Chase Sapphire Reserve® Reviews

Cardholders' Choice i

• Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Dec 18, 2018
Not special thing and to much processing
Arashiran Cardholder

This card waist my time and energy FOR NOTHING.
Why chase bank ask many nonsense questions from customers?

Feb 22, 2019

Because they are trying to verify it’s you. I recently moved and my updated address did not match my credit report. So they had to ask questions. It’s not a big deal, it’s for your protection and theirs.

Nov 11, 2018
NOT WORTH CRAZY PRICE
ouellette210 Cardholder

Get a real travel card from a company that actual pretands to care when you pay them this much money and has the expertise to back it up. Chase doesn't give a **** if your strandrad in some grassfield airport with no hotel, it's too busy figging new reasons to cancal your account for random reasons. Pay from two banks too many times in a nonth. That's a closed account. Buy too many Amazon gift cards. That's a closed account. Look crosseyed, that's closed account. You don't need the stress of being cancelled whenever Chase randomly feels like messing with you.

Dec 30, 2018

It’s not in a banks best interest to randomly mess with you. From your comments I would guess they were concerned with some type of fraud.

Jan 18, 2019

I don't think they closed your account for buying too much. They will if you don't pay them enough, as if one or more of your bank accounts rejected a payment. That's probably what happened

Nov 11, 2018
Terrible service from Chase
SCHNOODLE3 Cardholder

Chase invited to apply for this card from my online acccount so that seems that I would be preapproved, especially as I have been a credit, banking, loan and mortgage customer for over 25 years. They appproved, sent me the card about 5 days latter. Two days latter I go online and my account is closed. What kind of horrible way to ttreatit a customer. Why even approve it, let alone send a card.  Typical of the kind of terrible experiences others get from Chase.

Oct 08, 2018
Awful
Kevin7780 Cardholder

I had the card for 1 week and they closed the account because I didn't use it quick enough and because of concerns they had. So if you had concerns why give me a card then close it a week later... So now I'll have a hard hit on my credit and another for them closing it... Thanks Chase....

Will never open a Chase account again. I'll stick to capital one...

Oct 08, 2018

I would call them and find out what concerns that they had. It’s not in a banks best interest to open and close an account that quick unless there was a good reason.

Aug 05, 2018
Too good to be true
Melip8no Cardholder

This is SUPPOSED to be a travel card! First, they denied my friend the referral bonus right of the bat with some fabricated excuse why it didn't qualify. I ignored the warning sign because the perks seemed great... until you're stranded in a small village with no money and no help from your credit card company when they decide to lock your account, even though you reported the travel dates. The customer service reps all read from the same script, unwilling to be helpful. They each said to go to a bank, which I would have done if there WAS a bank. The most they could offer was to send me a new card in 3-5 business days, not knowing how long it would take to get to Ecuador. When I told them my flight is in 2 days and I just needed bus fare, they both didn't offer to think outside the box and unapologetically said they couldn't help. Even when I wrote customer service, I received the same scripted responses. Chase is a large corporation that doesn't actually care. I wish my Chase card was stolen instead of my American Express, because they understood the gravity of the situation and saved me. Now I've gone back to my original travel card. This one is too risky

Aug 05, 2018

Don’t go to villages where they steal your cash and your Amex but not your Chase card. Fishy review.

Sep 09, 2018

I've had the same thing happen to me in Vietnam. However, all my stuff was stolen. Its a really helpless feeling. I feel for you bro.

Sep 20, 2018

This review is biased and unprofessional. What do you expect chase to do ? Send you your card on a private jet because you pay a lousy fee ? they have policy and procedure they have to follow, and once a card is sent to you, it's on the delivery agent to get it to you. next time actually pay attention

Jul 14, 2018
Denied after "Very Good" Rating from CK

EF 720, TU 724, EX 705.  Deined after call the reconsideration line due to a discharged bankruptcy in 2015. Currently I have 8 credit cards with limits up to 6k and a auto loan. Income is 150+ per year. Credit Karama got this VERY WRONG, and now I'm stuck with a inquiry on my report. Applied for the Barclays World Card and was approved instantly.

Jul 17, 2018

why are you listed as a card holder if you got rejected... Not fair to leave the card a bad review for taking CK's (paid) advice too seriously. The inquiry will only last a year and will have a minimal effect within months, don't worry.

Jul 20, 2018

You recently had a bankruptcy discharged? Chase is not a fan of that. The CSR is an Infinite Visa so thats a min of a 10K limit. You currently have no cards or credit history near a 10k limit and just had a bankruptcy discharged. I could have told you that would have gotten rejected. Dont blame the bank, that info is easily available. 5k for a Signature Visa min and 10k for a Visa Infinite is the min CL to hold these.

Jul 20, 2018

Credit Karma even has disclosures that their approval ratings are based on averages. You have a special case involving a bankruptcy but decent scores. Credit Karma’s approval rating didn’t apply to you completely, it’s not their fault, you should’ve done more of your own research.

I made a similar mistake tbh, I had scores similar to yours but had a balance of $16k revolving on my cards.
That’s way too high considering my income and total available credit. Just because my scores are ok for the card, doesn’t mean Chase will accept me for a $10k minimum credit limit card when I have debt higher than that. I had excellent approval rating but was denied, I’m sure you’re getting an idea why. And it’s neither the card’s fault, not the banks, nor Credit Karma’s.

Please remove your review, as valuable as the information on your review is, it’s in the wrong place.

Jul 27, 2018

I think the reason why you got denied it’s because of the Chase 5/24 rule which mean if you open a 5 credit card with in 2 years weather it is Chase or other issuer. Chase will automatically rejected you. Hope make sense to you now.

May 18, 2018
Unfair
Trishnichols Cardholder

I applied and was approved for 24,000 CL. A week later, they closed my account stating I didnt have a long enough credit history. This created a hard inquiry on my credit for nothing.

May 19, 2018

Did you make any calls to customer service about the matter?

May 26, 2018

How new is your credit?

Jul 17, 2018

How did this happen? Wouldn't they just reduce your limit to the lowest (10K)? Did you actually receive the card or was it cancelled before it was even sent?

Aug 03, 2018

CK says very good odds of approval. I was approved by capital one venture for 20k CL with only a good odds rating from CK, but for Chase Sapphire Reserved, I was declined even though my total credit card debt currently is $300. 3 active cards one with $300 other two has zero balance. I called reconsideration line and was told because of the BK on my record (discharged 2011). No lates or negative report since then. So now I am stuck with a hard inquiry just because I trusted CK's approval odds. :(

Apr 19, 2019

Chase is good for closing accounts for no reason. When they closed mine, they didn’t even inform me. I found out when I called to inquire about what was taking my card so long to arrive. Then when I asked why, they said that they don’t have provide this information and can they have the right close accounts at their discretion. They are unbelievable.

Chase Sapphire Reserve®