4.8

638 Experian score got approved

I was actually shocked I got approved. I travel often so the sign up bonus will help A lot

Oct 27 2020
Okay card. Nice perks.

I applied but I wasn’t instantly approved. I had to wait several days. Once approved the credit was much less than expected with a decent score of 720 and years of on time credit card payment history.

Jan 21 2021
Had regular card with very low credit limit

I have regular card with $1000 limit for last five years. I tried to increase my limit many times but was denied. Then, applied for this card from amex website and I was approved. I think it is better to switch cards when amex does not increase the limit.

Jan 01 2021
Excellent Approval Odds

I now have a hard inquiry on my credit...not happy about it.

Dec 04 2020
Limit changes without warning

American Express has been approving people for this and other cards and then six months or so later they decrease your balance causing your debt ratio to go up hurting your score bu putting you at 30% usage when you werent . Read terms Carefully they say they have the right to increase or decrease your limit for no reason and without notice . I currently have 842 score and would recommend Discover it card . Everyone ive told that applies with good credit getting higher credit limits then any other card . 5500 to 15000 on a couple I KNOW are for sure because its in my wallet . I know having amex makes people feel like they made it in a way but be careful as you go through process . You can also go to pre qualify see if you can get one without the hard inquiry

Nov 07 2020
This was my gateway towards the "real" Amex

The first 2 times I tried to get an AMEX card I got denied. So I applied for this one on a whim while staying at one of their hotels. I guess it also helped that I was a frequent traveler for business and stayed at one of their locations regularly. Anyhow after getting approved for the Hilton Honors card, I was able to get 2 other AMEX products quite easily.

Nov 06 2020
Denied

Credit karma said excellent odds but I was denied

Don’t do it !

Had “ excellent approval odds” seeing as my score is over 750, I applied & still got denied. Don’t waste your time unless you have an 800

638 Experian score got approved

Oct 27 2020
Okay card. Nice perks.

Oct 19 2020
Hilton is a great crd to have

I really enjoy the perks and I stay at hilton hotel only' love it.

Oct 15 2020
not a good card to apply for

took credit karma's advice and applied with a 726 rating and they turned me down. since i was told i had good approval odds it really ticked me off. i took a risk and i won't take one again based on credit karma's advice.