3.5

Nov 20 2020
Great card; they canceled when I got a better job

I had this card for years, and I love its cash back feature. Recently, I paid off my card in 2-3 payments when I got a $20000 payment associated with my new, higher paying job. One of the payments bounced because even though I had the money available in the checking account I use for these payments, just because of bad planning on my part and Fidelity taking longer recently to post incoming ACH transfers. The credit company cancelled the credit card, which is particularly ironic because my income is much higher now.

Jan 29 2021
Elon bank is very poor carrier for a Fidelity Card

My credit score is over 750, my salary is over $200K annually and I have close to $500,000 in assets/investments with Fidelity and I only was approved for $2000 credit line. This card is useless to me. I can't even use it to book a vacation!

All reviews

Jan 29 2021
Elon bank is very poor carrier for a Fidelity Card

Nov 20 2020
Great card; they canceled when I got a better job

Nov 21 2019
Fidelity VISA is really Elan. AVOID!

Avoid this CC. Elan now 'manages' the Fidelity VISA card. Some shell company that is impossible to deal with, has terrible online and completely incompetant phone support service and gets a low one star rating for those reasons. Not just by me. If you google Elan, you will see many complaints about them. The only thing Fidelity about the Fidelity VISA card is the name on the card. I do not know why Fidelity has such a crappy company managing their VISA card. I am considering moving ALL my Fidelity accounds someplace else because of this garbage company they dragged in called Elan. Read: AVOID!

May 21 2019

I got approved for this card with a 717 credit score! I got approved for 20k!! I'm awesome they are awesome I get 2% cash back that I will put into my 401k and make this my main card. I'm a millennial and this it the millennials best card I know not everyone will get approved elan is very picky. If you get it than that just tells you your awesome. Have a great day

Dec 09 2018
Poor service

the card gives you the advantage of being able to deposit reward earned in an number of Fidelity brokerage accounts as well as redeeming the money in other ways. It has a solid 2% rewards rate with no max limit and no expiration. The interest rate is about average and comparable to other cards. Service is terrible. In a couple of occasions I have encountered customer reps with cavalier and rude attitudes who do not try their best to help customers.

Feb 12 2018
only card I use

I love this card! I haven't had any of the problems others are describing here. At the time I got approved, my Transunion/Equifax scores were in the 720s. Yes, it did do a hard inquiry, but it was worth it to get the bigger credit line than I had on my previous card! So my score has gone up 20-30 points after just 2 months because of my lower credit usage ratio and the 2% cash back. The only thing I don't use it for is gas because I get 3% back on gas with another card. I haven't had problems getting a transaction authorized or with the website/customer services. I will say, I probably wouldn't like this card as much if i were not a Fidelity account holder. That's the only way the cash back is worth it, but it's designed by Fidelity to help you build up your assets and save more than you spend over time.

Jan 28 2018
2% Cashback any categories

I've made this my main credit card after being approved about a year ago. After 12 months of daily usage, I can say the point redemption is very easy-I point it to my Fidelity account and funds automatically deposit into it each month at 2% of the prior month's purchase amount. Whats not to love about that? Granted their travel security is way too tight-I told them I was travelling and still my card was declined. This angers me because I had to use a card that gave me way less cashback-and had to sit on hold to have them turn the card back on-even after that call the card was still declined so I had to call back. If this is the only gripe though-I am happy. I earned hundreds and hundreds of dollars last year from this card. If you have your investments with Fidelity-this is a no brainer. If you have nothing with Fidelity, I would suggest a different card, since this card ties in with existing Fidelity accounts for points redemption.

Jan 10 2018

Ideologically, this is one of the best cards in the market. Instead of getting cash back that you immediately plow into more spending, this card financially encourages one to invest in a financial security that has the opportunity to grow (i.e. benefit your net worth). This is a significant change in philsophy and definitely affects my financial behaviour for the better. Lots of negative reviews on this card, and I don't understand why? The straight 2% reward across all categories is one of the best reward rates in the market. I have had no issues with the fraud department, and even if I did, that's for the protection of both the issues and the consumer (ME!), so I'm good with them learning my spending behaviour. As far as the website, it's easy to click to from the Fidelity site. There is an extra screen for logon, but again, that's serves as a protective measure from hackers that may have bots that automate logons. I'm good with clicking one additional button for the extra measure of financial security. Customer service has been exceptionally good. I asked to change my statemetn date from the middle of the month to the 1st of the month. No problem. Received a $50k credit limit from them, even though I'm a first time customer of Elan and US Bank. I have nothing but high marks for the rewards rate of this card, the customer service, and the investment-focused outlook. I discovered that there is no marketing kickback for credit websites on this card. All of the direct marketing comes from existing Fidelity customers, so I can see why there aren't a lot of reviews that rank this card high out in the financial blogosphere. There is no incentive for those guys to do it. Despite that, this is an excellent card that will make you richer, not poorer, so I highly recommend it.

Oct 05 2017

They did a hard credit check on me when I applied to the credit card. They were no clear warning that they would do a hard credit check.

Jun 14 2017
Being driven away from card I would like

I want to like this card, I really do. 2% is generous with the limit it offers, I can use it anywhere without issue, and I have never had trouble redeeming rewards for cash. But those are the ONLY positives I can think of about this card. The website is the WORST credit card website I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. My credit union credit card, which has a few hundred users, has a better website. Just horrible. Everything about it: logging in is burdensome, how you have to click through an extra screen to navigate anywhere, how once a payment has posted you can see no details of it, how there is no search functionalilty at all for transactions, how customer service cannot even look up web transaction details, and on and on. Customer service is also slow due to long wait times and unhelpful, frequently, when you talk to them. Oh, and if fraud is detected on your account, you are just locked out of your online account without explanation and have to call customer service to unlock you when having a two-factor "unlock" functionality on the website with a mobile device would be faster and more pleasant.. Recently, I have encountered payment issues (payments never sent but registered as such) which I am certain are Fidelity's fault. Until Fidelity redesigns their website, I can't recommend this card. I love the generosity of the rewards, but everything else about it is either very mediocre or absolutely horrible. Not worth the heartache. The moment I find a better card, I'm going to just let it sit unused.