2.6

Dec 13, 2015

transunion credit karma 610 eqifax 582 credit karma and experian actual is 593 applied12-10 got this American eagle card with same above score with 150 limit Rebuilding and getting better

May 27, 2014
Hardly worth applying for

I got my card in January and they only gave a measly $150 credit limit. Even though I paid my parlance in full monthly and have had a zero balance for the last 2 or 3 billing cycles they still haven't increased my limit. I've even been issued a card with a $4000 limit since then from a different issuer and my score has significantly increases since being issued the american eagle card. Sometimes companies need to apply some common sense to their credit processes. I would probably even do more business with them if they gave a higher limit. Oh well, I'm sure they will figure it out one day. Probably right around the time they stop outsourcing their customer service to india or Pakistan...

May 05, 2021
Not Worth It

I've had this card for about 2 years, and was approved with a CL of 250. I've tried over the years to get them to increase it and they will not increase it even a little bit. The store is too expensive to really use a credit limit of 250 so I basically don't even use it now. Not worth the effort.

Mar 27, 2020
They closed my account- completely!

I had this card about 8 months. I always carried a balance, but always made my payments on time. When I received my tax return I paid off the card in full, along with other store cards. As soon as the payment hit, they closed my account for "lack of real estate", and other reasons as well. I will no longer have another card from Comenity. I paid my card off to raise my credit score (along with the others) and to lessen my debt to income ratio. Once they closed my account my credit score tanked even worse than when I had a balance. If I would of known that, I would of just carried a balance until I got approved for a home loan.

Apr 24, 2019
Throwing away customers

I opened this card with a low-average credit score and a past bankruptcy, granted a $500 limit. I used it consistently but always paid it off, never paid late and a year later they lowered my limit to $150, that's barely even usable. I had some high utilization on other cards but still no lates and my credit was better than ever. I paid off the remaining balance a couple months ago and thought nothing of it until I got a credit alert that a card had been closed. No reason when I called, apparently the underwriter just doesn't want people shopping at AE.

Jan 10, 2019
I applied

So I applied today and it did not deny but did not approve right away. I have a 650 Trans. Will I have to wait for a letter in the mail for approval or denial? Does it mean that I will be denied because I did not get an instant approval? i gave it a 1 star because i do not even have the card yet- Ill review again later IF i am approved.

Dec 18, 2018
EXCELLENCE.... They gave me a chance...

They work with people rebuilding there credit

Dec 04, 2018
Great Card

This card is great. I love American eagle also.

Nov 16, 2018
Awful credit limit

I have good credit and good income and for more than a year was only allowed $175 in credit haha. I cancelled this card today!

Sep 28, 2018

DO NOT GET THIS CARD. I just got denied a credit increase, and I have a decent credit score! My line has been ONLY $150 for over a year. Not worth it!!

Sep 18, 2018
Crappy card

I got approved with CL of 350 when my credit score was low like 580 and 6 months later they closed my account because I paid off my bill in full. Seriously screw this company I wont be shopping here or old navy as they did the same. They apparently want you to be in debt.

Apr 15, 2018
Ridiculous

Opened the account in 2016. Used it every so often but was able to pay it off in November, 2017. Tried to use it today (4/15/18) and it was declined. I called the number on the back and they told me it had been cancelled but couldn't tell me why. Only said I could reapply if I wanted to and said I was sent a letter on March 27 explaining it. I never received the letter. I had never been late on any payments with them. I will not be reapplying or will I be shopping there anymore