94 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 94Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 10   Previous | Next

I was approved for this card in January 2010 with a starting limit of $330.  Then in April 2010 they increased it to $430.  They do give credit limit increases quite often.  The product prices are about 20% higher than most stores online. This is due to the low monthly payments they offer. It carries an interest rate of 24.90% on purchases. The key to buying products from this company is it is affordable if you buy just one or two items and pay on them. They constantly send you catalogs and emails with promotions and discounts.  I swear I get a catalog in the mail about once a week and about  1 email daily. They heavily over market their catalogs to get you to buy more than one item at a time and max out your limit fast. So Be Aware. Make only a few purchases and pay them off first before buying more.

psychicmike's review was:

Dec 01, 2010 Reply

psychicmike(27, 247)

Review by psychicmike

NO CREDIT Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

so i came home from work today and my mom said that she heard about the site and got approved for 180 with 30 dollars down. so iw as thinking ok thats cause she has bad credit which is better than no credit (so ive heard)  well so i figured id give it a shot (i mean whats another hit on non existing credit lol) and i got an instant approval of 250 with no down payment so i placed an order for like 60 and itll b here next week... so im really excited to see how this helps my credit

Oct 16, 2012 Reply
Approved $600 limit! Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I'm working really hard on rebuilding my credit for the past year. I got a catalog in the mail stating I was pre approved for $400. It had some cute stuff and I got online to learn more about how they report and all.  I wanted another good account on my report so I went online and they bumped it to $600 limit. Yes, interest is high  and prices are about $30 bucks more than where you pay elsewhere. But I personally rather pay the extra instead of fees to other secure card banks...at least I get to look at my fees! :)

irisherin81's review was:

Mar 10, 2013 Reply

irisherin81(3, 7)

Review by irisherin81

Excellent for rebuilding credit! Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I was initially approved for $250 w/zero down back in June 2012. I made a payment on the order before I received my statement (I had no idea when the due date was and didn't want to be late) and after my 2nd payment they increased my credit to $350. On my 3rd payment I increased the payment amount by $10 and a month later it went up to $500. Here is the catch, I never keep my balance more than $350 so that my minimum payment due stays under $30 but I pay $5-10 extra on my payments & my payments post 5 days before due date. Now my credit line is $950! I have horrible credit from Chap 7 BK and student loans that were seriously deliquent. The trick to working with Fingerhut is NOT spending all they give you. The prices are higher and interest is tagged on like most credit accounts but if you appreciate the little they give you it pays off later and yes they are reporting to the credit bureau's everytime my payment is made :)

trufflesandtoffee's review was:

Feb 17, 2013 Reply

trufflesandtoffee(1, 6)

Review by trufflesandtoffee

Fingerhut is great! I applied in 2011 with cs of 557..got approved $100 cl.

ordered a few products..paid them off..cl increase to $300.. then at christmas last year used most of the 300 cl..then just the other day 3/20/12 got increase to $1000 climit.

Overall their merchandise is good..yes you pay more if you dont pay much a month..but if you pay more the minunum, they will increase your limit..gradually..

I am repairing ,my credit..its now 580! after a 2 judgements on report., Also just got approved for a nice car ! the loan is high ouch 19.98%, but I got  really nice car now..

You can rebuild your credit..just pay more then the minunum! Fingerhut is a great way to start.

Mar 22, 2012 Reply

how long did it take you to receive your card in the mail i was approved for 500 with no money down.

duekev's reply was:

Jan 09, 2013

duekev(6, 1)

Review by duekev

Good Starter Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

Excellent card to establish credit if you do not have any at all, or are in need of a tradeline to rebuild.

However, if you already have a tradeline started, you are probably better of to just give those time as better options will be avaialable to you once you get 6months to a year of good history.

This card does grow well with you though. Mine started off with a $250 balance and the only credit account I had at the time.  I used it 2 or 3 times over the course of 6 months.

By the time the account was 14 month old it now has a $1150 credit limit, though I do not use it anymore.

The bad thing about FH are the inflated prices.  But, as mentioned, if you have no tradelines they are a excellent place to start. Buy a couple small things and pay it of in a timely manner.

You will out grow it quick though.

Im giving it 5 stars as they really did help get my Credit History started and on the right path. Other than the higher prices, theres really nothing bad to say about them. Just know that going in, and thats its just a short term thing to deal with and you'll be fine.

