thin credit history (no late payments but low limits and secured credit card on my cr-- building credit) I shop there on occasion- a lot last Christmas- and pay atleast triple my minimum payment. Have never had any issues wiht this card. They even do promo's that give credits to your acount- and yes those do post. I have had 2 occasions where I have returned an item- wrong size and once just did not like it inperson----no problems and within 1 billing cycle (as stated it) but usually sooner it  has been credited to my account. I would recommend this card. Decent starting limit, easy approval even with thin credit history and a good builder. I know that retail accounts don't carry much weight on your cr but the on time payment history does  show and hsn is very good about reporting. Bonus that the vip financing allows you to go beyong your cl for major purchases; not sure if there is a limit to this but I know it has allowed me to. One of the things I like is that the major purchase items very often have better replacement coverage options than major places like best buy- even covering drops, spills,submersion, etc.. Have just applied for a cli---I don't recall seeing the button on my account page until recently. We will see. Either way I am happy with this card and will keep it.

liandur's reply was:

Jun 28, 2012

liandur(1, 2)

Review by liandur

was the 680 a credit karma 680? or other ?

benpatton7's reply was:

Nov 29, 2011

benpatton7(4, 0)

Review by benpatton7

Love it! Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I've had this card for several years.  I use it all the time.  I have never had any bad experiences,  the customer service has always been great!   My limit has been increased twice, sure the APR is extremely high but it comes in handy.

Sep 22, 2013 Reply
HSN credit card Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

I ordered from HSN and was going to use my Discover card and they offered me their card.I had a 2010 BK and a $300 Discover card.I have had problems with ALL major banks and got $750 from HSN.So far So good..

Oct 01, 2012 Reply

Great card to use if you take advantage of the VIP payment with no interest as long as you pay  in full by specified time. Have bought two big purchases and no interest!  Key is to use responsibly.

Strokeman's review was:

Oct 02, 2011 Reply

Strokeman(2, 1)

Review by Strokeman

After I had put an alert on my Credit Report to NOT give credit without calling me first, I found out t here was a Credit Card opened in my name.  I did not authorize this nor did I order or receive anything.  I found this out while trying to get a mortgage.  After contacting them, I started  getting bills at my address.  I wrote to Consumer Affairs, went to the Credit Bureau etc.  I wouldn't buy anything from these people!  Less than one star.

darlene1943's review was:

Feb 09, 2012 Reply

darlene1943(2, 1)

Review by darlene1943

I have had trouble.  They are holding payments and charging late payments.  I got smart and sent the payments with confirmations.

Mar 05, 2012 Reply

This bank finds a way to charge you a fee, if you pay the full balance monthly.  It happened to me,

stargal's review was:

Mar 05, 2012 Reply

stargal(1, 0)

Review by stargal

My message disappeared so I guess I  will have to re-write this .  Last year I ordered a set of ruby jewely and when I got it I realized it was too gaudy to wear to my wedding so I returned them.  THEY HAVE NEVER COME OFF MY ACCOUNT.  I refuse to pay for them.  I would appreciate someone contacing these people because nothing I do works.  I have called at least 10 times.  They sayt hey received the items back in December and the charges should have come off my account.  It is now July, and they are STILL on my account and I REFUSE to pay for them since I don't have them.  Can you understand this?  My balance should be zero.  PLEASE HELP ME.  THEY ARE ALSO THREATENING TO TURN MY ACCOUNT OVER TO THE CREDIT REPORT PEOPLE..

Jul 04, 2011 Reply

I sympathize with you. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that bills you dispute because they are not yours still kill your credit and still go to collectiobs. i have decided to pay my smaller disputed bills to at least show my collections paid. The nearly thousand dollar ATT bill I see on my report of which I have no knowledge I plan to consult Lexington Law Group about. (ATT would not reply with any explanations about this outrageous bill even though there were disputed addresses and phone numbers on my credit report that the credit agencies deleted upon dispute), Good luck to you.

dawna2857's reply was:

Dec 23, 2011

dawna2857(2, 0)

Review by dawna2857

rip off Helpful to 1 out of 3 people

if any one receives an offer for hsn card don;t take the offer this is one big time rip off i repeat big time rip off

Oct 16, 2012 Reply
High APR Helpful to 0 out of 1 people

People with bad credit gets lower APR with other cards.

Feb 01, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 16Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of HSN Credit Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (16)

The HSN Credit Card, operated by World Financial Capital Bank (WFCB), is provided for HSN customers. Cardholder benefits may include exclusive discounts and offers, shipping and handling offers, and special financing promotions. HSN Credit Card also offers online account management, with online access to features for bill pay, paperless statements, view and print past statements, up-to-date account activity and information, add authorized users, and request a credit limit increase.

HSN, also known as the Home Shopping Network, is a $3 billion interactive multichannel retailer that offers an assortment of products and top brands through direct-to-consumer sale via two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSN offers its products on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick n mortar stores. On HSN channel and hsn.com, customers can shop for everything from health and beauty, jewelry, home and lifestyle, fashion and accessories, and electronics. HSN reports it reaches approximately 95 million homes.