• Balance Transfer Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 26.99%* Variable

no good
fatbamaboy Cardholder

capital one will send ya  paper work from sheriff if you renig on payments so hard learning lesson for me,,i had $3000 credit limit so took cruise n had nother $2500 ca[ital one card,,took nother cruise so 14 cruises later im paying them back court oredered so to me i wouldnt waist my time on capital one or credit one cards same thing,,,,i had this quick silver $3000 ,,,,capital one dont fool with ya n i dont fool with them

Feb 10, 2020

What the...? You're giving Capital One a bad review because *you* didn't pay your credit card bills??? 😳

Feb 10, 2020

Uhm. You're mad because they wanted the miney nack that your borrowed??

Feb 11, 2020

So basically you took a cruise (twice), messed up BOTH your accounts and it’s their fault? They trusted you with over $5000. Wow

Feb 11, 2020

U sound dumb lol it’s your own you in debt smh

Fault

Feb 12, 2020

What in the world are you even saying? You take cruises and expect them to pay for it?

Feb 12, 2020

You took 14 cruises and expect to not have to pay for them?!?! Do you know how a credit card works?? Lol

Feb 13, 2020

The comments on this post have me cracking up! This has got to be the funniest (and most ridiculous) thing I've ever read during my time here! 😂

Feb 16, 2020

Oh How dare Capital One Sue you for their money this is Beyond me lmao

Feb 19, 2020

Oh my wow!! 😂😂

Feb 21, 2020

You're so dumb. I hope you see our comments.

Feb 21, 2020

LMAFDGDFFHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jan 19, 2020
It's ok, when it's not restricted
Noneclose Cardholder

Got approved for $500 limit, used it, and once balance posted on the app, I immediately paid it off. Then without any notice Capital One put my card on "restricted" right before Christmas. They said I have to send them paperwork for "fraud protection", my payment went through without issues from my bank, so clearly that's my bank account. I had sent them the paperwork they needed and no one knew where my paperwork went to, and they want me to send it again...When Capital One asks, "What's in your wallet?" , all I can say is a card you approved and now a restricted card.

Dec 31, 2019
Don't Build Credit Score
Flo30 Cardholder

I have had this Credit Card Quicksilver One for about 5 to 6 months and my credit score is still at same score 688. I use 10% of my limit every month just the way I built my credit score from 0 to 700 in 8 months before i applied for this card. The only good review about this card is increase of my credit limit and the cash back. If I knew it wasn't going to help build my credit score I won't have applied for it; it's just a gain on the bank, not for both side as a customer or user of this Capital One Quicksilver One Credit Card.

Jan 29, 2020

It actually does. My utilization was higher one month and my scores took a small hit. I fixed it and they went up again, as I knew they would. Could be they're not reporting for you. I would contact support.

Oct 17, 2019
Not a customer driven company
Mossmed Cardholder

Use to be a great card, Capital One use to have pretty good customer service.  They no longer do.  I have been with Capital One for over 7 years, I had this card for right at 3-4 years.  I have never been late on a single payment.  I made a payment with them, and for some reason it was reversed.  Apparently they do not have to notify you.  I had the card shut down, and had closed everything with them due to issues with their banking customer service was rude.  I did not know until I received an alert on my credit.  After filing a complaint with the BBB and the CFPB, they investigated.  Their investigator did not come back and say hey so this is our policy, but because you were unaware, and took care of all balances immediately, and paid on time we will let this slide.  Now you are informed that we do not have to notify you, so check your closed account like a hawk.  Nope they came back and said we are not required to notify you so too bad.  If this is a behavior you can live with, this company will be okay.  Not very customer oriented, and shows me how they feel about their consumers.

Sep 18, 2019
Not so hot waste of time
Helen19103 Cardholder

I have 2 capital 1 credit cards almost 2 years and no credit limit increases and i pay on time thinking of paying them off and close the accounts

Oct 01, 2019

If you close the accounts that credit history will be erased

Oct 11, 2019

My 1st card with the platinum I went fro. $ 300 starting to $800 with my first 2 cycles, but I paid early. Was just offered this quick silver, debating it the letter said no annual fee but says $ 39 on here

Oct 15, 2019

7maiposa7 the annual fee may be waived for the first year of the card depending. Read into the details on the letter received

Sep 03, 2019
Talas40 Cardholder

They gave me an increase after the first 6 months. 10 months later and there hasn't been another increase,they want me to request an increase so they can put a hard inquiry on my credit report. Since inquirys stay on your credit report for 2 yrs' i refuse to ask for an increase for any of my credit cards. Premier credit card is pretty good,they will increase your credit, however it is very minimal.$200 - $300. It's better than having to get an inquiry that will be on your credit report for 2 **** years.

