esurance® Reviews

esurance® Reviews

From Policyholders in the last year

Compare Auto Insurance Offers

View your top Auto Insurance recommendations and compare rates on Credit Karma.

FIND RECOMMENDATIONS

These reviews were written by current and former policyholders in the last year.

Oct 01, 2019
Cut-Rate Useless Homeowners Policy
Everoblivion Policyholder

Esurance behaves like your standard cut-rate insurance company without actually being much cheaper. I live in Ohio and we've had several wind storms over the past several months. One of my outbuildings was damaged with missing shingles, being a 2 story Gambrel roof with damage on the top section, the damage went un-noticed until water damage was seen inside. The inspector found 11 damaged shingles on one side and 6 damaged shingles on the other, all allowing water ingress into the residential grade outbuilding. In the inspector's own works "That'll be enough for any insurance company I ever worked with to replace the roof"... not Esurance apparently. I have insurance to protect my property in case of damage, not to take the cheapest route possible to avoid going over my deductible. Chris, the adjuster for Esurance, called back after the report and said that they would repair the shingles only, not the decking, not the tar paper, not the water damage, and not replace the roof. Steer clear of Esurance at all costs, I'll be changing as soon as possible and submitting a dispute with Lexis Nexis to get anything about this off my CLUE report.

Jan 15, 2019
Part Coverage
19Beck88 Policyholder

Great company as far as pricing even with a somewhat bad record, and only takes about a half hour to get your car enrolled. After that, however, the customer service pretty much stops. Unless your late I am assuming, then I am sure they will hit you up. If you get full coverage I am sure they will take care of you, because that is when they care, but if you are going for part coverage like I did, I wish you luck. I was hit by an irresponsible driver with part coverage and esurance didn't help me do anything really. My "agent" took the claim then didn't answer calls or emails for weeks, until I wrote in to complain at which point a manager called once, only to never return any calls back. I never did get a single ounce of help with them for the accident. I had to do all the back and forth with the insurance and figure things out for myself. The other insurance company helped me more than esurance ever did. Because of all this...itws been a month and a half and this is still not over. Esurance sucks....worst customer service in history. Im going to dump them as soon as i can find another company.

How would you rate this policy overall?

What should others know about this policy?