JetBlue Plus Card

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* intro for 12 Billing Cycles on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 12.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 12.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%* Variable

Our Take

In return for an annual fee, JetBlue Plus Card offers great rewards for frequent flyers.

What to Like

JetBlue Plus Card offers 6 points for every dollar spent on JetBlue purchases and 2 points for every dollar spent at restaurants and grocery stores. Cardholders also get their first checked bag free on JetBlue-operated flights purchased with the card, and you can earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.

Look Out For

With all those rewards, the card also comes with a $99 annual fee and there’s a 3%, Min: $5 balance transfer fee. The rewards program is also pretty focused on JetBlue perks, so it might not make sense for consumers who live in areas that aren’t well-served by JetBlue.

Mar 20, 2017
Benefits far outweigh the cost
fts6 Cardholder

I applied in Jan 2017 with a score of 676, Credit Karma score of 669, over 18 yrs of history, 100% on time payments, Capital One Quicksilver card with limit of 10k, about 40% utilization at the time. I was approved for the Amex Gold a few days prior, so it wasnt reported as yet. I wasn't declined, but received the message that I would have to wait 7-10 days. It was late, so I called the recon line the next day. They asked simple questions such as how much do I spend monthly, why was I at my current utilization, and asked me to verify info I entered on the application. We had a few jokes in between, and I was placed on hold. When the CS rep returned, she said there were no issues and I was approved. The first card was lost in the mail, but the second one made it to me. They wouldnt expedite it for free. Even though they mail their cards through the regular mail, they have a tracking number on it that they do not share with you.

The first time, on a Friday, I (actually the jetBlue reps) attempted to use the card, it kept declining on the jetBlue end, but going through on the Barclaycard end. They nearly maxed the card. The Barclaycard rep told me I'd have to call back on Monday. On Monday, I found out I should have had it taken care of on Friday, and now I'd have to wait for up to 2 wks for the pending charges to drop.. The BC rep said this situation does happen quite a bit and they'd need jetBlue to call them with me on the line. They needed a jetBlue number to pop up on their caller ID, yet jetBlue reps work from home and dont have access to make outgoing calls. I knew that long before I got the card, why didn't they??  After 45 minutes of telling the JB rep that JB needs to issue a refund,  the BC security dept FINALLY did 5 seconds of research and realized that no ticket was created on the attempted charges, therefore, no refund process was needed. Some of the BC crew are quite misinformed, and can use better training. After this experience, however, my cs experiences with them have been pleasant.

IMPORTANT: While they only tell you that you need to use the card to spend $1000 to qualify for the 30k bonus points within 90 days of approval, PLEASE BE AWARE that you ALSO need to pay the $99 fee to qualify for the bonus points. I suggest doing this right away like I did, because if you start receiving statements, THEY chose how they allocate your payment, and they might break it up unevenly between the fee, your purchases, and the interest. This is info from a BC rep.

I love the card. I love the benefits.The website and app are easy to use.

Feb 24, 2017
Awesome if you fly at least twice a year
Marcmoral16 Cardholder

Card is good and getting the bonus is great. Applied with a TU of 750 and and EQ of 731 approved instantly. Used it to book my flight got my free checked bags and that alone was worth the $99 fee with the bonus points. If you are an infrequent flyer of jetBlue then the standard card would be just fine. I fly twice a year once international and once domestic and I refuse to fly any other airline.

Feb 10, 2017
Great benefits
mtkny Cardholder

Applied online and was declined with both credit scores on CK around 725, and FICO at 675.  Called the reconsideration number and was immediately approved for a credit line of 5,000.  If you live near a jetblue hub and travel frequently this is a great way to rack up points quickly.  Most everyday spend goes on this card with large purchases and airline tickets other than jetblue on my Amex Gold.

Not sure why I was initially declined with a decent score, when I called the representative was great and said there was no "issues" on my report other than opening the Amex Gold 5 months ago.  If you're declined don't be afraid to call the reconsideration line.

Jan 05, 2017
Great benefits for Jet Blue flyers
Tonyknows Cardholder

Applied online and originally was declined. Waited about a week and called reconsideration line. The credit analyst was patient and listened carefully to what I had to say. I cracked a joke, she laughed and asked me to hold for a couple of minutes. When she came back on the phone I was approved with a fairly generous credit line. Patience pays. Stay cool and keep your sence of humor.

Aug 28, 2016
Anonymous Cardholder

Decent rewards, terrible Barclay bank service.

Once the rewards are moved to your True Blue account with JetBlue, everything is great. But the bank is slow, difficult and stingy on everything on their end. The rewards and inflight credits take more than a month to post. Some will post right away, other's are "to be determined" and don't bother asking customer service why some posted and others did not, because they'll just quote their 4-6 weeks lead time.

Also, customer service misspelled the name on my authorized user's card, of which I paid $15 to be expedited for 2 day delivery. On the 5th day, I received the corrected card but they still charged me the expedited fee.

Jul 22, 2016
One flight a year pays for this card.
rdb87 Cardholder

this card is leaps and bounds above the old AMEX product. 10% redemption rebate, and 5,000 points on the anniversary, AND free checked bag, more than cover the $99 fee.

I was an AU on the old amex version but never really used it, shortly after that card got converted I recieved a mail offer to get my own account. I didnt bother with it at first as I didnt need the card, or the HP, but the more i looked at it, and the more i thought about travel plans in the coming year i realized it was a no brainer.

I applied on  7/13, INSTANT APPROVAL for 7,000(woo hoo) my highest initial CL to date and my only WORLD ELITE MC. Barclay scored my TU FICO at 669, with 1 other inq, and ~20% util. I had the card in my hand on 7/18 without paying for expedited delivery, considering there was a weekend in there thats pretty decent.

JetBlue Plus Card