Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

MasterCard® Black Card™

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0% intro for 15 Billing Cycles on qualifying transfers
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 15.24%* Variable
  • Annual Fee $495; $195 for each additional user
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 15.24%* Variable

Our Take

The MasterCard® Black CardTM is aimed at consumers looking for a luxury credit card.

What to Like

There are a whole lot of perks to like, including 24/7 concierge services, a $100 annual airline credit, $100 toward a Global Entry application fee and more. There are more cool travel benefits too, like entry to VIP airport lounges and room upgrades at participating hotels. They’ll even mail you Luxury Gifts every once in a while.

Look Out For

This is a high-end card, so cardholders will usually have strong credit scores. There’s a $495 annual fee and an extra $195 annual fee for each additional user.

Nov 22, 2016
Great Card
RAR3 Cardholder

While I understand the comments others say about this card being a "bad' card or a "useless" card; I feel that they do not truly understand the card for it's worth.  Those that get this card for the material it is made out of or for the fact that it says "BLACK CARD" on it are getting it for the wrong reason(s).  I applied for this card when it was taken over by MasterCard and use it for about 80% of my daily purchases.  The points rack up and the pros do outweigh the cons.  I understand that this card isn't for everyone.  I also understand that the annual fee is very high for a card of it's kind.  However, when using it properly, the card will be worth the annual fee in the long hual.  Aside from this card, I also own the American Express Platinum and Citi Prestige cards.  I am acitve in all three of them and therefore see the positive side of having so many points split between the three cards.  Like I said before; this card isn't meant for everyone.  If you obtain the card for the purpose of looking "cool" than you are not going to like this card after paying the annual fee.  If you get this card because you are good with paying your debts, enjoy the extra attention from a credit card lendor, enjoy the perks of the card (which are not many but they do still count), and can afford and not mind paying the annual fee; than this card will be a good card for your wallet/purse.  The customer service was excellent and the application process was painless.  They started me off with a low credit limit but soon increased it after 6 months of having the card.

Jul 18, 2016
Good card
imginc1 Cardholder

This card gets a bad rep based on the previous version and the AF. In addition most people compare this card to the Amex Platinum card and to some extent they are correct. The big difference is the fact that this is a credit card and the Amex Platinum is a charge card. That being said, I have both. If you know how to maximize the rewards of this card than the AF is actually worth it. I spend roughly $300k on credit cards per year between my personal expenses and business expenses. I also travel quite a lot. With how I use this card I can justify the AF without any issues.

I have had this card for 6 months now and when I was approved, I was approved for a $10k limit. I believe so far I have put almost $20k through on this card without any issues. If you are someone that does not put but a few charges on this card per month with minimal charge amounts, this card may not be wprth it to you but it is a good card.

Aug 24, 2016

What were your credit scores and credit utilization rate when you got approved for this card ?

MasterCard® Black Card™