4.6

Aug 23, 2013
Approved with Only Fair Credit

Don't be discouraged if your credit score, history isn't excellent, or you don't have other high limits. I have a 690 TU Fico and a 680 Equifax FICO, 700 on Credit Karma and they listed my chance of this card as "Poor". Also, I have 27 lates in my history, including a 90 in 2007, and a 60 in 2009 on my car loan. Only two of those 30 day lates are in the last 2.5 years though, and none in 2013. To top it off, I had no high limits on my cards. I had 2 Chase Cards with $250 & $300 limits, a BOA with $500, Capital 1 with $300, and Cap 1 turned me down for a Credit Limit Increase. Well, I went on Chase site and used their pre-qual tool, and Freedom came up, I applied and was approved for $5,000. Next day, I decided I wanted to pair with Sapphire Preferred. I thought for sure declined, but was approved for $6,000. Only telling you because it is nice to know Chase looks at other factors besides raw score and history, and if you have a similar profile to mine, don't be discouraged from applying. In my case I had $75K income, up a lot from prior years due to promotion, had paid all my cards down to zero so low Utilization, and had 2 credit cards, a checking, and a savings with Chase for years. I believe it was my combo of good debt to income & prior relationship with Chase that allowed me to be approved despite having a relatively low score. So, don't be discouraged if Credit Karma tells you "poor". And use Chase Pre-Qual, someone had told me if an offer pops up for you, there's a very good chance of approval.

May 14, 2019
Be careful! Rewards is with Third Party.

According to a Chase representative, Chase Travel is handled by a third party. "Chase Travel is not really Chase" - Chase representative. They do not accept and correct their mistakes, instead they push the responsibility onto others. I lost over $2000 because of Chase. I booked 2 round-trip tickets through Chase Travel. There were issues with my flight, so I called Chase Travel for a solution. The representative offered and cancelled my entire flight and said that I have airline credit for those 2 tickets. Chase Travel sent me a "Cancelled Flight Credit Voucher" containing my airline credit amount, confirmation code, and itinerary number. However, when I tried to book, I could not use those credits. From then on, I spent 5 additional days in another country and over 200USD worth in phone bills from calling Chase. The following are the outcomes/responses/actions that occurred during those 20+ hours of phone calls: Chase would tell me that my airline credit is with the airline, therefore I need to book directly through the airline. I called to book with the airline, but they told me that they had no record of my credit and that these credits should be handled by the third party (Chase Travel). I called Chase back, Chase calls the airline, and the result is that my credit wasn't approved (?) even though I received an official email voucher. I tell Chase it was their decision to cancel my flight (my party asked for the best solution to the missed flight and this was what Chase provided) so the responsibility should be on them. Chase tells me they need to check their recordings and investigate the situation, I tell them to call me back when the investigation is done, they never call me back. I called a couple more times to look for an immediate solution and one representative said they can fly me home the next day for a flight costing 2000 - 4000USD. I hung up and called again, a different representative said there is no flight until 3 weeks later. I hung up and booked a separate flight home by myself and went to a Chase Branch for assistance. I was informed there is nothing they could do except to make a call to Chase Travel and file for Chase Escalations. So we called Chase Travel for 2+ hours at the office and was told that I had made a call to them on a date that I did not. Then, I was told that the airline credit should have been refunded. When I said it was not, the representative said it is in the process of being refunded. I told her to give me information to check on that, so she said she will contact the ticketing department and put me on hold. I asked her to call me back when she has the confirmation about the refund, but she never did. The escalation was then filed, but it was the same exact thing that had been happening over my 20+ hours of phone call - they told me to contact the airline. I called the airline again because Chase Escalation's representative was giving me attitude for not checking again, but the result was the same - the airline had no record. I called Chase Escalation to give them the update and now they are ignoring my calls. Before the escalations, there was also no record of my case. I had asked about call-back numbers, case numbers, names, but Chase would tell me there is none of that. I cannot contact them to follow-up. It has been over a month and this issue is still unsolved. Chase is great if there are no issues, but if there is... good luck.

Feb 15, 2021
Awful customer service, completely uncompromising

The customer service is horrendous. I had this card for years. I live in Hawaii and used it to rack up miles for flights back to the mainland. Didn't miss a single payment and always stayed within my credit limit. Last week I saved enough to pay off my balance in one lump sum, but I forgot to cancel my automatic payment. The automatic payment overdrew my account and Chase cancelled my credit card without so much as a warning. I have spoken with multiple customer service representatives at this point all of which have been rude and contrite. On the otherhand the application process was straightforward and easy. So there's that.

Feb 04, 2021
Good card

Make sure you spend enough to break even with the annual fee.

Feb 02, 2021
Great credit card

I have this credit card over 8 months now Great credit card

Jan 22, 2021
Best Card Hands Down

At first I received a message stating that my application was being reviewed. I called about a week later and they told me over the phone I was approved! My score was in the mid 600s. I think it helped that I've been a Chase customer for over 10 years however, that is just a speculation. Their credit limit begins at 5k . I received my 80k points after I spent the amount required! I can't wait to use it for traveling!

Dec 15, 2020
Excellent

If you're interested in this card: Try getting the Chase Freedom Unlimited first, then wait til you get an offer from Chase for the Sapphire card. Read up on articles and watch videos on how to get Chase's credit cards. Lots of great offers. Nice phone app that makes it easy to check balance and pay bills. Collecting points is fun and there are many ways to use points. I only use my Sapphire card to accumulate points. Other Chase card is collecting dust lol.

Nov 05, 2020
Got $11,700 with credit score 810

I applied in October 2020 for the Chase sapphire and was approved on the spot for a credit card limit of : $11,700 . My credit score is: 810

Oct 15, 2020
Such worthed card

This is by far my most favorite card, the amount of points you get for purchases and the flexibility to redeem is great, credit karma suggested this to me 3 years back I’m glad I went for it and never look back!

Oct 14, 2020
Easy approval

EX 685 TU 737 EQF 720 (CK approval odds: poor) I checked the chase website and was "pre qualified". I applied and did not get approved right away. I called and they just needed to verify some information since I had just moved. They were nice and made it easy and I was approved while I was on the phone. 80k points as a sign up bonus if I meet the minimum spend. Worth it.

Sep 28, 2020
Best Travel Rewards

I am going to Iceland for free because of this card. HIGHLY recommend

Aug 02, 2020
Great card

This is a awesome credit card with the best bank. Leave it at that.