Credit Score
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders that a credit score that currently falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit score across all holders of this card, every month, for the past year.
Credit Limit
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose credit limit on this card currently falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit of all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current balance on this card falls within the given amount ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average current balance for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current credit limit utilization for this card falls within the given utilization ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current credit score falls within the given score ranges.
  • info This chart displays the average credit limit utilization for all holders of this card whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
60+ Days Past Due Status
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that were 60+ days past due for the given month for the past year.
  • info This chart displays the percent of holders of this card that are currently 60+ days past due and whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
  • info This chart displays the average amount that is 60+ days past due for holders whose current credit score falls within the given score range.
Age of Cardholder
  • info This chart details the percent of cardholders whose current age falls within the given age ranges.
Sample Size: 2,095
Data Created: October 01, 2013

110 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 110Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next

Approved CL $600. Helpful to 19 out of 19 people

I recently applied and was approved for the Amazon store card. The approval was not instant. I received a letter a few days later asking to call and verify my info. Upon calling I was told that I was approved with a CL of $600. My CK score was 575, and I have a couple old collections, a 2K judgement from 2009, and a strategic foreclosure about 5 years ago. I hope this was some help to those of you who are applying for the card. I am earger to take advantage of the promotional 0% interest, responsibly of course.

MrWilson777's review was:

Dec 25, 2012 Reply

MrWilson777(2, 19)

Review by MrWilson777

Just like any retail card, this one has REALLY high interest and strict terms. I love it! I can buy anything I want (I think Amazon has at least one of everything) and get all the interest free financing I want. They don't have an introductory period or anything silly like that. If your total order is over $150, you get six months interest-free. If your order is over $600, you get 12 months interest free. If your order is from Amazon, not just a merchant that sells on Amazon, and it's really expensive, you can get 24 months interest-free. If you don't pay it off by the time your interest-free time is up, you'll have to pay all the accrued interest from the beginning. I've used Amazon since it first went online, and having this card as a flexible payment option works wonders for me. I go to a school where scholarships, grants and loans disperse about two weeks after school starts, but textbooks are required within the first week of classes. This card makes it much easier to afford the hundreds of dollars in books before all of my financial aid comes through. I was approved immediately with a $1400 limit (I think my score was 650 at the time). This card will definitely help out anyone who regularly shops on Amazon, who pays their bills on-time and who can pay off their balance every month and/or pay off large purchases within a given time frame.

Dawnstream's review was:

Mar 08, 2012 Reply

Dawnstream(115, 380)

Review by Dawnstream

Top Contributor

just applied today when buying a new lawnmower. Been trying to rebuild my credit since college. i was stupid and have two collections and a 590 score. Started building my credit last october with no late payments and i have been paying off every card every month. i also have a secured credit card from my credit union. It is 250 dollars. Hoefully everything is helping me rebuild. I was approved for an 800 dollar limit with a credit karma score of 590. Some of my other cards are through ge capital and i have never had a problem with them. I am about to be a male nurse and hopefully my increased income helps me even more. Also another way to look at your other scores is a website called www.creditsesame.com. It only updates two times a month though.

mhakernurse's review was:

May 17, 2012 Reply

mhakernurse(1, 12)

Review by mhakernurse

I am telling you about the GE Money Bank Card with Amazon.com this card is a rotating balance meaning if you only pay the minimum they will tac on 10% and you will never pay it off. I went through this for 3yrs and just got out of it this years. I will never go back to using Amazons credit card again. Just watch out for GE Money bank. They will take what is theirs if you do not pay them what they want.

ladybug1992's reply was:

Nov 19, 2013

ladybug1992(1, 1)

Review by ladybug1992

I'm Brand new to credit, and have only had a starter capital one card for 1.1 years to establish credit, my current credit score is 719 and I've been approved for $1,900 credit line! awesome for someone who is trying to establish more credit! since i have paid the first 5 bills, my credit increased to 798! and that is mostly based on my amazon account since i spend less than $20 on my Capital one card every month! SO IF YOU WANT A BETTER CREDIT SCORE, DON'T SPEND MORE THAN YOU CAN PAY OFF ON YOUR AMAZON ACCOUNT, PAY EARLY, YOUR CREDIT SCORE WILL GO UP DRASTICLY!!

Feb 24, 2012 Reply
Credit Limit Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

I decided to get this card to take advantage of the 12 month no interest financing deal on purchases greater than $599 that Amazon was touting.

When I finished my credit application, it automatically set my limit at $500, which was below the threshold needed to get the deal...I have a credit score of 800, have never been late on any payment, and have net income 60,000+. Neither Amazon or the "credit analyst or the credit analysts supervisor" that Amazon transferred me to was able to raise my limit to achieve the deal. They literally said it is impossible to raise my limits because the system declined the increase since it's a brand new card.

So, I called 866-519-6441, the GEMoneyBank backdoor credit solutions number and voila, the especially nice representative raised credit limit to $750.

Long story short, make sure you are aware of the possibility of the cards limits not being high enough to qualify for a deal regardless of your credit history even though Amazon/GEMB does not make this information visible.

Aug 27, 2013 Reply
Great Product! Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I have a Very Poor (557) score on CreditKarma due to student loans, my Capital One Secured CC, and tons of delinquent balances.  While I am working on paying these off, I have had a very impossible time with credit.  Amazon gave me a great opportunity!  They allow for me to have an $800 Credit Limit [more than enough for what I usually get at any point in time.  Just buy one or two things (or xmas shopping), pay off with extra money every check, and repeat].

