Auto Loan Reviews

Chase Auto Finance

2.25 71 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-10 of 71Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 8   Previous | Next
Chase Auto is PATHETIC Helpful to 14 out of 15 people

My dad passed away without a will. An attorney was hired to fill out a "small estate" affidavit so I would be authorized on the Chase account (to continue making auto payments and eventually claim ownership of the vehicle).

Chase is beyond slimy. I am authorized on my dad's old account, but they won't allow me to do anything but continue to pay off the loan at his old rate. I can't even register the car because the loan is still in his name.

I went into a rival bank to refinance, and they told me they couldn't do anything because Chase had the account status as "closed." I went into Chase and the representative tried to get the probate department (for "special handling") on the phone but they are ALWAYS closed.

The probate department eventually called me back and said the only way to get the loan put entirely in my name is to refinance. I tried to refinance already and the request was rejected because BofA said the Chase account status was closed!

It's been basically a big run-around where Chase is doing everything to keep taking my money without providing any type of attention to my special circumstances. Is this really the first time someone's died and someone else assumed their loan? Really ?

Chase Auto has caused me nothing but MORE problems since my dad died. Avoid them like the plague.

straygreen's review was:

Jan 09, 2014 Reply

straygreen(1, 14)

Review by straygreen

Terrible Helpful to 5 out of 5 people

I was the co-signer of a car loan for my son.  The car was totaled in an accident and the insurance company paid on the loan.  It took a bit of time for the insurance company to get all of the information.  I was in weekly contact with Chase keeping them apprised of the status. I was told not to worry.  I paid off the balance 7 months ago, and discovered Chase never changed the status of the loan as PAID OFF.  I was then told to wait 30 days for it to appear.  In the meantime, my credit score has gone DOWN, no fault of mine!

I am furious, and highly recommend to everyone NOT to use CHASE AUTO!

kathyr1027's review was:

Mar 20, 2013 Reply

kathyr1027(2, 7)

Review by kathyr1027

They are chasing me away! Helpful to 9 out of 10 people

I have had several accounts with my local chase bank for over 13 years.  I had a bankrupcy 14 years ago and never thought about getting another credit card especially at all the offers I was given (24% interest for $300 limit).  Why would I want to go through what I just got out of?  Well, knowing now it's all a Catch 22!  No credit hurts worse than Bad Credit!!!!  I was declined for an auto loan of $10,000.  Even though I was purchasing a vehicle worth right at $20,000.  I am a homeowner (purchased without credit, have the deed, free and clear), own 2 other vehicles that were paid for with cash.  I work 40 hours a week and have for I don't know how many years, and also had my Father (who has over an 800 credit score) cosign with me....... and low and behold I was still DECLINED!  Way to have my back Chase after me proving to be a good customer of 13 years.  I will be sure to send you a personalized letter and a copy of my approved loan from a different bank along with a withdrawl slip removing all my money from your company.  You don't support me, I won't recommend you.  I could totally understand if I had a bad history in the recent years, but owning a home, other assets, etc, oh and a steady income should count as something.  Oh, and one more thing.......how is lending a person 1/2 of the amount of the valued item a risk exactly????????

alazydaisy's review was:

Jul 19, 2013 Reply

alazydaisy(1, 9)

Review by alazydaisy

Overall Very good Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

I bought my car 6 months back, at the time no other bank could give me a better offer than Chase. Even the dealer I bought my car from could not match what Chase Auto finance was giving me. The closing was the worst part of the process! It took me several hours to sign paperwork and get the Bank Check on the amount I needed.  Chase Is overall very good, they are willing to help you and give decent rates. I am currently thinking of refinancing becuase I have seen better offers elsewhere. I will call Chase and see what their rates will be now

Jul 04, 2013 Reply
Chase Auto Loan Helpful to 4 out of 4 people

Because I've been behind on my bills before, I suspect most people who are having bad experiences are bringing it on themselves because they are behind on their payments. I had a mortgage with chance and now have a car loan with Chase. I make my payments as I'm supposed to.  I recieve payment reminders online and also make payments online.  Whenever I call, the reps are very polite.  I would definitely use Chase in the future and have recommended the company to family members for car and home loans.

natishat71's review was:

Nov 20, 2012 Reply

natishat71(1, 4)

Review by natishat71

First time I used Chase for a car loan - then again, I only buy a car every ten years or so. A lot has changed since my last car loan with an really nasty, unscrupulous company (no longer in business!). I really like getting the monthly payment statement for each quarter and making payments on line. I have several Chase credit cards and have no problem with using them for a low balance car loan. Of course, I have good credit to begin with so that helped. Credit Karma tells me I'm a 783. Can't wait to see if paying down the loan makes that number go up - it hasn't yet but I've only had the car loan for a brief time.

bianca68's review was:

browescott's reply was:

Jan 18, 2012

browescott(4, 7)

Review by browescott

whoops didnt notice auto finance..Im sure they are no better anyway

Thalia773's reply was:

Dec 08, 2010

Thalia773(5, 38)

Review by Thalia773

armstrong Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

i have a car loan through chase and the intrest is high but my credit has not been the best in the past so that is my fault. i did have one person talk to me a little bit rude one day but for the most part they have always been polite.i had one month that i could not make the payment by the end of the grace period and they were really good at working with me and everything worked out fine . yes i had to pay a little more for the intrest for being late but they never thretened to take my car or anything.if you have not so good credit i would recomend them.

