3.7

All reviews

Apr 13 2021
Great Shopping Card, A Store With Great Selection

First off, this is the only credit card I own. I do not pay interest because I always pay it off in store right away when I use it. I use it for the perks. During additional sales, cardholders get an additional 30-50% off already marked down goods on the first day. Who doesn’t want first pick at great merchandise at even better prices? I like to buy inexpensive, not cheap merchandise. After $2,000 spent during the year, you will get the elite card which earns double points during certain times, get invitations to VIP events, and get free shipping/gift wrap on online purchases. You receive a 10% shopping pass in your first statement if you spend $100 the first day you open up the card to use on your next visit. They do expire after a couple of months, however, the pass is applied to any current promotions happening (sales) and the 10% is applied to the sale price! It seems that since opening up a new account I am more informed via email when new promotions are happening in addition to seeing brands/styles similar to what I’m already interested in.

Oct 30 2019
NO ADVANTAGES IN HAVING THIS CARD!

This card requires a fairly decent credit score to obtain. The interest rate is high, as is typical with store cards. It offers no perks. There is no 5% off for purchases made with the card. There are no extended terms with zero percent interest or reduced interest for larger purchases. The ONLY perk is a 10% off coupon to use when you accumulate 1500 points... and that means spending a LOT of money. If you're going to have to pay your bill in full each month, you'd be better off to just use a regular rewards card.

Dec 21 2016
High interest, low rewards

Please get a Discover card instead. I got laid off and Dillard's was flat out cold. Discover sent me a $100 gift card as a thank you for being a customer on top of one year interest free.

May 24 2016
High Limit, Good Perks for Regulars

I'm a student and got approved for a $2,300 limit, $400 of that being a cash advance, with a 630 credit score. Even I was shocked! I have tons of inquiries and a high utilization ratio right now. I've only had thw card for a month but the rewards are good if you shop at Dillards regularly. (I don't.) The best part is, since it's an American Express, you can use it literally anywhere! The only grievance I have is that you can't apply online: you have to go to the store, and it doesn't have an app to track my balance, but you can track balances on the website. You also can't use the card until you get it, which is odd for store cards.

Jan 31 2016
A decent co-branded Amex card!

The Dillard's American Express card can be rather useful. Particularly if one manages to reach the "Elite" stage by shopping frequently enough to have spent the required threshold for the aforementioned status. The perks are competetive, both within and without Dillard's in todays plastic driven culture. And since there is no annual fee, it can be a fair alternative to actually not having to pay AMEX for one of their own fee based cards. However, the APR on the other hand is nothing to write home about. But all in all if used sensibly, it can be a handy, utilitarian option.

Dec 16 2015
Application Error

I have TRIED to apply for the credit card but, the application keeps telling me my ZIPCODE is WRONG. I KNOW my dang zipcode! I guess I have to call. This is making me wonder right off if I should get the thing after all. Hmmm.

Oct 20 2015
Great card for the Dillard's shopper

I have this card and it is great. Customer service has been excellent recently and perks are very nice. I mainly shop their sales and am frequently receiving 10% off all-day shopping passes that have NO RESTRICTIONS. I love saving money on make-up and pricey shoes, and it's nice to "double dip" on additional percentage off sale days. Preview days for cardholders are ALWAYS awesome. By the way, bill pay is quite a lot easier than other major retailers that I have cards with.

Jan 17 2015
Never received a credit limit increase

I have had this card since April '14 and have yet to receive any kind of credit limit increase. I have never been late on a payment and the card was recently paid off. All of my other cards( aside from my capital ones) give me cli every 4 months. I applied for wal mart and received a cli within just a month. Does anyone know of why this may be? Is there a way to request a cli?

Dec 28 2014
Denied and still no letter

So i applied for this card early in december and its almost a month and stll no letter to explain. Everytime I call customer service is not helpful and they just keep stressing the letter I dont have. The one explaination i received was very vauge. i have to say that this is the only company that i havent been able to get clear info.

Dec 20 2014
DENIED

I should have know wells fargo denied me due to an issue with Bank of America even though it was paid and i had proof... I got approved for MACYS instead. Customer service wasnt very nice.