Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 3,124
Data Created: October 01, 2013

70 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 70Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Horrible Credit Card Helpful to 9 out of 9 people

Had this credit card for over 4 years and everytime i ask for a limit increase they deny it.  When i first opened the account my credit score was less than perfect and since it has gone up over 150 points.  one of my other credit cards that i have had for just as long just recently increased my credit limit by more than 80% of the original line of credit.  these guys are horrible!  plus the APR is insanely HIGH! avoid like the plague!

ivanedgardo's review was:

Oct 20, 2012 Reply

ivanedgardo(3, 17)

Review by ivanedgardo

I concur. They rip people off on rates and fees. My score went up over 100 points and I often pay my balance in full but they only gave me one limit increase in the 2 years I had them

My imit is only $800 but my chase MC limit is $3000!

Customer151's reply was:

Nov 19, 2013

Customer151(14, 3)

Review by Customer151

Top Contributor

I would not have actively sought this card had I not needed a computer for work. Applied with the following info:

Transunion: 670

Equifax: 645

Experian: 643

Pulled from Transunion with a $1500 limit. Applied in-store with 0% interest until December. If I pay in full by then, no interest charged. I not paid in full, interest will be charged retroactively for full amount at 28%! It will be paid in full.

There are really no benefits to this card other than being able to finance the computer, but I would still recommend if it is necessary. I wish I had applied for the rewards card.

scamps218's review was:

Aug 25, 2011 Reply

scamps218(244, 210)

Review by scamps218

Ok..If you need something from Best Buy Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I applied for this Card with a CS of 609

I was approved for a CL of $500

This was 2009. I never recieved a CL Increase or my APR% never changed.

I called this week to cancel it. The immeditly Offered me a CL increase of $2000 dollars and a Apr drop of 8% From 24-16%

Should have called sooner to end my CC :)

nartman's review was:

Mar 28, 2013 Reply

nartman(5, 141)

Review by nartman

I underpaid by $25 (forgot to add the min. pmt.) on a deferred interest promotional purchase and was whacked with the interest charges. However, I called BB (Cap One) and explained my error and that I would pay the addl. $25 min. monthly payment on top of amt. sent in and they waived the interest charges.  I double checked after and it is being reflected on my statement.  So, I give them 'credit' for working w/ me on this one.

Jul 15, 2012 Reply
WORST CARD I HAVE EVER HAD!!! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Horrible Horrible Customer service.  Told my balance had been paid in full and then closed the card.  Received another statement with a $65.00 charge.  Called agajn,  more Horrible Service.  They couldn't figure out why I was charged the $65.00,  then they proceeded to (do me a favor, my BUTT!!!) By only charging me $30.00! Watch out.

None of the customer service reps are on the same page.  They all tell you something different every time you call,  then when they mess up. the customer has to pay their hard earned money to "make it right"  Who wants their credit affected by one crappy credit card ( Citibank. ) So your basically forced to pay it off.

BUYERS BEWARE: DONT DO IT!

Feb 13, 2014 Reply
Dead end card low Limit Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I have had this card for over 2 years and Stuck at $800 limit.my fico is 748.my other cards are American Express  blue sky preferred card with $10k,citi thank you Preferred with $8,500 chase freedom with $7,500 and a discover with $9k limit then this one.oh almost forgot the apr on this card is the highest apr at 29% then to make things worst you have to pay $59 every year just to keep the card. If you want to build your credit I suggest you get a Bank of America card At least they give credit limit increases. One last thing when you call Customer service Don't expect them to help you the just don't Have any power to do absolutely nothing to help.so if you looking for a card that grows with you score Look elsewhere and if you do get a cli it will be small and they will do a hard pull.oh and yes I was Denied a credit limit increase. Capital one What a joke

rahim1980's review was:

Jul 09, 2013 Reply

rahim1980(1, 3)

Review by rahim1980

Their main customer service is outsourced.  Most companies do this actually so even going up multiple levels of customer service does nothing as these guys are specifically trained to deny anything and everything.

Have you tried using the "back door" numbers?

Search google for the MyFicoForums "back door credit card numbers"

These are lines directly to the underwriters and people who can actually make credit decisions.

Subwaywall2412's reply was:

Sep 01, 2013

Subwaywall2412(3, 5)

Review by Subwaywall2412

Stuck forever Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I have this card and I cant say its horrible because it does its job but like many I have been stuck at a $300.00 limit with a 29% APR. I rarely use this card because of the before mentioned interest rate and limit. It doesnt seem like it grows with you and just FYI yes this is a toy card for me as my FICO is 690. I wont call for a CLI because I dont want a hard pull at the moment so this card is going to stay in the drawer.

osudelt00's review was:

May 25, 2013 Reply

osudelt00(3, 8)

Review by osudelt00

Good to get started with Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Thought I was applying for store card,,got this one instead,, didn't mind except the annual fee and 300.00 limit,, can't buy much with that or maybe that was the point. Haven't had 1 cl increase since opening the acct. nearly 3 yrs ago. Never asked for one either jus thought I'd keep building up my credit to get a decent card to use so I wouldn't need it anyway. My score was in low 600's when I got it and I am now over 700 so I think it served it purpose. easy to apply for and no problems with use so far.

9CLINE's review was:

Apr 16, 2013 Reply

9CLINE(24, 195)

Review by 9CLINE

Top Contributor

I opened this card in July 2011. With my bad credit history, these were the only people willing to consider me. I researched a bit before applying (because of the hard inquiry I would get) and was able to qualify at a 595 Ex Plus score.

So far it's alright. I charge everything and pay it off asap. I've earned $15 in rewards which isn't much, but it's fine with me as I'm rebuilding my credit (3 collections on file). Customer service is so-so. Most I've waited is about 15 mins on business nights. In the last 5 months My score went up over 40 points and was able to open another credit card! Yay!

shaicandie's review was:

Dec 09, 2011 Reply

shaicandie(2, 3)

Review by shaicandie

Card changes Banks frequently Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I hate this card!  They have changed banks 3 times in the past few years and lost one of my payments.  Now my CR shows a late payment and they refused to take it off.

Worst Cutomer service ever!

Jan 23, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 70Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 7   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Reward Zone® MasterCard®

Cardholder Rating Distribution (70)

The Reward Zone® MasterCard® is serviced by Capital One, N.A., for Best Buy® customers. Cardholder benefits may include special finance offers, points towards the Reward Zone® program, and online account management. Credit cards can be used online or in stores nationwide and for select countries worldwide.

Established in 1966, Best Buy® is a retailer of technology and entertainment products with operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, China, and Mexico. Technology products offered include a wide span of computers, telephones, and much more. Best Buy® is popularly know for their “Geek Squad” commercials that promote their specialized services for customers.

Reward Zone® MasterCard®