3.3

Oct 06, 2016
HARD process but got $5,000

APP SPREE:Fidelity? Rewards Visa Signature? ~*Approved For $5,000*~ I have had accounts with Fidelity for almost 20+ years. I currently have a cash account, investment and trading accounts. So this card was the one I wanted the most! When I applied I got the "Will need to further review and can take up to 30 days". Instead of waiting I called the recon # to speak to a specialist directly. This one turned out to be the hardest process to get. They wanted to verify my income, identity, wanted to know why I wanted to get the card and asked me about the other recent inquiries. I was transferred multiple times and had to explain this information to each person I talked to. Each was about a 10 minute process so was almost on the phone for 45 minutes. They came to apologize multiple times despite me telling them they didnt have to. So they were very courteous but lengthy and thorough to get approved for. They actually pulled my highest credit score Transunion (794) so I can only imagine if they had pulled my lower scores. But they offer a unique bonus structure and I look forward to it helping me invest even more: My Sign Up Bonus: Unlimited 2% cash-back Every net $1 spent equals rewards points No limits on reward points and no restrictive categories Points will not expire Your Fidelity? Rewards Visa Signature? Card is Digital Wallet-enabled for: Apple PayTM Samsung Pay AndroidTM Pay Link to Fidelity accounts Deposit your rewards4, 5 into one account or divide them among several. You can even use your rewards to fund a loved one's account. Choose from up to 5 eligible accounts6, including: Brokerage account Fidelity? Cash Management Account Fidelity-managed 529 College Savings plan Retirement account See how 2% rewards can really add up Enjoy valuable card benefits7 Freedom to earn and redeem The Fidelity? Rewards Visa Signature? Card has no rewards point caps, expirations, or restrictive categories. No annual fee You won't be charged a yearly fee just for having the card2. Enhanced transaction security The EMV chip technology embedded in the card helps protect you from in-store fraud when you make purchases at chip-activated terminals. Zero fraud liability8 Feel confident that you won't be held responsible for any charges you didn't authorize. Signature travel and shopping offers Enjoy hotel and transportation discounts, a best available rate guarantee, beverage credits, and special offers at premium retailers. Visa Signature? Concierge9 Access 24 hour complimentary assistance with everything from booking travel to getting concert tickets for your favorite musician. 24/7 Cardmember support Rely on a U.S.-based customer service team to be available at any time, day or night. Worldwide acceptance Use this card at millions of places, both in the U.S. and globally.

Jan 29, 2021
Elon bank is very poor carrier for a Fidelity Card

My credit score is over 750, my salary is over $200K annually and I have close to $500,000 in assets/investments with Fidelity and I only was approved for $2000 credit line. This card is useless to me. I can't even use it to book a vacation!

Jan 14, 2022
Fidelity Credit Card issued by Elan Financial SVCS

Worst Credit Card out there! Stay away from this card! First of all it will eventually give you headaches. When I first got approved for this card, I made several large purchases to take advantage of the low rate. I paid it off with a few months, however, when I tried to make a balance transfer of $1,000 my card was closed the next day. I called and they said due to being a risk to them they had closed the account. I always made on time payments and never went over my credit limit, however somehow they thought I was a risk just when I tried to do a balance transfer. If they do no like to deal with balance transfers, they should just not offer it! Fidelity is great, their only problem is associating with Elan Financial Svcs to issue their credit cards.

Jan 06, 2022
Fair Terms, Terrible-Terrible Service (Elan)

Overall, the card is OK. Rewards program is cheap/weak compared to just about any other (and annoying in how they try to deceive by showing a "value" you can redeem for, but in reality that's a limited option), but rate is low. However, the service pretty much sucks and is outsourced to Elan Financial (very bad). Most recently, got called during business hours from number not listed on Fidelity's website with unintelligible message (heavy, heavy accent) or otherwise notified (immediately suspect).  Called the number back after researching the calling number (which indicated it could be legitimate (50/50 feedback) and picked by "cardmember services" robot and put on hold.  Disconnected.  Tried to access my account online.  Able to login to Fidelity and see summary data, but attempt accessing card transactions or even making a payment all failed with SSO error (generic).  Called tech support number given and received immediate help that indicated there was a "flag on the account" and that she just needed to "get an agent on the line to verify" some stuff.  21 minutes later still waiting on hold. Finally get the "agent" on the line, and I have to read my card # out (after already providing identifying/verification information to the tech support person who transferred me. Then, she verifies name, address, SSN (last four), and phone number.   Then she verifies that I made the transaction.   Then, she sends an OTP via text for me to verify as a final step. Given the information exchanged, the same level of verification could have been obtained by using the OTP at transaction time or even just before.   Ironically, the OTP came from the same shortcode used by BBVA (so Fidelity is actually paying for their customers to have this kind of wasteful and frustrating experience).  Someone should definitely give which ever Product Manager implemented this product a big raise...  How hard would have been to just copy others who know how to do this without having humans have to perform the duties that OOTB software already does for Fidelity's competitors. Horrible customer experience.  Wasted time waiting to verify something that could have happened in automated fashion (same information!) and never should have been placed in the first place (given that the transaction was initiated from an online portal for which 2FA already happened and a client machine whose trust should have already been known given the literal 100's of times that machine/browser had connected).   How can such a massive organization with all the advantages of scale produce such crappy implementations?  Corporate stupidity. Incompent middle management driving dumb projects to justify their existence.  Sad that their costs eventual pass to the consumer.

