JetBlue Plus Card Reviews

• Balance Transfer Intro APR 0%* intro for 12 Billing Cycles on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening
  • Balance Transfer Regular APR 12.99%, 20.99% or 25.99%* Variable
  • Purchase Intro APR Not Applicable
  • Purchase Regular APR 12.99%, 20.99% or 25.99%* Variable

Sep 18, 2017
Good rewards card & great sign-up bonus!
brlgoodtimes Cardholder

I like this card a lot so far! I just hit the sign-up bonus spend and got my 30,000 bonus miles. I was excited because I assumed I now hit JetBlue Mosaic status, but those 15,000 miles have to be flight based and not bonus, which sucks. The 6x points on flights and 2x at grocery and restaurants is awesome, and my limit is over 4,000. I asked them to raise it to $7500, so I would start using it for everything and paying it off monthly, but they said not now maybe later. It is nice to use this card when places do not accept AmEx...sort of confusde on how to reedeem rewards and use them to pay for items. Overall, good card with great rewards! I am not really convinced by the annual fee, so I may be downgrading to the regular version next year.

Aug 17, 2017
Good overall card
HecTQ Cardholder

Applied with a 668 TU and Experian score directly through the Jet Blue website, making sure I added my TruBlue number. Was approved instantly.  I have maxed out the card three times in two months, and keep paying it off in full. My bonus points were added quickly for meeting the spending requirements. The only downside was, after making an EFT payment, it took nearly a week for it to clear (probably because of the high amount).

Jun 26, 2017
Great for JetBlue Frequent Flyers
Anonymous Cardholder

BELOW IS HOW I HAVE MADE THIS CARD WORK FOR ME (I make 3 roundtrip flights to Orlando (Disney Annual Passholder) per year and the below information is based off of such):

~ Above all else, you must figure out how to make this card work for YOU, before you apply for it. Remember that there is a $99 annual fee attached to it, and that is nothing to ignore. ~

(1) Without the JetBlue Plus card you would be paying $23 for your first checked bag if you were to purchase the bag when you purchased your flight. That comes out to an extra $138 in checked bag fees ALONE. (Waiting and purchasing a checked bag 24 hours prior to your flight would run you $25). Now because I have the JetBlue Plus card, I get all those single checked bags for FREE. So take the $99 annual fee and subtract that from the $138 yearly baggage fee that I DON'T have to pay because I have the card, and I come out ahead by $39.

(2) If you book your flight online with your JetBlue Plus card, you recieve 12 points per dollar of your flight cost. (6 points per dollar for using your JetBlue Plus card to purchase your flight ~ AND ~ 6 points per dollar if you are a TruBlue Member - which is free to become - and you book your flight online through jetblue.com) So, let's say that your three roundtrip flights cost you $200 a piece. ($200 x 3 flights = 600 points) You will have accumulated 7,200 points per year. (600 points x 12 points per dollar = 7,200 points)

(3) You get double points (2X the points) per dollar when you use your JetBlue Plus card at restaurants and grocery stores (A $60 dollar restaurant bill will earn you 120 points ~ A $100 grocery bill will earn you 200 points). When I am in Orlando, all of my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, etc) go on my JetBlue Plus card for double points per dollar.

(4) Be generous (or so your friends think) and SMART. Now, with the JetBlue Plus card you can save the baggage fee for yourself and UP TO THREE of your friends as long as you book yours AND their flights at the same time online, with all of you on the same flight, and all of you departing at the same time. If you and three of your friends decide to book a flight with JetBlue, offer to put the total cost on your JetBlue Plus card so you can save them a $23 - $25 baggage fee per person. ($46 - $50 saved fee if a JetBlue roundtrip flight). Of course, let them know that they are obligated to pay you back for their flight cost at a reasonable time. Remember that you are offering to save them baggage fees, you are NOT offering to flip the bill for their airfare.

If they allow you to put their flights on your card, besides looking like an AWESOME friend, you will score 12 points per dollar for your flight (if you follow the advice in paragraph 2) as well as score 6 points per dollar for each of your friend's flights. So let's say that each airfare ticket cost $200 ($200 x 12 point per dollar = 2,400 points) + ($200 airfare x 3 friends x 6 points per dollar = 3,600 points). You will score 6,000 points in your account just for being a AWESOME and generous friend.

