Credit Card Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

The JetBlue Plus Card

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* intro for 12 Months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 12.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 12.24%, 20.24% or 25.24%* Variable

Our Take

In return for an annual fee, the JetBlue Plus Card offers great rewards for frequent flyers.

What to Like

The JetBlue Plus Card offers 6 points for every dollar spent on JetBlue purchases and 2 points for every dollar spent at restaurants and grocery stores. Cardholders also get their first checked bag free on JetBlue-operated flights purchased with the card, and you can earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.

Look Out For

With all those rewards, the card also comes with a $99 annual fee and there’s a 3%, Min: $5 balance transfer fee. The rewards program is also pretty focused on JetBlue perks, so it might not make sense for consumers who live in areas that aren’t well-served by JetBlue.

Aug 28, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

Decent rewards, terrible Barclay bank service.

Once the rewards are moved to your True Blue account with JetBlue, everything is great. But the bank is slow, difficult and stingy on everything on their end. The rewards and inflight credits take more than a month to post. Some will post right away, other's are "to be determined" and don't bother asking customer service why some posted and others did not, because they'll just quote their 4-6 weeks lead time.

Also, customer service misspelled the name on my authorized user's card, of which I paid $15 to be expedited for 2 day delivery. On the 5th day, I received the corrected card but they still charged me the expedited fee.

Jul 22, 2016
One flight a year pays for this card.
rdb87 Cardholder

this card is leaps and bounds above the old AMEX product. 10% redemption rebate, and 5,000 points on the anniversary, AND free checked bag, more than cover the $99 fee.

I was an AU on the old amex version but never really used it, shortly after that card got converted I recieved a mail offer to get my own account. I didnt bother with it at first as I didnt need the card, or the HP, but the more i looked at it, and the more i thought about travel plans in the coming year i realized it was a no brainer.

I applied on  7/13, INSTANT APPROVAL for 7,000(woo hoo) my highest initial CL to date and my only WORLD ELITE MC. Barclay scored my TU FICO at 669, with 1 other inq, and ~20% util. I had the card in my hand on 7/18 without paying for expedited delivery, considering there was a weekend in there thats pretty decent.

The JetBlue Plus Card