Jan 29, 2021
Elon bank is very poor carrier for a Fidelity Card

Nov 20, 2020
Great card; they canceled when I got a better job

I had this card for years, and I love its cash back feature. Recently, I paid off my card in 2-3 payments when I got a $20000 payment associated with my new, higher paying job. One of the payments bounced because even though I had the money available in the checking account I use for these payments, just because of bad planning on my part and Fidelity taking longer recently to post incoming ACH transfers. The credit company cancelled the credit card, which is particularly ironic because my income is much higher now.

Nov 21, 2019
Fidelity VISA is really Elan. AVOID!

Avoid this CC. Elan now 'manages' the Fidelity VISA card. Some shell company that is impossible to deal with, has terrible online and completely incompetant phone support service and gets a low one star rating for those reasons. Not just by me. If you google Elan, you will see many complaints about them. The only thing Fidelity about the Fidelity VISA card is the name on the card. I do not know why Fidelity has such a crappy company managing their VISA card. I am considering moving ALL my Fidelity accounds someplace else because of this garbage company they dragged in called Elan. Read: AVOID!

May 21, 2019

I got approved for this card with a 717 credit score! I got approved for 20k!! I'm awesome they are awesome I get 2% cash back that I will put into my 401k and make this my main card. I'm a millennial and this it the millennials best card I know not everyone will get approved elan is very picky. If you get it than that just tells you your awesome. Have a great day

Dec 09, 2018
Poor service

the card gives you the advantage of being able to deposit reward earned in an number of Fidelity brokerage accounts as well as redeeming the money in other ways. It has a solid 2% rewards rate with no max limit and no expiration. The interest rate is about average and comparable to other cards. Service is terrible. In a couple of occasions I have encountered customer reps with cavalier and rude attitudes who do not try their best to help customers.

Feb 12, 2018
only card I use

I love this card! I haven't had any of the problems others are describing here. At the time I got approved, my Transunion/Equifax scores were in the 720s. Yes, it did do a hard inquiry, but it was worth it to get the bigger credit line than I had on my previous card! So my score has gone up 20-30 points after just 2 months because of my lower credit usage ratio and the 2% cash back. The only thing I don't use it for is gas because I get 3% back on gas with another card. I haven't had problems getting a transaction authorized or with the website/customer services. I will say, I probably wouldn't like this card as much if i were not a Fidelity account holder. That's the only way the cash back is worth it, but it's designed by Fidelity to help you build up your assets and save more than you spend over time.

Jan 28, 2018
2% Cashback any categories

I've made this my main credit card after being approved about a year ago. After 12 months of daily usage, I can say the point redemption is very easy-I point it to my Fidelity account and funds automatically deposit into it each month at 2% of the prior month's purchase amount. Whats not to love about that? Granted their travel security is way too tight-I told them I was travelling and still my card was declined. This angers me because I had to use a card that gave me way less cashback-and had to sit on hold to have them turn the card back on-even after that call the card was still declined so I had to call back. If this is the only gripe though-I am happy. I earned hundreds and hundreds of dollars last year from this card. If you have your investments with Fidelity-this is a no brainer. If you have nothing with Fidelity, I would suggest a different card, since this card ties in with existing Fidelity accounts for points redemption.

Jan 10, 2018

Ideologically, this is one of the best cards in the market. Instead of getting cash back that you immediately plow into more spending, this card financially encourages one to invest in a financial security that has the opportunity to grow (i.e. benefit your net worth). This is a significant change in philsophy and definitely affects my financial behaviour for the better. Lots of negative reviews on this card, and I don't understand why? The straight 2% reward across all categories is one of the best reward rates in the market. I have had no issues with the fraud department, and even if I did, that's for the protection of both the issues and the consumer (ME!), so I'm good with them learning my spending behaviour. As far as the website, it's easy to click to from the Fidelity site. There is an extra screen for logon, but again, that's serves as a protective measure from hackers that may have bots that automate logons. I'm good with clicking one additional button for the extra measure of financial security. Customer service has been exceptionally good. I asked to change my statemetn date from the middle of the month to the 1st of the month. No problem. Received a $50k credit limit from them, even though I'm a first time customer of Elan and US Bank. I have nothing but high marks for the rewards rate of this card, the customer service, and the investment-focused outlook. I discovered that there is no marketing kickback for credit websites on this card. All of the direct marketing comes from existing Fidelity customers, so I can see why there aren't a lot of reviews that rank this card high out in the financial blogosphere. There is no incentive for those guys to do it. Despite that, this is an excellent card that will make you richer, not poorer, so I highly recommend it.