First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 14.49%* Variable

Jan 17, 2019
Jlbentley Cardholder

Getting this card is easy. Will boost your score at first but after that it’s a nightmare! They make it very difficult to pay your bill every month. You can only pay by check through the mail. Then they hold it for 10 days before they actually credit your account. I’m lucky if I even get a bill every month. Usually it’s like every other month that a bill actually shows up, so I end up just sending a check with my account number on it to pay my bill. They’ve on more then one occasion reported my account as past due. It’s like they purposely try to make it hard to pay your bill on time just so they can charge you and report you to the credit bureaus as a late payment. Don’t bother getting this card. It’s more of a headache then a help to your credit score.

Dec 10, 2018
Horrible payment system
CJsmall14 Cardholder

This card only helped my credit after the initial opening of the account. First thing you can only pay by mail or have your bank do bill pay. So you can’t use our debit card or by cash for faster processing. My bill is due in the 12th I submitted my payment on the 5th took 5 days to show as a ending payment on the website but still no available balance update for another 3-5 days. So it ties up your money and eventually you have a late payment. I closed the card after 2 months. They told me it takes 14 days to get my money back and if I want it  expedited I needed to fax in my request and it would come in 10 days vs 14.  WAY TOO MUCH OF A HEADACHE FIND ANOTHER CARD.

Feb 26, 2018
Too hard to make a payment with them

For some reason I have trouble signing into their website.  I also think they make it too hard to make a payment.  I would have closed this card, except I don't want to affect my average age of credit portion of our credit score.

Credit Score
Credit Limit
60+ Days Past Due Status
Age of Cardholder

Sample Size: 1,844
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card