CenturyChild's review was:

Jan 24, 2014 Reply

CenturyChild(1, 5)

Review by CenturyChild

Improved my credit Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I opened a Fresh Start account with FH, started with a 150 limit, paid it off, now I am up to 800.00.

It has increased my credit score, and now I have been approved for a Amazon and Walmart Credit Card..

Just do what the program says. Pay it on time, and pay more than the minimum payment.

kirk0002's review was:

Nov 13, 2013 Reply

kirk0002(1, 4)

Review by kirk0002

Did you pay it off early or did you do the 5 payment plan or whatever it is?

I have a few payments left, but my balance is so low (under $20) that I can pay it off early, but I don't want to do that if I won't get approved for a credit line.

ZB1224's reply was:

Dec 09, 2013

ZB1224(1, 0)

Review by ZB1224

Great to boost your credit score Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

This card is another tool that you can use to boost your credit score. Got approved for $500. They report to Trans Union and Experian. Low monthly payments.  Pay more every month and they will increase your credit line.  Almost everyone is approve and they actually have good things.

Tommitomio's review was:

Feb 02, 2013 Reply

Tommitomio(19, 83)

Review by Tommitomio

Fingerhut Changed Account Numbers Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I got a credit account with fingerhut about 2 months ago to help raise my credit score. All has been good so far, until the company changed everyones account number. This shows up on transunion as a new credit account and my old one as a reduction to 0 in my credit line. At the same time my credit score goes down 16 points! I have been working so hard to get score up and fingerhut has made my score go down. It shows right here on credit karma. Does anyone else with fingerhut account notice this?

rotondacat's review was:

Apr 02, 2014 Reply

rotondacat(2, 3)

Review by rotondacat

One other thing comes to mind on this....My reply was based on the assumption your original account was a credit card account (revolving credit).

If your fingerhut account was what they refer to as their "fresh start" program, I believe the account is technically an installment loan.  If during the process they converted it to their "credit card", then yes this will affect your score by closing the installment loan, as well as opening the new revolving account.

I'm not sure if it actually works that way, but in theory I suppose it could.  Also, if that is the case, you should get most of those points back within a month or so.

Hope this helps.

Top Contributor

Mine shows the same.  The old acct number shows a decrease in CL to zero, the new acct number shows an increase from zero or N/A to the old acct's CL.  Also, if you check the date opened on the "new" acct, it reflects the date you opened your fingerhut acct.

I've had other accounts which have done this in the past, so I was a bit confused at first.

The bottom line, this type of change or update does not effect your total number of accounts, average age of accounts, or credit limit/utilization.

You should look at all the areas of your report card, something else has changed and caused the drop.  I submit to you it was not the fingerhut acct.

Top Contributor

My account shows right here on credit karma from transunion information that i opened a new account  and an old account reduced my credit line to zero. It shows the total number of account increased.  It actually states that i opened an new account, not recognizing the accounts were the same. I took a 16 point dive. Nothing else changed.

rotondacat's reply was:

rotondacat(2, 3)

Review by rotondacat

My fingerhut acct updated the same way, due to the same reason, but there is no change in credit score from it, nor should it have changed anyone's.

If you check the acct age, it should still show the date you opened it.  Mine reflects the acct has been open since Sep 2013, which is correct.  This does not change your AAoA, nor does it change your total number of acct's.

Check your other report card areas, something else dropped your score

Apr 03, 2014

Credit increase Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I receive a credit increase about once every 3 months or so. I started real small like 300 and now I have $1500. Just do what it tells you to and you will get up there in no time.

May 20, 2013 Reply
Results 1-10 of 94Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 10   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Fingerhut® Credit Account

Cardholder Rating Distribution (94)

Fingerhut® Credit Card, issued by WebBank, is a credit account for Fingerhut® customers. Fingerhut® Credit Card can be applied for online with a decision in as little as 5 seconds. Also, Fingerhut® reports to multiple credit bureaus in order to track cardholders' credit history and potentially build credit. Fingerhut® Credit Card site also features Credit Education resources, such as games, articles, and tips to teach cardholders how to manage and maintain good credit. Established in 1948, Fingerhut® is a nationwide direct retailer, servicing customers with a wide selection of products through online and mail-in orders. Fingerhut® also provides credit options and low monthly payments with a WebBank/Fingerhut® Credit Account to make buying more affordable for shoppers. With the motto, “Now You Can”, Fingerhut® helps make shopping possible for more consumers.

Fingerhut® Credit Account