Ford Credit

Reviews: Ford Credit

Ford Credit

3.2

Feb 26, 2016
Easy 1.9% financing for a 21 year old.

I just purchased my first car through Ford Credit. The finance guy worked really hard to get me to the price point I needed to be. They rolled over $4,000 I was upside down in for my trade-in loan that I had only had for about 10 months. By the time it was all said and done, I walked out with a 72 month loan with 1.9% financing, 0 money down, with a score just shy of 700.

Jan 24, 2017
They won't let you Refi with your bank!

I love Ford. My family loves Ford. We all buy from Mooresville Ford. I've never owned anything but a Ford. But I will NEVER use Ford Credit again. Beware of the enticing rebate to go through Ford Credit and take your vehicle home with you tonight! Especially if you are planning on refinancing within a few months with your credit union/bank so you can save on interest. I have been requesting a copy (JUST A COPY) of the title so I could refinance the loan because the rate at my FCU was more than 4% less than Ford Credit. I was downright refused twice on the phone with Ford Credit customer service saying I had to go to NC DMV. So I got a hold of the DMV finally (that's not an easy task) and they told me they don't have the title - Ford does! I have been getting jerked around by Ford Credit since November and now after I finally found a representative that would put in the request for the title print which he said would be about 2 weeks, NOW the title department person from Ford said it is going to take 6 WEEKS! If they would have told me back in November that they could put in the request then I would have had my refinance by now, but no... NOW I have to pay another 2 months of payments with the high interest payments which is going to be about another $400-$500 in interested on top of the already $600 I've paid. So the $500 rebate that suckered me in has now cost me over $1,000. Yaaayy! I'll also be posting, tweeting, reviewing, pinning, snapping, etc. just in case this one doesn't make it to the page. FYI - this won't keep me from owning my Fords but it's a PSA about the Ford Credit customer service. My FCU said that Ford Credit is notorious for dragging this process along more so than any other loan company! Your reputation precedes you in the loan world so I'm just helping my fellow Ford buyers :)

Oct 24, 2021
I have a loan but it’s not backed up by credit rep

I don’t have any reports on my ford t350 from Ford

Feb 11, 2019
Very bad online experience

I thought I had auto-pay set up but it was a one time and caused a late fee the following month. They even reported right away to the credit bureaus that caused an extreme drop in my credit score. Bad move. I should not have bought an american car.

Nov 18, 2018
Fraudulent Credit Inquiries

I have numerous inquiries from "FORD MOTOR CREDIT (I" on my credit report. I'm not sure why, other than the fact I bought a Ford with a loan that I walked in with from Capital One. They had no reason to check my credit because I was paying with cash afforded to me from a loan company already.

Jun 01, 2018
Simply insane

If I could give them a 0 I would. Since 2016 I have had 7 car loans with them. When I got my first loan my credit score was 100 points lower, I was making 25000.00 less a year and they approved me with 0 percent interested and nothing down. By the way I was financing way more than the retail value of the car. Forward to now. I have had 7 consecutive car loans with them never ever been late on a payment. Today they turned me down. Really? I was trading a 2017 for a 2018 financing 2k more than what I owe in the 2017. Their underwriting department. Needless to say they lost a customer forever and they made Bill Currie Ford in Tampa lose a customer forever. I am taking all my cars that I bought there for service to another dealer. Just until I trade my Fords for Chevys. Horrendous experience. STAY AWAY FROM FORD CREDIT!!! They treat their great customers like deadbeats.

May 23, 2018
Great service even during payoff

I purchased a new ford vehicle and I got a loan from the delership despite higher interest because that was the easiest thing to do. And now I am trying to refinance it and I had interacted with 'Ford Credit', not the dealership, a couple times and I am impressed with their customer service each time. I get a real person on the phone quickly each time. And one of their staff promised to follow up and call me back about something and she did that very promptly. Overall it has been a very pleasant experience working with them. Applicatin process was more 'blah' because that happened at the dealership. You know how that goes.

Dec 22, 2017
They don't accept debit/credit cards

Insane that they don't offer the ability to pay with a debit or credit card, especially when 75% of Americans prefer this method of payment. Like if I can pay for a cup of coffee with my debit card at the local joint, I shoudl be able to pay my car payment. Incredibly insane.

Nov 28, 2017
Perhaps legal, but not honest

The lease end process was difficult and they claimed my car was damaged. The dealer even disagreed but there was nothing I could do at that point after the inspection (to my fault, I turned it in without an inspection, but the dealer walked around the car with me and there was no damage at that point either). Some of the reps were helpful, but the supervisor was not. Perhaps they were legally correct to do what they did, but they definitely charged me for non existent damage just because they could. I'll never get a Ford again.

Jun 04, 2017
I LOVE FORD CREDIT !

I AM A LOYAL CUSTOMER AND ALWAYS WILL BE! 0% Financing - DONE Needed to move my payment date - DONE No Problem I have nothing but good to say about Ford . My Mustang loan is paid off and i willbe going and getting a truck!!! LOVE FORD CREDIT!!!!!!!!!

Feb 06, 2017
Let me rebuild my credit

I put money down with a credit score of 620 back in Dec 2014 on 2015 Escape thinking I wouldn't get approved for a lease. Not only did I get approved but gave me a great rate. I was told to never miss a payment and I will be able to come back to lease again. I decided to turn my lease in early for a 2017 just last week thinking let's see if the dealer was correct about getting approved easily again. Sure enough I got approved and was told I was a Tier 1 customer so I got an upgrade. I'll stick to the same plan of paying a half car payment every 2 weeks so I will always be ahead of the loan. The finance manager said when he talked to Ford they loved how I did the payments and asked if I would be doing the same? I told them yep, and I will back again in 3 years!

Jan 24, 2017
They won't let you Refi with your bank!