~ FOR ALL OF THESE REASONS, I LOVE THE JETBLUE PLUS CARD. IT WORKS FOR ME AND GETS ME GREAT PERKS AS WELL ~

Jun 22, 2017
Not excelent, but good
Serejun88 Cardholder

Applied yesterday with a FICO 719. Approved on the spot for 14.4k. Flying JetBlue about 2 days a week, so balance is in my favor. Will update post as it goes

Mar 20, 2017
Benefits far outweigh the cost
fts6 Cardholder

I applied in Jan 2017 with a score of 676, Credit Karma score of 669, over 18 yrs of history, 100% on time payments, Capital One Quicksilver card with limit of 10k, about 40% utilization at the time. I was approved for the Amex Gold a few days prior, so it wasnt reported as yet. I wasn't declined, but received the message that I would have to wait 7-10 days. It was late, so I called the recon line the next day. They asked simple questions such as how much do I spend monthly, why was I at my current utilization, and asked me to verify info I entered on the application. We had a few jokes in between, and I was placed on hold. When the CS rep returned, she said there were no issues and I was approved. The first card was lost in the mail, but the second one made it to me. They wouldnt expedite it for free. Even though they mail their cards through the regular mail, they have a tracking number on it that they do not share with you.

The first time, on a Friday, I (actually the jetBlue reps) attempted to use the card, it kept declining on the jetBlue end, but going through on the Barclaycard end. They nearly maxed the card. The Barclaycard rep told me I'd have to call back on Monday. On Monday, I found out I should have had it taken care of on Friday, and now I'd have to wait for up to 2 wks for the pending charges to drop.. The BC rep said this situation does happen quite a bit and they'd need jetBlue to call them with me on the line. They needed a jetBlue number to pop up on their caller ID, yet jetBlue reps work from home and dont have access to make outgoing calls. I knew that long before I got the card, why didn't they??  After 45 minutes of telling the JB rep that JB needs to issue a refund,  the BC security dept FINALLY did 5 seconds of research and realized that no ticket was created on the attempted charges, therefore, no refund process was needed. Some of the BC crew are quite misinformed, and can use better training. After this experience, however, my cs experiences with them have been pleasant.

IMPORTANT: While they only tell you that you need to use the card to spend $1000 to qualify for the 30k bonus points within 90 days of approval, PLEASE BE AWARE that you ALSO need to pay the $99 fee to qualify for the bonus points. I suggest doing this right away like I did, because if you start receiving statements, THEY chose how they allocate your payment, and they might break it up unevenly between the fee, your purchases, and the interest. This is info from a BC rep.

I love the card. I love the benefits.The website and app are easy to use.

Aug 15, 2017

What is the reconsideration phone number?

Feb 24, 2017
Awesome if you fly at least twice a year
Marcmoral16 Cardholder

Card is good and getting the bonus is great. Applied with a TU of 750 and and EQ of 731 approved instantly. Used it to book my flight got my free checked bags and that alone was worth the $99 fee with the bonus points. If you are an infrequent flyer of jetBlue then the standard card would be just fine. I fly twice a year once international and once domestic and I refuse to fly any other airline.

Feb 10, 2017
Great benefits
mtkny Cardholder

Applied online and was declined with both credit scores on CK around 725, and FICO at 675.  Called the reconsideration number and was immediately approved for a credit line of 5,000.  If you live near a jetblue hub and travel frequently this is a great way to rack up points quickly.  Most everyday spend goes on this card with large purchases and airline tickets other than jetblue on my Amex Gold.

Not sure why I was initially declined with a decent score, when I called the representative was great and said there was no "issues" on my report other than opening the Amex Gold 5 months ago.  If you're declined don't be afraid to call the reconsideration line.

Aug 15, 2017

What is the phone number for the reconsideration?

Jan 05, 2017
Great benefits for Jet Blue flyers
Tonyknows Cardholder

Applied online and originally was declined. Waited about a week and called reconsideration line. The credit analyst was patient and listened carefully to what I had to say. I cracked a joke, she laughed and asked me to hold for a couple of minutes. When she came back on the phone I was approved with a fairly generous credit line. Patience pays. Stay cool and keep your sence of humor.

JetBlue Plus Card