Chase Auto Finance

Reviews: Chase Auto Finance

Chase Auto Finance

2.5

Dec 13, 2017

My credit was so so because I had an old judgement on me. Chase took me on from a Nissan dealer. I pay my car loan at the bank every month. Had a change of address I did with the bank and no problem. Everyone there is always friendly. i always pay on time and have never had an issue at all a year and a half now into my 6 year loan. I was so scared when I 1st read reviews. As of now I dont regret it at all. Thank you Chase for helping me get my credit back again. 5 stars!

Feb 15, 2018
Pre-approved with guaranteed rate

I received a letter telling me I was pre-approved to refinance my auto loan with a guaranteed rate, so I called to get more info. It got even better... because I have a Chase checking account and would auto draft payments, the rate was even lower. At that point, I agreed to start the process. I was really excited at the prospect of lower my monthly bill or shortening the term of the loan with a lower interest rate. After all the time spent on the phone and taking a 9 point hit on my credit score, they apologized and said the underwriter denied my application for refinance. Why did you send me a letter, telling me I was pre-approved with a guaranteed rate, take 9 points off my credit score, that's still over 800, if I wasn't actually pre-approved? Plus now I have to wait 7-10 days to get a another letter from them in the mail, explaining to me why I wasn't approved. I'm extremely disappointed and upset with Chase right now.

Jun 29, 2022
Auto Loans

I think you guys or great

Jun 25, 2022
Terrible experience paying off totalled car

My vehicle was in a collision with a bear and was determined a total loss by My insurance company. Insurance called JP Morgan Chase, got the payoff amount and the address to send the check, on 5/27/22. on 6/14/22 I get a letter from Chase stating I am behind on my auto loan. I verify with insurance that the check was sent and called Chase. The third representative told me that the check was received 6/6/22 but I would need to be transferred to the loss department of Chase due to an issue. That person told me that the check was lost and he had placed a work order to have it investigated. When I informed my insurance of that they said the check was already cashed and they had received the check back. So I called Chase back again, and they put me on hold to call my insurance company. When they got back on the line they stated that my insurance had sent the check to the wrong address, my insurance had provided them a copy of the check, and they were opening an investigation. I should hear from them soon. 6/21/22 I get a letter from Chase requesting I send them a copy of the check my Insurance sent them. I call Chase to ask what is going on and the representative tells me that the work order that was placed in previously was mishandled and he was re-submitting the work order more detailed and would follow up to make sure it is handled properly. I vent my frustrations to him that this process is taking too long and I am wondering if I should seek legal counsel. I was told that was my choice but processes like this with a vehicle total loss can take up to 3 months and to blame my insurance company for sending it to the wrong location. I instruct this person that my insurance company retrieved the address from Chase and that a representative told me that Chase had received the check on June 6th, which he confirmed and all they had to do was credit it to my auto loan and this would be done with. He then admitted that the Check was received but was deposited in the wrong account, and would be fixed soon. So done With JP Morgan Chase, I will never use them again and I encourage others to do the same.

Jun 06, 2022
Direct deposit internal revenue services

Irs refund

May 27, 2022
Credit report

Terrible customer service. Automated system is flawed.

Apr 23, 2022
The very best I had

Great place

Apr 18, 2022
Chase Financial Auto a bunch of crooks!

I was leasing a 2020 Subaru Forester through Chase. I got Furloughed during Covid. They did work with me to defer three months. I used to go to the bank to make my monthly payments until they decided to apply it to the deferment payments and not to my monthly payment. I had to battle with them to apply my payment for THE CURRENT MONTH. Finally, after several back and forth phone calls it was straightened out. After that I started calling in my payments and told them to apply my payment to the current month not the deferred payments. I recently got into an accident with it which wasn’t my fault. Insurance totaled the car and cut Chase a check to pay off the lease. Now I get a phone call from Chase saying I still owe over $900 for the deferred payments. Umm, I thought I was done with them? They are a bunch of crooks!

Apr 16, 2022
Don't use this bank. They are terrible.

Don't use Chase. There are many other companies that will give you a fair rate and stand by the customer. Terrible experiences all around. Lost my job and needed a loan extension in order to keep in good standing. I was told I needed to make an another payment to qualify. I scrunged up the money and made the payment only to be told I don't qualify until I'm working again. If I was working I wouldn't need the extension. What kind of backwards thinking is that. Every other creditor was kind enough to extend me a month. I'm back to work now and will gladly pay them. But I'm never using chase again!

Apr 15, 2022
Would not recommend

I was a chase auto finance customer for years. They unlawfully repossessed my lease and I am in the middle of a battle. I would not recommend Chase. They are thieves and ever since they fell behind as a lender they have been unlawfully repossessing peoples vehicles. Please go elsewhere.

Mar 17, 2022
Terrible!!!

This company is full of people that will yes you to death and not do their job. Seems like the idea is to get you off of the phone and not take action on ANYTHING that you spoke to them about. It’s been over a month to get some simple paperwork done after overnighting the necessary document. Avoid the headache and go with a different company. They’re terrible

Mar 17, 2022
Chase double dips

BEWARE! I had an auto loan with Chase starting in 2018. Middle of Feb I purchased a new car and the new dealer paid off my remaining balance from my trade in. March 1st Chase withdrew payment for the auto loan and when I noticed it from my account on March 9th I immediately called to find out why they would take a payment if they were already paid. I was told it would take 10 business days to correct and be deposited back into my account. March 16th the money still was not deposited, I again contacted Chase to find out why the money was not credited back. No one has any answers except that I now need to wait another week while they look into this.