3.0

Oct 15, 2016
Convenient, great signup promo!

Being a Prime member, I have been interested in adding this Store Card to my account since I do the majority of my online shopping at Amazon.? I was just approved for a $2100 CL with scores of EQ: 673 TU: 685 and EX 677.? No open collections or unsatisfied judgments.? A total of 12 late payments from 2 student loans from 2013 still appear on my reports.? My current credit utilization is around 5%.? The only report they pulled for the account was TransUnion (same as in April, 2015).? I had applied for this card in April 2015 but was declined at the time (scores across the 3 bureaus were in the mid 500s, with open collections and 2 judgments).? Hope this helps someone.

Sep 20, 2017
They closed my account!

I am very disgusted with Amazon right now. I went to place an order and my card was declined. I figured that I might had entered the number incorrectly so after doing it a couple of times it still didn't go through. I logged into my account to see what was going on and to my surprise MY ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED! :( I've had the card for almost a year with no issues, no problems, no late payments, or anything else. When I called them to find out what happened, they informed me that after reviewing my credit report, they determined that it was in their best interest to close the account. Now that I've been getting my old debts resolved I guess I'm starting to appear on everyone's "radar" and I'm getting dinged on a regular basis. No problem. I understand that. But I am very annoyed because I haven't had any slip-ups in the last 5 years. From the time I was issued the card to the present, I always paid my bill early and didn't carry a balance.? I don't see how that was a risk for them. ?

Sep 21, 2021
Beware !

I had a late charge on my statement because I didn’t make a payment the month before..I was so angry because the month before I had made two $ 200. Payments.One was two days before the next month was due…Both payments were at least $100. over the minimum payment ..but because I didn’t make one for the following month I was charged a late charge. When I called customer service I was told I had to make a payment every month regardless of how much you paid the month before . I had no idea .I guess it’s all about them having their interest paid..I’m not using this card ever again !

Jul 02, 2021
NON-EXISTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE

I'm a terrible person because i shop a lot of amazon. This card is great as long as you keep it paid off and buy a lot of amazon. However it all goes to crap once you need help. My card got shut down for a fraudlent charge - good catch by chase! Was happy about that. Not happy that I'm now on DAY THREE of trying to get a hold of ANYONE who can handle this absolutely trivial correction, but no. What you are FORCED to do is wait in line, for NINTEY MINUTES then they dump you with a smile. "try back later". Three frickn days of this. I can't even get anyone to just cancel my card. DO NOT GET THIS CARD.

Mar 03, 2021
Useless Card High Interest

After 2 years of requesting, they finally upped my credit limit above $200.... I make close to 6 figures, no missed payments...ever...under 10% debt to income ratio. Then they TOOK IT BACK after I made a couple of purchases. What an insult to have your credit limit reduced out of the blue when you've done nothing wrong or different. They are now paid in full and won't be profiting from me again. It wasn't even 70% of the limit used before they did this and dropped my credit score over 30 points. Amazon lost a Prime member too.

Dec 22, 2020
Perfect for a huge Amazon shopper

I have had this card for years and I love it. I earn 5% rewards on purchases and have gotten a lot of free items. I love the 6 month interest free option and I use it all the time. I do have a high limit and I pay off any balance that is not promotional each month. If you don't pay off your cards each month this is probably not a great card for you. The interest rate is too high.

Oct 18, 2020
Everything about the card is misleading

Don’t waste your time with the Amazon store card if you’re actually looking to do payment plans, the bank that issues the card will either give a small line of credit or outright deny the transaction you got the card for, I specifically got this card to do the 6 month payment play for a $530 skee ball machine but was declined, when contacting Amazon they were basically helpless and on the 3rd time contacting them about the issue they told me I would have to reach out to the bank regarding an AMAZON CARD, that’s not to mention the fact it is a hard inquiry on your credit and will negatively affect it.

Aug 06, 2020
Statement are imposible!!

There is always a problem with the installments and their statements are impossible to understand . Prepare to spend a lot of time on the phone trying to fix problems !!

Feb 06, 2020
its the terrible experience

they charge security fee every month and they don't say anything

Oct 13, 2019
Stupidest reasoning ever had to listen!!

This card is good till you don't get cancelled by this credit card company for some unknown stupid reason! I have a 100% payment history with them with a credit line of 1,500 and I am a customer from last 2 years...I have a 30% credit balance with them. Recently, mistakenly I tried to make a payment from an account I didn't have money. When I found out my mistake, I cancelled the previous payment and paid with my correct account information. After 10 days, I got notification that my card got cancelled, though I have a 100% payment history!!! Way to go!!!! They are saying that, I did this type of mistake twice in last my account history, so they closed it. Just a question to amazon, I always loved doing business with you, but is this the way you are treating your loyal customer? Just for newcomers and existing card holders, be ready to get your card cancelled for stupid reasons you even can't imagine!

Oct 05, 2019
Account closed for seemingly no reason.

I've had this card now for 7 months. I went to order something and it's saying account closed. I've never once had a missed or late payment. What's worse is all my 5% cash back rewards are gone too! That's just wrong. I called them and asked why it was closed and they told me, "sorry I don't have that information. It happens sometimes." What the heck!?

Sep 23, 2019
Got denied with a 710 FICO score

I have no idea why I did not get approved for this card. That said, 1 star for them deying me with a 710 score with a 5% utilization on my other Visa with a 7k limit.