Auto Loan Reviews

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation

2.05 44 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 44Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next
Terrible Company to work with! Stay Away Helpful to 15 out of 15 people

We purchased a luxuary vechicle through NMAC for the past year and they are terrible. We recently moved and needed them to send the title to the new state so we could register our car. Problem 1 they never added my wife to the account as a co buyer even thow she was on the contract, so they would not speak with her. This was their error and took 2 months to fix. Problem 2. After changing my address with them 10 times over the phone and internet it was never updated, sill an issue 3 months later. Problem 3 after cofirming with a rep they recivied all the correct paperwork to send the title, the title department never proceesed the paperwork. After a month we spoke with Andrea a supervisor and she assured us that they would next day air teh title, it took another month for our state to recieve the title. This was after calling her every few days to see where it was.This left us with an unregietsed vechicle for 10 days, Problem # 4 After they sent the title and added my wife to the contract, they closed our orginal account and opened a new account number and never notififed us. Since we had set up autmatic payments with them we didnt notice that they didnt take out the payment for 1 month, we noticed after the second month and called them to find out why the payments weren't being proccessed, they said our account was closed and they sent us to collections after two missed payments and never notified us. When we called they refused to speak with us and we had to talk to only talk directly with the collection agency. The collection agency confirmed that it was NMAC error and said they would retract and remove it from our credit report. Still we have not seen this done yet. Very upset bc we have excellent credit!  Problem #5 After all our issues we decided that we wanted to refinance and get away from this company. We went through a credit union and tNMAC refused to accpet thh check from the credit union. This is the worst comapny I have ever dealt with, they make error after error and never do anything to help the customer. We've spent countless hours trying to clean up their mistakes and all they say is that they are sorry. Stay Away!!!

Dec 06, 2013 Reply
Customer Service is a DISASTER!!! Helpful to 7 out of 7 people

I used NMAC for the lease of my new 2009 Maxima...no issues. When the lease was up, I bought the car and financed again through NMAC. Still no issues. In December I sold the car to a friend of mine--ISSUES!

1. We decided to do an asset transfer, which is a process that NMAC has that allows me to transfer the loan if the transferee qualifies. We filled out the requisite paperwork and sent it in to the address on the forms--THEY LOST IT. Fortunately, I made a copy of everything. We got a physical address to send the copies to--my friend was approved.

2. When they approved the asset transfer, they sent a form that had to be signed by both of us, and notarized. We duly signed and had the form notarized, and sent the form back in. This time, no copies were made. THEY LOST IT.

3. Rather than deal with NMAC again, my friend got financing through Navy Federal Credit Union, and gave me the total amount for the car. I got a cashier's check and sent the payoff amount in early May via Fedex to their Fedex address. THEY LOST IT. They have acknowledged losing it--but I still cannot get a title, and my bank has to wait 90 days from the date of issuance of the cashier's check to restore the funds to my account--unless NMAC writes a letter admitting to losing the cashier's check, which I cannot get them to do.

In summary--THEY HAVE LOST EVERYTHING I HAVE SENT THEM, and it is apparently not their problem. They are creating hardships beyond imagination--Navy FCU is going to change my friend's loan to unsecured, and charge him 26% interest.

STAY AWAY FROM NMAC AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Jun 18, 2013 Reply

I concur!!!

Prior to 2010 had 7 luxury Vehicles purchased through NMAC without issue. In the last 2 years, there incidents of lost documents, payments have been overwhelming. I now have 3 late payments showing on my credit report.

Despite having definitive proof of submission from third party, NMAC takes no blame. I truly believe the delays in crediting paymentsare intentional; a ploy to charge additional fees to regular customers.

I've not had any reason to slam NMAC previously, but, the last 3 - 4 years have given me plenty of ammunition.

Customer service, support, and care has gone to crap!!

asiachifonlove's reply was:

Jul 15, 2013

asiachifonlove(4, 10)

Review by asiachifonlove

finished paying my car loan off with NMAC in Feb 2012 to date I still have not recieved title or a lien release. They claim they sent it. Steered me to a web site called My Title Support. com,. They wanted money to get me a Lien release and/or title. Went back to NMAC went up the food chain and told them I am not paying for something they should have already sent me and that I did not receive. Told me they would send me a Lien release. Waited 3 weeks, it never came. Called NMAC again they said they will not send it again and refered me back to My Title Support.com I buckled and called them they wanted $ 29.00 for a lien release. said I had to answer a couple of questions first. The first question was, By accepting this service you acknowledge you previously received a title and/or Lien release from NMAC. I said hell no I am not acknowledging something that is untrue, I see whats going on here. She actually told me she would have to inform GMAC of this in a threatening tone. I told her you inform whoever you like. I am going to inform the Attorney Generals office of the state of Texas that your company along with NMAC may be acting in colussion to commit fraud claiming documents were sent when they weren't and then direcrting them to this web site to churn alittle more money out of them.

Aug 29, 2012 Reply
Worst customer service Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

Its totally disappointing and frustrating that the automated billing is a rip off. I have to pay $13 addtional fee to use the automated bill pay system.NIssan please fix this issue.