Sep 07, 2019

They don’t put a hard inquiry when you request an increase. I’ve requested them and received them several times with out an inquiry and it says on their site that they never apply a hard inquiry for an increase. Even if they turn you down.

Sep 21, 2019

Capital One does not do hard inquiries on credit line increases. They told me to try as often as I like, but realistically they only consider increases every 6 months.

Nov 06, 2019

Cap1 does not do a hard inquiry for increase.

Feb 19, 2020

You were a couple months early to receive an increase, it'susually every 6 months. Can also ask every day if you have the energy but it won't be an inquiry on your credit report.

Aug 17, 2019
Scott71175 Cardholder

Ok card if you need to rebuild or start credit, but otherwise I’d leave it be. After two years of having this card, my CL has increased from $300-$600. Always pay on time but yet they still won’t raise it. Capital One Auto Finance loaned for my truck for me ($27,000). Have a Discover and Citi card now with a $7,600 & $3,600 CL so CO just sits in my wallet and reports $0 balance every month. At least I get that Firth’s $39 AF.

Aug 18, 2019

Why wouldn’t you just cancel that card then if it’s costing you an annual fee and you don’t use it? If you others with larger lines of credit and CO is sitting with only an annual fee? Or do they not charge it if you don’t use it?

Aug 24, 2019

What did you mean at the end?

Jan 04, 2020

The credit history would erase if the card was cancelled

Aug 07, 2019
Cscottunder Cardholder

The card is ok but they advertised the “regular” Quicksilver card intro offeee ($150), and then get you to sign up for the QuicksilverOne that doesn’t have the offer and charges an a gal fee if $39 to add to the insult.  I’ll be closing my account and going to Discover it.

Aug 03, 2019
Okay card but..
jule660 Cardholder

Capital One has a habit of changing their statement and due dates with no notice. I always pay my cards off before I know my statement is going to be made. Last month was no different. Problem was, they decided to suddenly change their statement and due date on my card with NO notice. So, I had paid my card off, waited a few days for my statement to come out, and then started using it again. Problem is, they never gave me a statement for July. Since I started using it again and they decided to make my statement a little less than 2 weeks after they were supposed to.. I had a balance on my card when they finally decided to make one. I called several times to ask why they did this, and Captial One basically said anyone who's due dates were on certain dates were moved because their new system no longer supported our due dates. Great. So 1/6 of America got no notice of this and had balances reported that shouldn't have been. I would have been fine with a change of dates IF they had warned me first and I had one days time to pay my balance off. Apparently warning their customers of things that can mess up their credit isn't on their list of priorities.
This is a good card to use over some other cards with no rewards, but it has the highest interest rate you can possibly have, and Capital One isn't the best company to have to deal with when it comes to customer service. Called 3 times about the same issue and got a different answer all 3 times. I just put them all together and figured it out myself

Aug 07, 2019

I had the same issue. Called in to get my july statement and they kept sending me my june statement 🤦🏾‍♀️

Jul 01, 2019
Horrible
kingdukez Cardholder

This card is not worth applying for. I’ve had it for a few years nows and am VERY dissatisfied with my time with it. I had received a credit increase after a few months of having the card and have not seen one since. That was the only time I’ve seen a positive impact on my score due to this card. Otherwise, it negatively effects my credit than anything because Capital One has reversed payments DAYS after the transaction settled on my accounts numerous times. They then charge a late fee on top of interest immediately with refusal to acknowledge their error. The customer service is horrible and the rewards are also a joke. You receive near to nothing, even on large purchases. I would expect more from a card that has any type of annual fee. Stay away.

Sample Size: 6,456
Data Created: February 02, 2015

Note: Sample data consists of Credit Karma members who hold this card.

Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card