Auto Loan Reviews

Nationwide® Bank Auto Loans

3.55 15 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 15Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next
Great Experience Helpful to 16 out of 16 people

I recently refinanced 2 car loans with Nationwide.  Dropped my interest rate on both, and can make bi-weekly payments which I love.  They couldn't have been nicer or made the process any easier.  Would definitely recommend!

Apr 06, 2013 Reply
Just finished refinance process Helpful to 16 out of 16 people

In our house, we kind of love Nationwide right now. After a year of working to pay down our credit cards to 10% utilization and pay off some collections, we were able to refinance with Nationwide away from a loan (with Cap1) that we had to take when we needed a car ... down from 18% interest to 3.75%! 14 months shorter loan, $160 a month less. Awesome!

calibeachboy84's review was:

Mar 05, 2013 Reply

calibeachboy84(2, 25)

Review by calibeachboy84

Oh, I meant to state that it was these forums and positive comments on Nationwide that even got me to consider trying with them. Thanks to everyone on here for their previous reviews!

calibeachboy84's reply was:

Mar 05, 2013

calibeachboy84(2, 25)

Review by calibeachboy84

Applied for this loan...req suck Helpful to 49 out of 55 people

I applied for this loan with a 733 credit score, never missed a payment in 20 years.  They wanted all sorts of documentation to support the loan.  I can call a credit union and get a signature loan for $10k with out the hassel.  They suck.....

bontika9's review was:

May 29, 2013 Reply

bontika9(1, 49)

Review by bontika9

I agree!!! good for you!!!

Ronrain1's reply was:

Jun 09, 2013

Ronrain1(1, 2)

Review by Ronrain1

Wells fargo Dealer services Helpful to 60 out of 68 people

This is the worst bank or credit that you can deal with. Its really a nightmare to deal with wellsfargo.  They are a rip-off in possible ways and their customer service is one of the worsts. They would have lot of fine prints and they will hold on anything.

May 15, 2013 Reply

I agree, I never missed a payment with this company and they took my credit line away. I didn't have a choice when I financed my new heating/aircxonditioning unit.

Idomeneo99's reply was:

May 21, 2013

Idomeneo99(1, 2)

Review by Idomeneo99

I would agree, some of the most ingornant people I have ever met and I have dealing with banks for 30 years

41243's reply was:

May 18, 2013

41243(1, 2)

Review by 41243

I also had a bad experience with them.

rakesia205's reply was:

May 16, 2013

rakesia205(5, 112)

Review by rakesia205

poor customer service Helpful to 11 out of 11 people

applied and recieved email approval of loan. called to complete the process, it has been over 15 days getting payoff amt etc, and 8 days of many voice mails, and no call back. Called again this morn, rep has not been out but is not taking calls at this time, was offered to leave another message...no thanks, not impressed at all so far, I will stay where I am!

Aug 09, 2013 Reply
Easy to deal with Helpful to 24 out of 26 people

Bought older car with 8% loan.  Refinaced with nationwide down to 3.15%.   Buying a second used car since I currently have a loan with nationwide my 2nd loan gets 1% discount.   Rate is 2.25%?   Unreal for a used car loan

Feb 22, 2014 Reply
Horrible loan company!! Helpful to 20 out of 22 people

First to get approved for a loan you must submit tons of paperwork and the process takes a good two weeks, because they claim :they dont get" something from the dealer. My dealer went back and forth with them, then they went back and forth with me. If i really didnt need this car, i would have walked away.

Then after approval they ask you to put them as the lienholder, which i did, and miraclously they listed themelves as the lienholder for my other car that was paid off 10 years ago.

After proving that you have insurance, you must place the car with comp and collison at a 500$ dedictble. Also its nit good enough to give them your policy #, you must print out the entire policy details, and send it to them. I did that and that wasnt good enough bc they stated they never recieved it and were going to charge me 700.00 $ for their insurance. I only pay maybe 500 $ for the entire year under my private insurance.

and to top it off they close at 3pm!! why is that, bc that is what time they go back to their cells?!?

Terrible, service, terrible loan, cannot wait to be rid of them and im sure when i do pay it off, they will dispute the title or make it incredibly hard for me to get it!!!

Sep 12, 2013 Reply

Refinanced my car loan which was originally with Wells Fargo. I am very happy with the price AND service I have received from Nationwide. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that I've had my loan with them for  less than a year and I don't want to jinx myself. So far, I would definitely use them again. Wells Fargo...not so much.

Jul 26, 2012 Reply

Me too! I just refinaced to Nationwide from Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo wouldn't let me refinance because of my income, even though my credit is great! Nationwide approved me. I'm saving $70 a month, my first payment is due in 2 months and I no longer need a co-signer, being that I'm 21!!!

Biancaholmes23's reply was:

Oct 12, 2012

Biancaholmes23(10, 35)

Top Contributor

Review by Biancaholmes23

Top Contributor

I currently have Wells Fargo and my interest rate is 18%.  If you do not mind my asking, "Did Nationwide pull your credit report."?  I have been with Wells Fargo for 14 months but was late once.

Thanks,

Aundie

Aundie's reply was:

Apr 26, 2013

Aundie(2, 5)

Review by Aundie

Nationwide Auto Refinance Helpful to 18 out of 20 people

I received their advertisment in the mail, opened it up, did some research for credability and took a chance. I'm very glad I did. I had a fast approval which sliced my previous intrest rate in half and shortened the length of the loan by 1.5 years, all the while keeping approximately the same payment (increase of 10 bucks on an already low payment, no big deal). Their documentation process was swift and organized considering I never stepped foot into an establishment. The transition from my old loan/bank to Nationwide was very smooth. For my next loan, I will go to Nationwide first.

Apr 26, 2013 Reply

Great advice! Much appreciated!

-Terry

marineterry's reply was:

May 08, 2013

marineterry(1, 2)

Review by marineterry

Credit Karma / Nationwide Auto Loans Helpful to 12 out of 13 people

My hats off to Credit Karma and Nationwide Auto Loans. CK steered me NWA saved me Aprox. $7815. Shortened my term by 6 mo. Lowered my payments $30. Lowered my interest 3% on Motorcycle and 5.5% on auto. Process was fast and painless. Thank you both. I highly recommend NWA.

osok6's review was:

Apr 19, 2013 Reply

osok6(1, 12)

Review by osok6

Results 1-10 of 15Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 2   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Nationwide® Bank Auto Loans

Nationwide Bank offers auto loan financing for new, used and refinanced vehicles. Their low interest rates and flexible auto loan terms allow you to keep more cash in your pocket. Loan applications are available online or by phone; you can get preapproved in minutes. Nationwide Bank’s website is a one stop shop where you can view your auto loans and make payments online. The website features autos refinance calculators, as well as more information and tips on auto loan refinancing.

Nationwide Bank, as part of the Nationwide Corporation,opened in 2007. Today, Nationwide Corporation is ranked #100 on the Fortune 500 list and one of the largest insurance and financial services organizations in the United States.

Company Details

Nationwide Corporation

• Established: 1925
  • Headquarters: Columbus, Ohio
  • Website: www.nationwide.com
  • Products: Auto Insurance, Auto Loans, Banking, Credit Cards, Home Equity, Life Insurance, Mortgages
  • Assets: 165.8 billion