Auto Insurance Reviews

Safeco Insurance™

2.05 3 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next
Safeco, ripoff artists Helpful to 12 out of 12 people

I had a deer jump out in front of my car which crushed the hood and grille and pushed it in about 12 inches. Safeco was my insurance company. The Safeco representative said it was totaled and was emphatic that it COULDN'T be repaired. Yes, yes it could have been repaired because I've had a very similar accident repaired and I spent 3 years in auto mechanics. The reason he said that is because the repairs would have been above $5000 and instead of shelling out money to fix my car (you know, the reason I pay money monthly to my auto insurance) they wanted to screw me so they said it couldn't be fixed. The Kelley Blue Book and Edmunds values for my vehicle were around $5000. Safeco said they don’t use those figures (of course not, why would they use recognized values), they said they pay street value.  I found 6 vehicles like mine on Autotrader, IN MY AREA (they were all whiney about that too), and none were selling for less than $6000. Safeco kept insisting that this wasn’t street value and kept offering me $2000 for my car. So they will ignore any evidence you have as to the value of your vehicle and insist that it is worth far less, because hey, we excel at screwing our customers.  I said I was going to talk to an attorney, which I did.  None wanted anything to do with the case because it wasn’t an auto accident where I was injured.  If any attorneys are reading this, could you please specialize in suing auto insurance companies in this niche. Anyway, I got screwed by Safeco and after receiving the money immediately switched insurance companies.  The whole experience made me furious.  I would be willing to pay lots more for auto insurance at another company than to go with Safeco because when you need them, they’re just going to screw you.  How exactly do you replace your $6000 car with $2000 ?!?!?  Stay far away from this company.

Sep 13, 2013 Reply

Insurance went up almost $1000 for the year because of a speeding ticket with no points on license.  Very unreasonable anything to increase charges

Marway54's review was:

Sep 22, 2012 Reply

Marway54(1, 6)

Review by Marway54

Had  a low rate when I started,Hit a deer, my rate incresed by $500 a year. Rental not covered unless you have a accident. Unlike most insurances will cover when your car is in the shop for other repairs..

cplhott's review was:

Jan 05, 2012 Reply

cplhott(4, 10)

Review by cplhott

Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of Safeco Insurance™

Safeco Insurance offers auto insurance, among other products, through a national network of independent agents. Auto insurance policy options include liability coverage, permissive user coverage, physical damage protection, personal injury protection, medical coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorists, and comprehensive coverage. Additional optional coverage is available and varies by state. Possible discounts include discounts for cars with an anti-theft device, good students, multiple policies, multiple cars, and accident prevention driving course discounts. Insurance quotes are available online or by phone. Online, customers can also make a payment, track a claim, view policy documents, or print insurance ID cards. Claims service is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week by phone.

Founded in 1923 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Safeco Insurance is part of the Liberty Mutual Group. The Liberty Mutual group is a Fortune 100 company, and is the fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the nation.

Company Details