1.7

Sep 05, 2019
Weak

Zero customer service.

Aug 11, 2019
Terrible service. Inefficient people.

This card is a rip ripoff and more trouble than it's worth. They keep asking you to send a fax about your bank account even though I've did it twice. And then they threaten to freeze your account. Am cancelling it tomorrow. Not worth it. If you want to build credit go with merit bank. They also increase your credit line after a while.

Aug 05, 2019

Application process was easy. They made it very easy to apply for a card that they charge a monthly fee for and never tell you about the fee during the application process. Trying to close the account is a different story. I figured this out the hard way as soon as I found out about the outrageous fees and wanted to close the account. They make you jump through hoops and customer service is of no help. No wonder their stock is going in the toilet, I hope the company goes under.

Apr 22, 2019
Inuit Green Dot Prepaid

Intuit signed me up for a GreenDot card, without my permission. It took 4 days to figure out that who was responsible - Green Dot or Intuit. Both claimed I didn't have an account. Green Dot finally admitted that someone had set up an account in my name, and my refund was there. They then refused me access, saying I would need to pay for a new card, and then re-set up an account, all the while, my social and date of birth failed to bring up an account in their automated system. The first rep 'blocked' the account, and then hung up on me. The second refused to do anything until I sent her my driver's license, Social, and utility bill to an unsecured email. Given that they'd pretty much admitted to allowing somoene to steal my identity, I was not willing to do so. She then said she could try to have someone call me back, but it could take up to a month for anything to get fixed. I know it's pennies on the dollars. But it's not even the tax refund now - my identiy is possibly been stolen and their response was to make it worse. Not better.

Apr 16, 2019
Horrible!

Exorbitant fees. Too many better choices out there than this horrible, money sucking card.

Jan 24, 2019
Worst system ever what a complete rip of

Be prepared to pay for everything just to use your own money

Dec 19, 2018
Don't Buy Green Dot Visa Debit Cards

I have 4 visa debit cards with $500 on each card. I can not withdraw the cash from my ATM. It keeps saying that it's the wrong pin #. I know it's the right pin #. When I activated the cards a window pops up saying the information is not correct, when I double, triple checked the number, expiration date, and the 3 # on the back of the card, still does not sync. I have tried to change the pin # but yet again it says the wrong pin. It shows the balance on the cards $500 each card. However, you can't get the money out. What good is it if you can't get the money from these cards. I don't want to use it to pay bills or anything else. I want the cash. Even when you go on to their website, you can't register more than one card at a time. So, next, I'll try using one card and see if that works at the ATM and then come back and register another, so on and so forth. What a waste of time and energy this has caused me not to say the stress this has been just trying to cash these cards. Total WASTE, would not get these cards for anyone and don't buy them. I was going to use these for Christmas gifts, but if I can't get the money from them I might have to have a few people disappointed. When I try calling the support number, no one there knows what to do. They keep saying the same thing over and over. "Oh, not sure, it should work at the ATM".....YES, I know it should but it's not. Ask them to check the card to make sure all the numbers and balance are correct. they say "Sorry, we have not the way of checking, just go to your bank and to the ATM, you should be able to get money from ATM" JOKE, JOKE!! I definitely would not purchase these cards as a gift for someone, imagine giving a person a gift card and they not being able to use it. Ridiculous!!!

Nov 21, 2018
Not as advertised direct deposit

Nonsense card I deposit over $1000 a month and still get charged a fee. Direct deposit does not go in early, can't use the card to fuel up at the pump

Jul 13, 2018
Not worth the time and effort

After a few initial problems with their online verification system, the card largely performs as expected. However, upon making my first purchase and subsequent payment, I find out my card was blocked when I next go to use the card again. After calling, I was later told that I needed to verify that the payment source I used to pay my balace was an accounty actually owned by me (which it indeed was). But, THEY NEVER CALLED ME, EMAILED ME, or attempted to contact me by mail egarding this requirement. Plus, THEY PROCESSED THE PAYMENT! if they were so concerned about verifying the owner of the account, why did they accept the funds? It seems like this is a company that does not have its act together. I just cancelled my card.

Jun 04, 2018
WORSE CUSTOMERS SERVICE

AVOID THIS CARD AT ALL COST. FEE'S FOR EVERYTHING. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. 60 TO 90 MINUTES HOLD TIME IF YOU CALL. THEY CHARGE YOU MONTHLY, CHARGE YOU TO ADD MONEY, THE PLACE YOU ADD MONEY CHARGES YOU. THEIR APP IS USELESS IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET A REFUND ON A PAYMENT SENT IN ERROR. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.