2.5

Jan 10, 2015
I have 2!

I have both the AE store and AE Visa credit card I applied years ago just on a whim (it was my B-day) with a CL of 2400 and 5300 respectively over time. I shop frequently at AE and though the APR is high it's what you'd usually expect out of a store credit card, right? I always pay on time and in full each month and unlike the others who have negatively reviewed this card I'll review the positives of this card. One is the rewards. If you love shopping here than that's at least a plus as you can earn a $10 coupon for every $25 spent plus a 15, 20, 30, or 40% off coupon for every dollar spent in every quarter from the year. Another is the CL increases which in the long run help your credit score. If you're fully and fiscally responsible with your credit and spending habits of course you won't run into problems and that also applies generally when you think about it. When I first applied for the store credit card I started VERY LOW at $200 but eventually into $850 and finally $2400. I made small purchases and paid them off constantly. Anything and everything will help to build an excellent credit score which in the end I've achieved in a few years. If you're impatient, don't shop AE as much, aren't responible with spending, quick to judge, or ambivalent about this card don't bother getting it. It's just like any other store credit card you can apply for. But if your into looking at the brighter side of things and try to look into the positives give it a shot. What do you have to lose if you take of things?

May 27, 2014
Hardly worth applying for

I got my card in January and they only gave a measly $150 credit limit. Even though I paid my parlance in full monthly and have had a zero balance for the last 2 or 3 billing cycles they still haven't increased my limit. I've even been issued a card with a $4000 limit since then from a different issuer and my score has significantly increases since being issued the american eagle card. Sometimes companies need to apply some common sense to their credit processes. I would probably even do more business with them if they gave a higher limit. Oh well, I'm sure they will figure it out one day. Probably right around the time they stop outsourcing their customer service to india or Pakistan...

Apr 15, 2018
Ridiculous

Opened the account in 2016. Used it every so often but was able to pay it off in November, 2017. Tried to use it today (4/15/18) and it was declined. I called the number on the back and they told me it had been cancelled but couldn't tell me why. Only said I could reapply if I wanted to and said I was sent a letter on March 27 explaining it. I never received the letter. I had never been late on any payments with them. I will not be reapplying or will I be shopping there anymore

Mar 22, 2018
Not great

Unless you shop at American Eagle every week and can rack up the rewards points while paying off the card every month, then it's not worth your time to get this card. The rewards offered are small and the interest rate is huge. Customer service is next to useless, mostly because the whole process is automated and convoluted. Also, they don't report balances to the credit bureaus frequently. This means that if you transfer your balance from the AE card to a card with a 0% interest offer in an effort to pay off your debt, for a while it might look like you have doubled your overall debt and your credit will tank even more.

Mar 03, 2018
Garbage

Crappy card low limit no rewards cancel for no reason screw Synchrony

Mar 03, 2018
Disappointing

I opened this card in 2016, within 6 months they lowered my limit. I've never been late on a payment, and they cancelled my account. When I called, I was told that my account was inactive. I just used that card within the last 30 days!?

Nov 07, 2017
2 highest limit

I applied August 31st got approved 350 I called in for a credit limit increase I got 4000 tonight and I have Walmart MasterCard and I got 5000 credit limit increase tonight

Aug 27, 2017
High interest, $10 coupon only perk

Unless you're hurting for credit, this card isn't worth it. You only earn points to get a $10 coupon to use in store. Other cards give better benefits! I'm only keeping mine open so I don't take a ding on my credit. Customer service is great... if you can get to them. Their automated line is complete crap and just keeps repeating itself. Takes at least 5 minutes with automated voice to get transferred. I recommend Chase Freedom - much better card.

Jul 10, 2017
High interest and bad customer service.

This is the second credit card I ever got and it wasn't a good choice. I had for a while and was doing great paying it off monthly. I came in to some hard times and had to put a bigger balance on it and took out a cash advance. Now the interest is so high that my extremely high monthly payments don't even make a dent in the balance. Also, I have asked for my PIN number which they said they send through the mail and have never received it. I called to ask for a payment exstension and customer service literally told "no have a great day". Didn't even try to help me out at all.

Mar 04, 2017
Lousy card!

One year later my limit dropped from 280 to 140. Not worth the trouble! Jeans are made of cheap material and fit has gone down hill!

Jan 13, 2017
So disappointed!

If you haven't applied fot one, keep away from it. Nothing special about this card. Not as many deals and discount as Macy. Not as much cash back rewards as Discover or Chase. Not even many discounts in store. The benefit I got from this card didn't worth a hard pull on my credit. I certainly learnt a lesson from this experience. The sales girl told me it won't affect my credit score since there's no anuual fee. I felt fooled after I found the credit inquiry after a month! Also there are some some promised cash rewards if you use the card to purchase in and outside of AEO. I made the purchase but never get any rewards. I called the customer service and it took so long to get to talk to a real person. I told him I wanted to close the account. He just answered ok you are all set and hang up. Not even a "thank you". Looks like they don't care about customers. Perhaps they already know why people are closing out the account! So disappointed. Never be tempted to the open account promotions. By the way, they only offer a 15%. Even Macy offers a 20%. Think before you leap.

Dec 11, 2016
Good for Rebuilding

Approved for the store version with TU-569 Credit Karma score. CL $150 Issuer: SYNCB (Synchrony Bank) Hard inquiry: do 1 for Transunion Hard Inquiries total: 17 previous/18 now (3 previously from SYNCB in 2015, 2 for Syncb/walmart, 1 for Syncb/amazon, all three DENIED) Average Age of Accounts: 1 year 1 month Credit cards utilization: 63% across all 7 No collections on accounts. 1 missed payment on a closed loan from February 2016. 3 serious missed payments in an open student loan 3 years ago. 2 charge off from mobile companies 19 open accounts in good standing My other scores EQ-711/EX-637 (Credit Karma & Credit.com scores.) My first time with Synchrony, I tried to enter for 10 YEARS and finally did it!!!?? I apply online and the system give me the message "you're almost done, we need more information. Call us within 48 hours". I call the next morning, talk to the CSR and she put me on hold 2 minutes.?? Then she come back and say: Congratulations you are approved, your CL is $150 and your card will arrive in the mail within 7-10 days!! Very low CL but happy for the entrance to SYNCHRONY with 569 Credit Karma Score/ 671 Synchrony Bank Mail Letter.