Ally® Bank Auto Loan

Ally® Bank Auto Loan

1.7

Sep 15, 2021
Horrible

Completely horrible, customer service are rude. They do not report information to credit each month. They told me it take 10 days for payment to clear when it’s normally 2-5 business days.

Aug 30, 2021
Terrible

Customer service is absolutely horrendous!!! Paid off the auto loan never posted on the account s called to ensure it was paid...actually make that 7 calls and not one person could tell us if the payment posted! Apparently it is now a waiting game with the bank account.

Aug 28, 2021
Couldn’t get a paper title from you to get my car

Couldn’t get a paper title from you to get my car registered I live in Missouri this went on for two months as you would send his electronic title and no one to talk to to correct it finally when I did find someone to talk to they couldn’t correct it I had to actually refinance my vehicle with my credit union so that I could receive a paper title to register my car oh by the way I save myself $100 a month and received good customer service thanks for being so lousy you save me money by making me go somewhere else

Jun 22, 2021
Add fees to total hoping you dont notice

I got an auto loan from Ally back in April 2017, and I missed one payment back in Jan 2018, and made it up in the next month by paying for January and February plus the late fee for January and February even though my payment was on time that month. So I was already back to being current, but they never set me to caught up, so they added another late fee from January onto my total hoping I wouldn't notice. And every month since January 2018 they hadn't told me I was behind(cause I wasn't) or that I was accruing late fees they just added it to my balance hoping I didn't do the math, even if I wasn't late, and if I was late I had to pay a late fees, then they also added another to my total. Now I just noticed because the last few months I fell behind and I finally paid them 1058 dollars, and only around 500 was taken from total, so it was pretty easy to see something wasn't right. They've been blindly adding late fees to my total after every payment for 2 and a half years, even if I wasn't late, and if I was late I pay a late fee and get one added on. In my opinion Ally Financial is a criminal organization.

Jun 17, 2021
Absolutely horrific customer service.

Took over a month, more than 5 hours and almost 20 calls to get them to remove a lien for a paid off loan. Avoid at absolutely any cost.

Apr 06, 2021
Ugh

Finally paid these people off in March. Still waiting for my credit reports to show that. Had issues of them taking multiple payments. Then telling me they would apply to the next month. The next month..marked unpaid and late fees ensued. During one of these issuea they put a 30day late notice on my credit. Apoke with them multiple times and recieved letters confirming they would fix their mistake and change the credit report. Needless to say 2 years later and that payment still shows unpaid! My mom was on my loan with me and it also affected her perfect credit. That caused a world of drama in my family and still..not my fault...still not fixed. I do not recommend them. Also, in 5years. Never once spoke to an American that I could understand ????

Nov 02, 2020
Ally Auto Loan

If I could give a zero I would! My auto loan account was charged twice in the end of September. At the end of October I was charged a full amount again. All Ally can do is to send out a check with the waiting period of 10-14 days. Meanwhile my bank account is on minus and I have other bills pending. This is not the first time this has happened with this company. I am thoroughly disgusted with how they treat their customers.

Aug 14, 2020
Reporting Inaccurate Information

Account shows up to date payments on Equifax and Transunion , but account was reported as closed with Equifax , I disputed it and it's still being reported as closed. They reported missed payments to Transunion which I had to dispute. Also , I have autopay setup so I don't miss payments and the amount is higher than the minimum payment due , yet they periodically report balance increases. Caused my credit to drop about 35-40 points in the last few months. They are really terrible , I would never recommend to anyone unless it is truly the only option available.

Aug 10, 2020
Company can't even follow their own mott

I can't even say they deserve a 1 star rating. I talked with them several times and gained authorization from my husband for them to speak to me regarding our account. They don't know how to make notes on the account pertaining to his authorizations being given so his work day had to be interrupted many times due to their negligence. We're trying to pay off account and my financial institution requested payoff and sent check. Somehow the check got lost so after 3 weeks of them not receiving it, my bank cancelled that check, reissued a new check and sent it overnight it to Ally. Prior to them receiving my payment, they had indicated they would backdate to date requested once the payment had posted. So the payment posted, I called Ally to see if they could backdate the check and they told me NO because it wasn't their fault the payment wasn't received on time. Their motto is "We're dedicated to doing it right - every day." I have to disagree 100%. They are not willing to work or do right by the customer from what I've experienced!!!

Jul 26, 2020
ALLY AUTO NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!

Ally Auto has not reported my payments since November 2019. They also refused or neglected to dispute I filled with Transunion regarding their failure to report to credit bureas resulting in my auto loan being removed or deleted by Transunion as required by law. Due to Ally Auto irreponsiblity my credit score has been adversely affected, which will affect the rates I receive if I apply for mortgage. They refuse to answer emails since June. I finally recieved a call from some 3rd world agent who said they have been updating their reporting system and will fix this immediately - that was weeks ago. Whatever you do, do not let the dealer get your auto loan with Ally as you will regret it just as many others who posted here have. These people should be shut down and forced to transfer these loans to another institution. My payments are paid up a year in advance and yet they are causing my credit score to be lowered. They outsource to 3rd world country so I guess none of this is a surprise. Nice for them while they evade US taxes.