Auto Loan Reviews

Results 1-10 of 17Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
VW Credit Helpful to 18 out of 18 people

I traded my car, which was leased with VW Credit. The dealer I traded the car with sent two cashier checks to pay off the car. VW Credit sent the dealer the title to the car I traded in and the car was sold. VW Credit now claims I owe them $14k+ because one of the cashier checks wasn't signed. Mind you, they never called me nor did they call the dealer. I called them because they owe me $2400 that I over paid. They refuse to refund my money and continue to claim that I owe them. Every time I call, I am left on hold for 30 mins+ while the person tries to figure out what is going on. They continue to promise to return my calls and never do. This corporation is very irresponsible and unprofessional. No one knows what they are doing. Do NOT do business with these people. I am likely going to take legal action.

Nov 26, 2012 Reply
Credit score surprise Helpful to 12 out of 13 people

I sold my VW right before my car was paid off. I asked for and paid the final amount. Years later I see they dinged me on my report. They never wrote to tell me what the issue was. I put this on my report, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Aug 04, 2013 Reply
No statements if you pay early Helpful to 28 out of 33 people

I have financed dozens of cars over 36 years of driving and VW Credit is the only finance company that I know of that will not provide a monthly statement of your account if you make early payments. When I call CS, they just say if no balance is due the system can't generate a statement. It makes it more difficult to keep good records. When I paid of my last VW they did not report it to the credit bureaus as a closed account. It really spoils an otherwise good VW ownership experience. I would not recommend VW credit if you have other good options.

Oct 04, 2013 Reply
W A S T E of your time and money! Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

CONSUMER WARNING! Do not finance with VW ... unless you enjoy running bare a$$ed backward through a briar bush. They have no clue what they're doing as well as no clue about state laws. We've been harrased to the point legal action may follow.

vwcreditcanchokeanddie's review was:

Jan 13, 2014 Reply

vwcreditcanchokeanddie(1, 6)

Review by vwcreditcanchokeanddie

End of lease fees Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I have leased two cars from VW credit. The last one was an EOS that was a one pay lease. I paid all lease fees at the inception of the lease. I turned the car back in perfect condition with less than 20,000 miles and VW tried to collect a lease termination fee even though I paid all fees up front. I refused to pay any more money and they sent my "termination fee" to collection. I guess they do not value the kind of business I can bring - namely - an up front paid lease.

Oct 24, 2012 Reply

Great service and rate - however the rep at the dearler tried to convince me I'd save money by doing a 66 month deal rather than a 60 months deal, which was strange.

hallmr1972's review was:

May 24, 2012 Reply

hallmr1972(7, 29)

Review by hallmr1972

Poor end to a really good experience Helpful to 9 out of 11 people

Be careful when you pay off your auto loan after moving to a different state.  Volkswagen does not send you the title directly.  Volkswagen releases ownership to the DMV electronically and good luck with that.  After having changed my address and making payments for over three years from my current address, registering and Insuring my car; I still can't get my title.  I have been going through a major process with the state of origin to get a copy of the title that i should have had by now, sent to me by Volkswagen.  I am on my second round with the State of California, hopefully this time i have given them everything i need to get "my" title!  Good Luck to you if you moved out of state and used Volkswagen Credit because of the left vs. the right hand issue.

robespindola's review was:

Jul 19, 2013 Reply

robespindola(2, 15)

Review by robespindola

They just gave 0.0001 % on a lease last moth and they pull my TU credit  which was 737 at that moment .I live in Miami,Florida

Apr 08, 2012 Reply
Please Release Me-Let Me Go Helpful to 14 out of 19 people

I have paid every payment on time-through my bank, Then they tried to charge a small amount of extra interest, I paid off the total three weeks early and it is almost one month after the maturity of the loan and they still have it on my credit report.

The poor service at Audi (dba VW Credit) cost them another transaction-we leased a Kia,

floridal's review was:

Mar 19, 2013 Reply

floridal(1, 14)

Review by floridal

I have 0% financing. How can it get better? VW Credit is great but they can't get better than what they already gave me.

esi's review was:

Dec 26, 2011 Reply

esi(1, 4)

Review by esi

Results 1-10 of 17Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of VW Credit

VW Credit offers financial services for new and used vehicles to Volkswagen customers and dealers throughout the United States. VW Credit provides retail leasing, retail financing, and balloon financing with commercial financing. Through the VW Credit website, customers can make payments, view their transaction history, and manage their account. Information on the application process is available at select Volkswagen dealers. Customer service is available primarily over the phone or by email.

Founded in 1981, VW Credit is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, VW Credit also manages financial services for Audi and Bentley, as well as other co-branded financial products.

Company Details