4.9

Nov 05, 2020
638 Experian score got approved

I was actually shocked I got approved. I travel often so the sign up bonus will help A lot

Sep 30, 2020
Not a good card to apply for

based on Credit Karma ratings on my credit I have a 720 credit rating and I had a very good approval odds on this card. I took the chance to apply taking the risk of having a hard hit on my credit report and I was declined, don't know the reason why if my score is 720. If you don't have an 800 credit rating don't even bother, they will declined you.

Sep 09, 2021
I got approved

I got approved might not be a high limit but to get a foot in with a amex I'm glad. Just some advise for people who are upset with applying and getting a hard inquiry never just go and apply always do the option to see if you qualify for offers which doesn't results in a hard inquiry ..then if it says what cards you would be approved for then apply that's what I did if it comes back with no offers I don't bother applying .

Mar 31, 2021
Approved!

I finally feel like an adult having obtained my first AMEX. CK said very good approval odds. 753/749 scores and approved for a $7600 limit.

Mar 31, 2021
"VERY GOOD APPROVAL ODDS" - IS A MASSIVE LIE!!!

I filled out the application with a 775 score after it being repeatedly pumped by Credit Karma as my having "VERY GOOD APPROVAL ODDS" --- WRONG!!!! I was declined!!!

Mar 30, 2021
Approved at 670 average.

Great card with very nice perks and flexible/ usability.

Mar 18, 2021
Declined w/ CK “Excellent Approval Odds”

CK kept suggesting this card stating that I have “Excellent Approval Odds.” So I went out on a limb and applied. Was declined and now I have a hard inquiry on my credit report.

Mar 17, 2021
Approved with "Excellent Approval Odds"

Approved quick and easy. CK selected this card for me with "Excellent Approval Odds". So I applied with a 728(EQ) 723 (TU) 19% CU. I have been denied by American Express 2 times in the past so I was nervous. This time I was instantly approved with a 1k credit line. The whole process took 5 min. Happy to finally break through into the American Express family. Looking forward to the Hilton rewards part of this card too. Glad I applied. They pulled Experian I believe. Thank you CK. You have really helped me get back on track.

Mar 15, 2021
Thanks Credit Karma

Thank you for sending me a message that I had a good opportunity to request this card. They approved it! With 670

Mar 13, 2021
680 Exp / 733 CK Approved $6000 limit

Instant approval. Was hesitant to apply based on other reviews. Have a couple Hilton stays coming up so rolled the dice. Happy to get this entry card to AmEx and start building history. Given the other reviews, I’m surprised to have gotten a $6000 limit but that alone should improve my scores. My thought - if your scores are in the range of some of the other successful applicants and you can afford a hard inquiry on your report, then go for it.

Mar 13, 2021
Poor approval odds and was Approved!

Transunion 748, Equifax 757, Experian is 768 and average credit history is 1 yr 4mos. I almost didn't apply based on reviews and Credit Karma's Poor Approval Odds. I frequent Hilton and really want to leverage the points. I applied anyway and was pleased with the 2K credit limit and instant approval. Everyone's situation is different and I hope this helps you make your decision.

Mar 09, 2021