Auto Loan Reviews

Hyundai Motor Finance

2.25 60 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 60Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next
It's true, they're awful Helpful to 8 out of 8 people

I'm normally a guy who reads negative reviews like these and I think, "pay your bills and you'll not have a problem".  Not the case with Hyundai Motor Finance.

My wife has a 2012 elantra limited. Payment is due on the 20th of every month, and every month, it's paid online before the 20th.  Still, in the 18 months we've had this car, they've called countless times and currently have $60 in returned check fees. The only problem is that I've never bounced a check to them, and since I pay online through my bank, I can't get them verification of payment for every single payment made in about five minutes time. Their response so far has just been to not worry about it, as the fees are not past due, just outstanding.  Wtf kind of response is that?  If you say not to worry about it, why call constantly?  At least they're not reporting it as a late payment, but its a huge aggravation.

My own car is financed with Honda financial.  Same situation with how I make payments. I've received zero calls from them.  Guess where my wife's next car is coming from.

Jun 02, 2013 Reply
Our auto loan payoff was not accepted Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

Just this past month, we tried to pay off the balance of our auto loan through HMF.  We paid the amount via a paper check, HMF sent us a lien release for our vehicle, then a week or so later, they sent another letter that our bank (a credit union) had told them there was a "Stop Payment" on that check.  We contacted our bank and they say there has been no activity (as yet) with that check number either from us or that HMF sent it to them for payment.  HMF has charged us $25 since we stopped the payment, and another monthly payment (which is more than the minimum amount) has been sent from our bill pay.

We are now going to put a "Stop Payment" on that check so that someone at HMF won't try to go back and send it through again (which will probably cost us to do), and try to resend a check for the new payoff amount.  Everything else about dealing with HMF has been great for us, but now that we're trying to pay off the car, now they're cheating us.

We love our car & up until now, we've not had any problems with Hyundai Motor Finance.  We had prior approval for the loan through our CU, but we chose to use HMF because of the lower interest rate & the guarantees of their being easy to deal with.  If we buy another car from Hyundai, I will suggest that we don't even think of dealing with HMF, no matter how enticing their interest rate may be.

Aug 23, 2013 Reply

I have heard that this is a common situation w/these people. They try every way possible to get every penny they can-legally or illegally! I am getting ready to call a class-action atty. I am having heart issues that started right after co-signing for my g.daughter w/these people. They have "lost" every payment. Now, after "finding" them, they calling again, in an "attmept to collect a debt", when they already have the money by their own admission to the dealer's finance manager! Anyone interested in joining in a suit can contact me at dannastevens@gmail.com

Nothing but problems! Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

Went with Hydundai Motor Finance  due to the better interest rate, I wish I had stayed with Capital One. I have had nothing but trouble! I wasn't able to set it  up on a bi-weekly status and when I set it to come out online bill pay, it never processed on the correct date. I thought it was the bank, turned out to be Hydundai. I have had to call mulitiple times to clear up the mess they have made of my payments and I am never treated well. Every one of their representatives are rude and unclear about their policies. I have been told different things from more than one rep. I am going to refinance as soon as I can due to their bad customer service, rude employees, and their payment mistakes!

Jan 30, 2013 Reply

You can read my other responses. Anyone interested in a class-action suit against these people, please contact me. dannastevens@gmail.com

Review by Readytosue

Beware ofHyundai Motor Finance they are con artist.  They will accept your paymeny then say they didnt.  they are not very good conartists, but they try.  I have to take them to court to fix the problem.  Beware,Beware and good luck

Apr 25, 2012 Reply

Are you interested in a class action suit? I am furious w/these people for the same thing. dannastevens@gmail.com

Constant Phone Calls Helpful to 5 out of 6 people

I have been with Hyundai Finance since August 2013. My payment is due 3 days before I get paid. I have never missed a payment, but those few days between my payment date and my pay date I receive 6 to 7 calls per day. They don't stop even if I tell them that I will pay them on pay day. They still call when I schedule the payment online. I have a 718 credit score so I think I'm just going to refinance, even it's with a little higher interest rate. I love my new sonata limited turbo, but I hate these people.

