3.5

Mar 15 2013
Applied in store

Applied in store with mid 600's ck score,,,instant approval for 300.00 charged 80.00 initially, paid off at first bill... 2nd month got and cl increase to 850.00 that's been about 6mths ago, since then nothing and owe nothing... So far so good,no problem with payment posting decent website... Good Luck

Jun 30 2017
Credit limit reduction

I am the card with a $500 limit, after getting it I purchased about $80 worth of clothes and paid without using the card anymore. A few months later around Christmas I got &200 worth of stuff and a few days later I got a letter saying my limit was reduced to $210 leaving about a few dollars available. Six months later going online to pay my limit was reduced to $100. I just printed out the statement, sent a check for the balance along with the card

Mar 22 2019
Ridiculous

Belk has store cards issued by synchrony Bank. Synchrony bank is a joke! I had a generous limit on my Belk card. I used it often and paid it off OFTEN. Out of the blue they lowered my credit limit by $450! No reason. They did not send me a letter explaining. My credit score tanked. As soon as I pay off that joke of a card, I will close it. DO NOT OWN AN ACCOUNT WITH SYNCHRONY BANK. They will ruin your credit!

Nov 28 2018

Do not get this card!!! They seem to intentionally hurt your credit. I had excellent credit, literally only used this card 2 times. I accidentally missed 1 month on a $16 payment and Belk's doubled the charge then reported to all credit bureaus. They also decreased my credit line from 800 to 100, this made it seem as the $35 charge was me using 35% of my credit line. These acts dropped my excellent credit score 123 points!!! It took years to build my credit score up and all was undone with a $16 missed payment. Please stick w/ general Wells Fargo or Capital One Cards! I have never been treated like this by them. They also randomly closed my moms account due to no use, I should have learned not to get this card!!!

Apr 16 2018
I wish I could rate 0!

Don't get one!!!!!! I had this card for 6 years and they cancelled it without any notice. I was trying to make a purchase in the store and my card was denied. There were several people around and it was rather embarrassing. I called the customer service number to find out what was going on and she informed me that I had been a customer for so long that they wanted me to renew everything. I went off! I asked her if my credit score has dropped, to which she replied, "No in fact it's gone up". I asked her if I have missed a payment, she replied that I had always made more than my payment and never been late. I let her know that they had royally effed-up and that not only would I be paying my balance off right then I would never be back in the store. This was 4 months ago and I have not been back yet, and have no intentions of ever going back. They really screwed up because I used to spend a lot of money in there.

Oct 25 2017
Don't Get This Card

I have had the Belk credit card for several years. I have never had a missed or late payment. In fact, I have always made higher than the minimum payment. I have had a zero balance for about a year. I was just notified by Experian that my credit score went down a couple of points, because Belk lowered my credit limit from $1,300 to $1,024 for no reason! What if I had had a balance of, say, $1,200? Would I have been assessed an over limit fee? Why would a company that I have had only a positive payment history with do something to harm my credit rating? This card is through Synchrony Bank, by the way, as are many department store cards.

Jun 30 2017
Credit limit reduction

May 26 2017
Limit Decreasers !!!

I have had this card for over 2 years. I started out with a $300.00 limit, within a few months it was increased more than triple. So, since I haven't used the card in a while I log on today to only find my limit has been decreased by $800.00. No warning. Shady practices if you ask me !!!

Jan 27 2017
Curious

When you ask for a credit increase do they pull your credit again. Just curious. Drea67

Dec 14 2016
Belk credit card is disappointing

Around the holidays for two years in a row, they have decreased my credit line without telling me, without even missing a payment. I have auto pay set up to pay every month.

Oct 16 2016

I have this card, but I mostly use it to buy all of my Mac products, and fragrances.....So far, so good! Easy approval by the way!!

Sep 27 2016
Credit Increase Within Months

I initally received a $200 limit, requested an increase, was denied but then a few weeks later, they increased my limit suddenly to $1450. No complaints with the website. Easy to pay online. I check all my credit accounts at least every couple of weeks and try to pay off everything, try not to charge anything I cannot pay off in full. Love shopping at Belk. I applied online because I don't like applying in stores because if you don't get approved the salespeople get all long in the mouth.