IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card Reviews

• Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable

Jul 23, 2019
1 yr. review!
Ligre22 Cardholder

Well folks, it's been a year since I got this card, and I love it so far!  I cashed in some points and my wife and I got a VERY discounted stay at Holiday Inn By the Bay in Portland, Maine!  All I had to pay was the parking fee for the hotel for a few nights, and that was it.  We got a real nice room on the top (11th) floor, the wi-fi was excellent, and the free drink amenity was worth it as well!  I've also been able to snag a great deal of bonus points for my cell phone and car insurance bills (5x for 3 months), and it also feels good to be able to score a free night anywhere in the world where there's an IHG hotel. :)  All in all, this card is well worth $89 a year and I don't plan on getting rid of, or downgrading, it.  Just awesome...thank you again, Chase!!

Aug 08, 2019

What was your credit score when applied for this? Its telling me that its fair if i applied but afraid of getting denied just because its a chase and they have denied me already.

Oct 27, 2018
SHOCKED and Very Pleased!
Fabled1 Cardholder

So I am about to take a trip and will be staying at an Intercontinental Hotel in Porto Portugal so when I saw this offer for 80,000 pts after using the card for $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months I figured I had nothing to lose since the card gives 10 pts per dollar at the hotel as well as 2 pts for every dollar at gas stations and provides a free night on your card anniversary.  So my FICO is 707, Vantage is 724, the cards I have include the Citi Advantage Platinum Mastercard (CL $13,060), Citi Advantage Executive Platinum World Elite Mastercard ($13,000), Barclays Aviator Mastercard (CL $14,400), SchoolsFirst Mastercard-credit union (CL $7,000), Amex Everyday Cash (CL $10,000), Amex Cash Magnet (CL $10,000), Chase Amazon Prime (CL $5,000), Chase Slate (CL $4,100), and while I saw the same card with an offer of 50,000 pts I found and applied onlie via thepointsguy site which had the 80,000 pts offer.  I was shocked that Chase instantly approved me with a $28,400 Credit Limit! To be fair, I keep my balances at zero on almost all my cards except the Chase Slate which was a balance transfer card with 0 apr for 15 months and only have $2,300 on there.  Depending on when the credit cards report my balances through the month I likely always have less than $5000 on them collectively as I pay them off several times a month to avoid interest payments which are generally punitive.  I'll be able to use this IHG Card with no foreign transaction fees on my trip before Thanksgiving, and though there is an allowance for Global Entry, I already have it and have the allowance on my Citi Advantage Executive Platinum World Elite Mastercard and I might have it on the Aviator as well, but it's still a great perk and if you fly enough to want to avoid Customs/Immigration lines, get Global Entry as it makes life much easier and you waste less time.

IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card