First Investors Financial Services Auto Refinance Reviews

First Investors Financial Services Auto Refinance Reviews

From Borrowers in the last year

Compare Auto Loan Rates

View your top Auto Loan recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

These reviews were written by current and former borrowers in the last year.

Jun 07, 2020
Great beginings, absolutely horrible end
santana0049 Borrower

Their Covid 19 payment asssitance is fraudlulant and has now cost us a 30 day late derogatory remark on our credit reports (-35pts on all three agencies). We had been jumping through hoops for 3 months to only be told last week that the program no longer exists. We even refianced the loan prior to the 30 day mark and they still reported a 30 day late. I will be taking them to court if this does not get corrected immediately.

I have already filed with all the appropriate government agencies and spending more time writing reveiws to get the word out about their egregious tactics.

Jun 27, 2020

How’d you still give them 2 stars?

Aug 13, 2020

I was told the exact thing. First they offered to defer 2 payments and that they would email me the paperwork to sign, scan and send back. Well I waited 5 days to receive such email and never did so I called only to be told sorry we are not deferring payments for anyone that is current on the account. So I demanded a supervisor. Supervisor told me that they are no longer offering deferment to cust that are current but if we wait two weeks it will be delinquent and at that time we can defer the 2 payments and what we can also do for you is enroll you in our reduced payment plan for 6 months and this will decrease your payment by $200 a month for 6 months and your first payment wont be due till July and this was back in April. Sounds great right, WRONG!!! The supervisor assures me she will watch the account and follow up on the days that we needed to make it all happen so when I hear nothing back I call and i am told I'm sorry that program no longer is available and we can only defer the two months meanwhile my credit takes a -35 point hit which was the only thing the fixed correctly for me. So now my account is past due and was up for repo if I didn't pay a little over $1200 within 13 calendar days from the date of this letter. Letter was dated the 4th and I received it on the 13th. I was like WTH these people are f'n crazy and I can't get it refinanced to save my life. It's almost better to let them have the **** car at this point.

How would you rate this loan overall?

What should others know about this loan?