Credit Card Reviews

AccountNow® Prepaid Visa® Card

20 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 20Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

I had an accountnow card.. I kept it for about 5 years. In the beginning it was great! The program to help you build your credit worked.. then they stopped it. Then, all of a sudden , I started being charged monthly fees eventhough I had direct deposits of over $1000 monthly. Would not recommend it anymore.

msgwenny's review was:

Sep 16, 2012 Reply

msgwenny(1, 12)

Review by msgwenny

I had this card a few years ago. Just so everyone knows they used to have a program with this card that helped to build your credit, but stopped it about a year ago. It was kind of like a pay day advance. It helped build my credit pretty good, but since they stopped the program i just quit using the card.

xcrystalstarx's review was:

jeremycooper92's review was:

Jun 09, 2012 Reply

jeremycooper92(1, 11)

Review by jeremycooper92

How do I know which is the best offer because I live on a fixed income?

Rubia40's review was:

Jan 08, 2011 Reply

Rubia40(1, 11)

Review by Rubia40

I got this card in hopes of doing the mentioned credit building program since I showed I had a thin file. However, after I got the card I never could find this program. So I went ahead and applied for an unsecured Orchard Bank mastercard. I got approved. It does have an annual fee, but now I can see my credit score. I would suggest the Orchard Bank card for anyone building credit. Also, on Orchard Bank's site, they have a pre-approval process that only does a soft pull and then suggest a card for you prior to any hard pull once you actually apply.

kp1111's review was:

Feb 16, 2012 Reply

kp1111(2, 10)

Review by kp1111

Is there a way to get hard inquiries off your report? and will this help my score?

DDesjarlais's review was:

Jun 04, 2010 Reply

DDesjarlais(2, 5)

Review by DDesjarlais

does this card report as a secured credit card? if so it will not help your credit, correct?

brittbelvin's review was:

Feb 01, 2010 Reply

brittbelvin(1, 4)

Review by brittbelvin

Horrible with Identity Theft and Fraud Helpful to 1 out of 1 people

Called them last Wed an hour after two fraudulent charges showed up. I still had my card with me. It was one of those scams where someone gets your strip and makes fake gift cards with it. I was told there was nothing they could do until the charges went through and then a forms, disputs, investigations. I did everything right, called them, cancelled card, got a new one, called police, called the store. Its been 5 days and they are just starting to investigate now. Do yourself a favor and just get a secure credit card instead. These crap debit cards have no real help for victims of identity theft and remember its real money they are stealing out of your account, not credit card charges. Account Now's customer service is in the Phillipines. I could barely understand them when I called and my account was almost cleared out!!! Don't use this card. You are better off with a mattress

Mar 24, 2014 Reply

I have the account now card and so far am very pleased with it. They have this credit builder called iadvance where you can borrow money and pay it back with your next direct deposit. I have done this nearly weekly but no fail to having my paychecks direct deposit it gets paid. Since I have borrowed my its been about 4 transactions my credit score went up by about 30 points.

iamwhoiam's review was:

Jan 03, 2010 Reply

iamwhoiam(1, 1)

Review by iamwhoiam

This company is a joke.

They will take every dime you have and refuse to talk about it. i was on the phone over 30 minutes using a minute government phone and i told them that, and yet, 25 minutes of that 30 was me being on hold. and they never did help me. AT ALL. i will NEVER use this company again, and I will also do everything I can to shut THEM DOWN.

Mar 24, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 20Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of AccountNow® Prepaid Visa® Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (20)

Top Similar Cards

AccountNow provides prepaid Visa and MasterCard cards as an alternative to traditional credit payment services. With applications online, AccountNow cards guarantee approval for every applicant, making it a good option for consumers with poor or little to no credit history. AccountNow cards allow consumers to deposit money direct to a prepaid card, and acts similar to an online checking account and debit card. AccountNow is accepted anywhere Visa is accepted, and features options such as direct deposit for paychecks and online bill pay.

Headquartered in San Ramon, California and established in 2004, AccountNow cards are issued by AccountNow, Inc.

AccountNow® Prepaid Visa® Card