Credit Card Reviews

Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa Card

42 Cardholder Reviews

Results 1-10 of 42Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

BEWARE!! EXTREME RIP OFF Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

My company put $250 on a Green Dot prepaid visa so an employee would have a card for travel expenses. We were never able to get the card to work and 2 years later still trying to get our money back. Green Dot charges $5.95 month in management fees so they are slowly eating away the cash on the card. When we call the 866-795-7597 number we get at least 3 "customer service reps" (and I use the term very loosley) who bounce us around on hold with no resolution. This company is a complete fraud!!!

orsunbear's review was:

Jan 15, 2014 Reply

orsunbear(2, 2)

Review by orsunbear

HORRIBLE

I got this for my teenager so she can use this online instead of my debit cards. HUGE mistake! I put a good amount of money in it for her but when she was ordering they always got declined, and even though they were declined it would still charge the card! I was furious and called customer service but they were no help! If only I could give this card & company zero stars. Do not recommend and will never repurchase .

Apr 14, 2014 Reply
Green Dot is a Fraud!!!

I received a green dot card as a gift.  Please don't do this to anyone that you care about.  Tried to activate it, the site wouldn't take the information.  Emailing for help doesn't work.  Wasted time and frustration over a gift, no less.  I will file a complaint with the attorney general's office here in Louisiana.  This is criminal.

Apr 05, 2014 Reply
Not a customer service minded business

My son is now living in Brazil for the next 15 or so months. Was tiold not to take cash, but that cards like Greendot would be invaluable. The card worked great for the first few months, but was recently placed on hold due to questionable activity. I spoke with a rep(not very helpful) who cleared all the purchases as I stated they were done by my son. After placing me on hold for several to "varify" something she told me that greendot was no longer valid in Brazil for security concerns, and this was one of the stipulations of the card. That is that they could cancel where it is used at any time. I will hopefully get the refunded money, as I quickley cancelled the card. My advice, stay away from this company. Do not expect to speak to a supervisor, as that is apparantly not an option with them. Who you get on the phone is all you get on the phone. Horrible customer service and no real cares to make it better. Trying now to find a reputable card source that will allow it use in Brazil. Stay away from this card!!!!

Feb 24, 2014 Reply
Green dot credit card is horrible

For this day and age this company is not  user friendly at all, I you pay for the service and turn around being put to work to spend your own money. And there no warranty the card would work. No more business with this company from me.

Feb 22, 2014 Reply
SCAM!

Green Dot has my money.  I don't.  Enough said.  Try online help?  Forget it.  Get a live person?  Forget it.  Get your money back?  Forget it.  Wanna get a Green Dot card?  Forget it.  Better to give your cash to a stranger on the street to "hold it for ya."

At least there is a street to start looking for the ahole that has your money.  Green Dot is just a webpage.  A web page with my money!

Feb 11, 2014 Reply
THEY SUCK!

I've had this account for 3 years, NEVER had a problem, UNTIL 2/5/2014 I went to use my card, I had HUNDREDS on there, card got declined for $18, I used a different card, went to my car, called them up to see WHY my purchase was delclined...They informed me, I used all of my balance about an hour ago at a grocery store! I said WHAT!? I haven't been to a grocery store today, which one? THEY SAID IN BRAZIL!!!! I went OFF!!! How can I be in Brazil and Calif at the same time!? I have my card, nobody has EVER seen my pin number, in fact, I had JUST changed my pin the night before (because I kept forgetting it) THEY SHOP NOT HAVE LET THAT CHARGE HAPPEN TO BEGIN WITH FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY!.....BUT IT GETS WORSE!!!! The charge was PENDING, I said well this is EASY, STOP THE CHARGE, I DIDN'T MAKE IT!!! They said "We can't stop the charge, there's NOTHING we can do for you until it posts" in other words, AFTER THEY STEAL MY MONEY!!! They took every dime I had!!! NOW, I had to wait DAYS for it to post, NOW I have to wait 10 - 45 days for them to investigate the DISPUTE! are you kidding me!?!? THE MINUTE I GET MY MONEY BACK, CLOSING THAT ACCOUNT!!!

Feb 08, 2014 Reply

A $100 card was purchased @ Ralph and was given to me for my b-day. Activation is required, but you also need to register and provide your information (as if you are applying for a credit card) before you can use for purchase. CRS was unfriendly and not helpful, they sound like a recorder answering questions
PLEASE DO NOT PICK THIS CARD FOR A GIFT....THIS IS A BIG MARKETING SCAM!!!

Feb 07, 2014 Reply
Card Par Excellence!

I've had my GreenDot card for 6 years, never EVER had a problem.
I got 2 cards for my kids, I can put money in their hands in 15 minutes across the country.

I have direct deposit, so I have never had to pay a monthly fee, and very rarely do I pay an ATM fee. I always ask for cash back when I buy something.

This is the best of all worlds, I can do Billpay, automatic payments for recurring bills, and the few times I've ever had to call them, got through immediately.

No other bank in the world can give me totally free banking. Granted it doesn't pay me interest, but then again, the .0075% interest on your bank card isn't worth the ink it took to print it.

Nothing but good for GreenDot!!!

To those unhappy customers...try reading your information. You just might learn something.

Feb 04, 2014 Reply
WORST GIFT CARD EVER!!!!!

We recieved this Green Dot gift card for our wedding as a present. I registered the card in advance so we would be able to use it at a later date.After the card was declined I called. The balance had had gone from $50 to $8. I called and they said their was a 5.95 charge every month fee. This is a total rip off... So for anyone that is buying gifts for people this card is NOT at all worth your money. It is a total scam to make money!!!

Jan 28, 2014 Reply
Results 1-10 of 42Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa Card

Cardholder Rating Distribution (42)

Top Similar Cards

Columbus Bank and Trust Company, also known as CB&T, issues credit and check cards that range basic to rewards. Credit card products include Purchase Perks Visa Platinum, Cash Rewards Visa Platinum, Business Visa Business Platinum, and Visa Platinum credit card. Two levels of rewards card programs are available, the Purchase Perks or Purchase Perks Premier, depending on a choice of available travel, shopping, and dining rewards. A notable, consumer-friendly feature of CB&T is the Credit Partner program that helps customers going through difficult times, such as disability or job loss, make minimum monthly payments.

Columbus Bank and Trust Company offers banking services from checking to savings to loans and more. CB&T operates under the holding company Synovus, based in Columbus, Georgia. Columbus Bank and Trust Company has branch locations and ATMs in Georgia.

Green Dot® Gold Prepaid Visa Card