Great for maximizing travel rewards††

$95

4.6

Nov 05 2020
Got $11,700 with credit score 810

I applied in October 2020 for the Chase sapphire and was approved on the spot for a credit card limit of : $11,700 . My credit score is: 810

Feb 15 2021
Awful customer service, completely uncompromising

The customer service is horrendous. I had this card for years. I live in Hawaii and used it to rack up miles for flights back to the mainland. Didn't miss a single payment and always stayed within my credit limit. Last week I saved enough to pay off my balance in one lump sum, but I forgot to cancel my automatic payment. The automatic payment overdrew my account and Chase cancelled my credit card without so much as a warning. I have spoken with multiple customer service representatives at this point all of which have been rude and contrite. On the otherhand the application process was straightforward and easy. So there's that.

All reviews

Mar 05 2020

Mar 04 2020

I have 3 credit cards. This one is my favorite by far. I worked really hard for 8 months on my credit. I'm not at 705 TU 706 EX and 700 EQ. Getting this card was the fruit of my labor lol. I use the card quit often but not unless I have the actual funds available in my checking account. That way I'm not spending what I don't have. The benefits are great.

Feb 21 2020
Great card, great rewards

This was one of my first high rewards cards I got when I finally built my credit history enough to get approved. I finally upgraded to the Sapphire Reserve with some hesitation, but I have to thank my overall experience with the Preferred card, which allowed to touch base with the magic world of credit card rewards and how you can get free money from your purchases with a little bit of research and strategic spending.

Feb 15 2020
Approved quick

I was approved. Taking CK advice of Very Good Approval odds. I also have amortgage with chase. Credit Score on CK is TU/717 E/719 I am at 4/24. I was approved for 16,200. Funny thing is my wife was offered one and she is at 5/24 she was approved as well. I have a love hate relationship with Chase, but I am loving them today. LOL. I will reprt back on my experience with this card. I also have The Chase Ink card for my business, I should be able to transfer all of the points to this card for better value. My wife and I will be traveling more now. Thank you Chase!

Feb 09 2020
Instantly approved!

CK odds were good and I decided to apply for it. Got instantly approved, CL $9000, score of 685 TU and annual income of 100K. I also have the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Only time will tell but I plan to get the 60k points within 3 months of 5k spending.

Feb 06 2020
Worth the annual fee

Great benefits and initial bonus. Partnered with most of the top tier airlines (domestic & international). There is always some great deals to earn more points on travel and dining.

Jan 30 2020
You are approved

Bombard you with letters and emails of approval then declines application REALLY? Don't bother Very poor finacial instituation.

Jan 26 2020
Useful for a lot more than credit

The card is the first I got when I came to America from Canada. At that time there was a promotion going on and I got $750 as a welcome bonus. They give $1 on all purchases with bonuses for travel, food and gas. They will give offers of 5-10% for purchases made at various vendors for a limited time for example 5% if you shop at Domino's or little Caesars.. or others like Walmart grocery, Amazon, under Armour, etc. They also offer at the current time a subscription to door dash for free if you use this card as the primary. Points can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, merchandise or travel. I use this card as my everyday card and I'm very happy with it.

Jan 25 2020