Jul 03, 2013 Reply
Poor credit = HIGH APR Helpful to 3 out of 3 people

After purchasing and making steady monthly payments on a vehicle from a local dealership for over 2 years, the vehicle's engine blew up. "No problem" said dealership, we'll get you financed for something nicer with lower interest rates. What had been 10% and about $229/month blew up to $379/month and 25% interest--neither of which I wanted, but didn't figure out until the first payment was due. Add to that the irritating Filipinos who couldn't understand that a year in I had my payment date changed (by the Denver office) and had one month waived (thanks to guys in Denver again), and kept calling and calling AND calling when they thought the payment was due...I finally had to throw a fit and say don't call if you're not an American, then called Denver and had them put me as a local call--now I don't hear from anyone, and if I have issues I can speak to an American who understands what I'm saying and isn't reading from a script that limits their replies. If your credit rating is low, BEWARE and read the entire contract, question the car dealership thoroughly, and make sure you fully understand before you sign...I didn't and still have 3 years of payments that are killing me.

Unicorn518's review was:

Jan 19, 2013 Reply

Unicorn518(1, 3)

Review by Unicorn518

verly bad service - made payment (glad I did payment direct from my bank account on line as they can't say they do not have it legally)  because I have the amount deducted from my account - They still say they do not have payment and their favority comment ' lets talk about it" - do not recommend Chase to anyone - my son was looking at a savings acount - I TOLD HIM STAY AWAY FROM CHASE

Jan 30, 2012 Reply

It sounds like everybody who's unsatisfied with Chase only experienced a problem with Chase after they got behind on their loans. Well, there's an easy solution to that problem: Don't get behind on your loans! I understand that life happens and sometimes circumstances don't allow you to make your payments on time. BUT! Chase has every right to repossess your car if you don't pay for it. That's clearly stated in your loan documents, and it's also implied. You know that you can't get an auto loan, stop making payments, and then expect the lender to be nice to you. They are not obligated to work with you or hold your hand through whatever it is that is keeping you from making your payments. It's sad, but that's capitalism. It's not just Chase. None of the banks care about you! They don't care that you're sick or laid off or that your 2 year old has cancer. They want money. And if you don't give them money, they will make your life a living hell because you still have the merchandise and you didn't pay for it. EVERY bank is like that. There isn't a bank in this country that will allow you to keep a car that you're not paying for. The point I'm trying to make is, if you don't make your payments or you don't make them on time, don't bad-mouth the bank for requesting payment or repossessing your car. I used to work for Chase and I also have an auto loan and checking accounts with them (been with Chase since 2003), so I can tell you the truth about this bank. If you pay them on time, you won't have any problems. If you don't pay them, expect big problems. I've been on a 3-way call with a mortgage customer and a Chase collections representative, and the way that collections rep talked to that customer was brutal. The rep demanded a full payment and when the customer stated that he could only make a partial payment, the rep told him to call back when he could make a full payment and promptly hung up the phone on him. In addition to vicious collection practices, Chase is also notorious for its bad customer service. As a former customer service rep, I know that a lot of the reps that Chase hires are fairly incompetent. They give you a week or two of training and then they put you out on the phones. That sounds reasonable, but you have to understand that these reps are not mortgage or auto lending professionals. They're usually 20-somethings who think their job is just to answer phones. I noticed that many of them don't care enough to do their jobs well. If they don't know how to help a customer, they just tell them what they want to hear to get them off of the phone (Chase has RIDICULOUSLY high call volumes that will frustrate and cause anxiety in even the best reps), or they transfer them to another rep, or they half-a*s read the problem resolution information that's on the computer and end up giving the customer the wrong information. I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean up another rep's screw-up. It's not uncommon to call in on 3 separate occasions and speak to 3 different reps and get 3 totally different responses to the same singular question. I won't even discuss what a nightmare it becomes when you get a rep from a foreign country (yeah, Chase outsources in a major way) like India or the Phillippines. The American reps don't even want to deal with the foreign reps! They can barely speak English and their accents are so thick that you can't even understand what they're saying. I used to have to close my eyes and concentrate just to make out what they were saying. Often times, I still couldn't understand what they needed me to do. That whole outsourcing thing is something that I cannot respect about Chase.

Bottom line: If you get a loan with Chase, pay them. On time. Every month. Without fail. That goes for ANY loan you get from ANY bank or lending source. If you don't pay on time every month without fail, EXPECT collection calls and, possibly, a repossession. Don't log on to your computer to write scathing reviews of a bank because they asserted their legal rights to demand payment or repossess. That's not an accurate review and it's misleading to the people who are reading these reviews. As a current customer, I hold up my end of the bargain. I pay my loan on time and keep my checking account balances positive, so I don't have any problems with Chase. I keep a nest egg for a rainy day so if, God forbid, something happens to me or my family, I won't need Chase to be nice to me. I will still be able to make my payments because I KNOW Chase doesn't care about what I'm going through. Now speaking as a former employee, I will say that Chase's customer service is bottom of the barrel. Too many of their reps are not knowledgeable, are rude, or just plain don't care. I would NOT trust Chase with MY home loan. A car loan? Okay. A home loan? No way! And this is an accurate review from a current customer AND former employee.

winniepie78's review was:

Feb 19, 2012 Reply

winniepie78(1, 9)

Review by winniepie78

Results 1-10 of 71Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 8   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Chase Auto Finance

Chase Auto Finance offers new car loans, used car loans, and car refinancing. Loan amounts range from $7,500 - $100,000 and terms are available up to seventy-two months. Chase’s website also offers tools for online bill pay, auto loan payment calculator, as well as new and used car buying guides. The application process is available online, and customer service can be reached online, by mail, or at a Chase Bank branch nationwide.

Chase Auto Finance is offered through Chase Bank, the banking subsidiary of JP Morgan Chase & Co. and one of the biggest banks in the United States. Chase Bank provides personal banking, small business, mortgage, home equity, auto financing, investing, and more. Established over 200 years ago, JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services company with more than $2.3 trillion in assets with operations in 60 countries.

Company Details