The only flaw is there is no place that shows me what day the payment will be due, or how much the payment would be.  [minimum]

JWag12787's review was:

Jun 26, 2013 Reply

JWag12787(2, 7)

Review by JWag12787

Denied credit increase. Helpful to 14 out of 16 people

Crazy thing happened to me. I have a $1000 limit on my Amazon Store card. On a whim, i clicked the request credit increase... nothing happened. I got a letter in the mail today that said i was denied. The letter goes on to basically say that i was denied because "The Percentage of Times payment Greater than Amount Due over Last 12 Months" and "Maximum consecutive Months there was a balance decrease over the most recent six months". I love this card, b/c i love Amazon and it makes it easy. Can you believe i was denied because I always pay more than is due and most of the time I pay my balances in full and keep 0 balance!!! This is the craziest thing i've ever heard of... My Credit score is over 720!!! So instead of rewarding a good customer, they penalize me because they are not making enough money off me in interest. I didn't need the increase anyway, i was just curious, i really don't care, but i think the reasoning is insane.

Feb 11, 2013 Reply

In instances of that nature, you should always speak to someone in Customer Service or in the Reconsideration department as they can override ridiculous or unfair computer-made decisions.

mbowers8703's reply was:

Aug 23, 2013

mbowers8703(2, 4)

Review by mbowers8703

Same here and I can relate well to your situation. GE Capital does not like their customers to PIF every month and that goes along the lines of all their credit cards issued. The reasoning makes no sense so you are not alone. Also, the last time I tried to go through the back door number I got someone in India that was using a computerized system for credit line increases. Very frustrating indeed.

bsprouse85's reply was:

Feb 01, 2014

bsprouse85(2, 1)

Review by bsprouse85

A "great customer" in the credit card company's eyes is actually a customer that only pays the minimum or just a tiny bit more than the minumum money requirment. This is because they get more interest charge out of you the longer you take to pay down your credit card.

bcurrie423's reply was:

May 13, 2013

bcurrie423(1, 0)

Review by bcurrie423

Confused!! Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I have had my card for over a year now. When I applied I was approved for $600. Since I am disabled and bed bound I do all of my shopping through Amazon. I have never been late with a payment.I pay well over the monthly charge and pay early. When I went to pay my bill this month I saw that my credit limit was lowered to $390, At the time I had $385 on my card and was making my usual $100 a month payment. I am only required to pay $25 a month. I asked and can't seem to get an answer from anyone as to why my limit was lowered without notification or as to why it was lowered, I changed the date on some of my subscribe and save items and removed some because of the decrease and would you know that I was charged for them anyway and I never got the product. Now I am having trouble getting them to remove the charges from my card. I am not understanding all of this negativity. And I was turning everyone onto Amazon, telling them how such a wonderful company they were and how you can find pretty much anything on there that you want. I was even promoting their Amazon Prime and got my friends and family signed up for it. I almost want to tell them to cancel now. It's a good thing I am not that type of person. I wished I was given the same courtesy though. Hopefully someone will clue me in as to what is going on soon.

DBaath's review was:

May 27, 2013 Reply

DBaath(1, 5)

Review by DBaath

Crooks, very deceitful in their billing Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I applied for this card and was approved instantly.  I had a problem with the cc company from day one.  My first payment was due 1/20 and it was paid on 1/19.  Got a collection call on 1/24 asking for pmt.  After a very long conversation with a man that was very hard to understand, it was straightened out and late fee was reversed.  I set up on automatic payments so this would not happen again.  Well, it happened again.  I did not receive any notice payment was late in Feb and now that it's April I have gotten a call stating account is past due.  I asked how it could be past due when my payments have been paid each month before the payment due date.  Finally after speaking with a representitive that did not know how to communicate and was very hard to understand did a "floor specialist" get on the line and after about 15 min of me going back and fourth as to how it could be late if the payments have been made on time did he expalin that when they credit a late fee back to the account, it goes to the balance not the amount due so therefore instead of 25.00 being due in Febuary 57.00 was due.  I then asked why was it 57.00 if the payment was 25.00 and the past due was 25.00 and he said because the amount due in Feb was $32.00 not $25.00 even though there was nothing charged on the account. He said the amount changes all the time?  Now this account is a no interest account so how does it fluxuate?    WTH?? I have never heard of this.  None of it makes sense!  So basically, they make your next payment late so they can charge another late fee because by the time you find out your account is behind, the statement has already been generated and so therefore it doesnt reflect on it.  This is so shady I can't stand it.  I will never charge another thing on this card and will pay it in full so I dont have to deal with them ever again.  My take on this company is they are CROOKS!

Apr 10, 2013 Reply

got approved with a score of around 670 for $ 600 limit ... very useful card especially for students i buy books from amazon and they are always cheap! also there are financing offers if you use the card so its a great card!

adlp1ph's review was:

Mar 04, 2011 Reply

adlp1ph(19, 41)

Review by adlp1ph

Top Contributor

update---- they increased my limit without requesting any after 6 months of having the card to $700 so $100 increase - I can't complain I use it only in mainly buying books for school which is more limit that i need - so, so far so good

adlp1ph's reply was:

Oct 23, 2011

adlp1ph(19, 41)

Review by adlp1ph

Results 1-10 of 110Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 11   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Amazon.com Store Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (110)

The Amazon.com Store Card is offered by GE Money Bank (GEMB) for Amazon.com customers. Cardmember benefits can include exclusive offers, promotions, discounts, and online account management.

Established in 1995 by Jeff Bezos, Amazon is an online retailer that sells direct to customers. Based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is currently the global leader of e-commerce offering diverse items from food to books to computer electronics. Driven by technological innovation, Amazon products and services are available in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.