Feb 14, 2014 Reply
Worst Customer Service Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

This is my third Nissan in a row-all financed through NMAC, never a late or missed payment until December  when the bank didn't draft the payment.  All of a sudden, I was slapped with a 30 day late notice on my credit and NMAC has refused to remove it.  They don't care whose fault it is, even though they got their money within 15 minutes after I found out that the payment was late.  I was never contacted by them, by the way!  The people who work there are stupid, rude and obnoxious.  I will never finance another car through them and most likely never drive another Nissan because of this cluster****.  Do NOT do business with this sketchy organization or you will regret it.

wtjohn3504's review was:

Jan 29, 2014 Reply

wtjohn3504(1, 6)

Review by wtjohn3504

They are so unhelpful! Helpful to 6 out of 6 people

I recently started my payments with NMAC and I am so disappointed. They did not inform me of my plan or payments startting, and then I had an overdue payment with my first one. When I called to get it taken care of, they said to pay over the phone because sending by mail would be even later. I had to pay through the automated phone system through Bill Matrix, which charges a convenience fee that is not disclosed until after you make the payment. When I called Nissan to explain they did not inform me my payments were starting and to have that fee reversed, they refused! Their customer service is awful and they won't work with you on any payments. Additionally, they get convenience fees and late fees by not sending you timely materials or email to inform you of your starting payments. Awful!

May 01, 2013 Reply
NMAC Service, Support, Care, is Gone!!! Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Customer service, support, and care has gone to crap!!

asiachifonlove's review was:

Jul 15, 2013 Reply

asiachifonlove(4, 10)

Review by asiachifonlove

Late Fee assessed payment received Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I am really frustrated with NMAC Financing. I have a perfect payment history, I have my financial institution records to prove it and yet this year, 2013, they are accessing me late fees.

On 5/31/2013 NMAC took the payment out of my account, yet I was accessed a late fee. I called and they said it posted to my account after my 10 day payment period. June the fee was "waived". (Payment is due on 26th every month with a 10 day window to make my payment)

We all know that when a paper check is received, it is run through the "remote deposit" process and the money is immediately taken from the account and goes into the presenters account

August I was again accessed a late fee. 8/1/2013 money was withdrawn from my account. I called, and again I was told the payment posted to my account after my "10 day window". They refuse to refund my account. Here is November and again I am accessed a late fee. 11/1/2013 the money was removed from my account. I called again and they said the money posted after the "10 day window".

I have had it and I am looking at a class action suit because I know I am not the only customer out here dealing with this ridiculous issue.

I want this issue fixed. NMAC is taking the money from my account, yet they posting the payment when they get ready and they are charging me a fee. How convenient! Stop it! Give me ALL my money back and stop charging me a fee when I am not late!

Nov 08, 2013 Reply

If you are sending these payments through your banks bill pay system online then it will take the money out of your acct then send it to the payee. Talk to your bank, they will tell you.

bronco5's reply was:

Feb 11, 2014

bronco5(2, 3)

Review by bronco5

TERRIBLE!!! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

I have been financing through NMAC for two years now and have absolutely nothing good to say about the company. Like previous owners have stated, my car buying exerience was exceptional (thanks to my local dealership) however making and tracking payments with NMAC has been a nightmare.  When signing my lease NMAC actually had my dealership on hold for 3 hours before releasing the paperwork.  The customer service line is a long automated response system that only directs you to someone speaking choppy English.  After running out of checks one month I opted to pay over the phone using my card and had to be transferred to an operator because the automated directions are not clear...only to be informed of a significant processing fee at the end of the ordeal.  After finding a direct number to the office in Irving, TX where real people actually answer the phone it only got worse.  You can tell they are clearly unhappy with their jobs as they are extremely rude and condescending of any request made by a customer.  Love my Nissan but certainly will not be financing through NMAC for my next purchase.

Sep 30, 2013 Reply
They are HORRIBLE Helpful to 6 out of 7 people

I had to sign SEVERAL contracts, and then when i finally signed the last one  the interest was way higher, and the price of the armada was almost 10K more, they also tried to slam me with extra insurance, and said NMAC would not give me a loan unless i agreed to their terms. So when i asked why it CLEARLY states on the contract that the additional insurance is not required to get the loan, the finance manager just looked stunned and amazed that i actually read that on the contract!!. So i called NMAC and asked why they would not honor the 1st contract and they wouldnt even speak with me. I had to threaten to SUE them...so they put a supervisor on the phone, and i was treated like a moron. I said NO thank you to both NMAC and the dealership. Went to my credit union, they gave me a check, and i went out and picked another MAKE of vehicle. NMAC never tried to even rectify the situation or even HONOR the contract i had already signed and agreed to. Poor Customer Service.

Dec 29, 2012 Reply
Results 1-10 of 44Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 5   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation

Nissan Motor Acceptance is the auto finance division of Nissan North America. There are two primary options for financing a Nissan vehicle: the SignaturePURCHASE from Nissan offers competitive loan rates and terms from 12 to 72 months for new or pre-owned vehicles less than six years old; the other major option is the SignatureLEASE from Nissan, with terms ranging from 12 to 60 months. Pre-approval for either option is available online. Customers can also manage their accounts and make payments online with the NMAC Finance Account Manager. More information on specific auto financing is available at Nissan dealers throughout the U.S. Customer service is available online, over the phone, and with Nissan dealers nationwide.

Founded in 1982, Nissan Motor Acceptance is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee and provides financial products and information to more than 1,250 Nissan and Infiniti dealers throughout the United States.

Company Details