Jan 05, 2014 Reply

Your not 715, another liar you are be called constantly becvause Hyundai financed you even though your credit sucked and their affraid your going to screw them like you did everyone else you borowed money from (by the wat is why your here) you never were a 715 MAYBE a 615 but no 715 or NO-ONE would be hounding you. the fact is your late every single payment (which probanly has you in the high 400's by now) Talk to the compasny about changing your pay date but you've probably done that before and still can't make them on time. SHAME ON YOPU for Hyundai Finance stepping up to help and and you will proably ened up with you car repoed if you don't pasy on time, they get really sick of chasing your ***. PAY ON TIME.This ones on you, own it!

makinglemonade's reply was:

Jan 14, 2014

makinglemonade(4, 5)

Review by makinglemonade

autopay stinks Helpful to 5 out of 6 people

Be careful with autopay if you pay your loan of early, they won't stop autopay unless you request it even with a 0 balance. You then have to wait weeks for the refund.

Dec 13, 2012 Reply
fail fail fail Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I had recurring automatic payments going out from my bank account. After 2 years, the payment amount had changed, and I was paying too much, so I changed the amount on line. For some reason, the payment didn't clear. A week later, I started getting three or four phone calls per day from the collection department (I am not exaggerating--I can back it up with my phone statements), including Sunday.

I asked the collection agent what happened to my automatic payments, the person had no idea and kept telling me that I have to pay right now. I told the agent I will settle things with customer service. Agent didn't bother to connect me or give me a number for them.

Why did the automatic payment stop? fail

I think the person that should have called first is someone from customer service. fail

The collection agent should have been more service oriented. fail

Dec 23, 2013 Reply
Inefficient friendly customer service Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

I have had the bad idea of leasing a car from Hyundai. If you do not need their customer service, I guess you will be fine. If you do, prepare yourself to experience the most inefficient customer service in the industry. I had to request documents in three different occasions, to ship the car to another state, to receive tax information necessary to register the car, and to register the car. In all these three occasion I had to call multiple times to find out why it was taking two weeks, or why I hadn't heard from them although I had requested to be contacted.

For one of the documents, I had to email the VP operations to expedite the process who was professional enough to reach out and apologize.

Unfortunately, they still use faxes when you need to request documents, so even making sure someone gets the fax you have just sent and for which you have confirmation, is a process by itself. Twice they lost a fax that I had sent.
When a document is urgent and I request it to be faxed instead of mailed, I expect it to be faxed. Nope.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Although the customer service rep is extremely friendly and can never resolve the problem caused by another department, each will ask to rate their service. When you go ahead and submit your feedback, you'd expect someone to try and reach out asking why I rated the entire company "1". Clearly, their bonus is tied in with the individual performance, but someone high up needs to review their processes badly.

Oct 29, 2013 Reply
I WILL BE CONTACTING THE ATTY. GENERAL Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

Love the car but the Hyundai Finance is terrible!  I always pay on time, setup through their website for automatic payments.  Payments are never applied, website is always "locked out" and late fees just accrue!  I wish I had stayed with Honda.  Then you get them on the phone and you mysteriously get disconnected. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!  It's not just one month, IT'S EVERY MONTH this happens.

Oct 26, 2013 Reply
Hyundai Motor Credit not user friendly!! Helpful to 2 out of 2 people

YOU TREAT PEOPLE LIKE GARBAGE!!!!!  Currently have a car on 3 year lease ending 2/14/14. 3  payments left and you refuse to put it through the early return program because it ends 1/31/14 and my lease is up 2/14/14. I was going to lease a 2014 and you DON'T CARE.  We have had eleven Hyundais with eight through HMC.  NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING ELSEFROM YOU PEOPLE ANYMORE. You are stupid and poor business people.

FAD49's review was:

Oct 24, 2013 Reply

FAD49(1, 2)

Review by FAD49

Results 1-10 of 60Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 6   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Hyundai Motor Finance

Hyundai Motor Finance is a full-service auto finance company offering financing and leasing options to Hyundai dealers nationwide. Hyundai Motor Finance website features tips on auto financing, a list of frequently asked questions, as well as a glossary of terms. Customers can also access their accounts online to make payments, view and update their account information, or obtain a copy of their last statement. Customer service is available by phone or at Hyundai dealers across the country.

Established in 1989, Hyundai Motor Finance works with Hyundai's U.S. vehicle distributor, Hyundai Motor America, to assist customers in their purchase of a Hyundai vehicle. Hyundai Motor Finance is a part of the larger Hyundai Capital America, which is headquartered in Irvine, California and serves more than 1,500 dealers nationwide.

Company Details