Question

maz1266

Will my score go up?
I have a $1500 limit with $580 balance owing. If I pay off enough just to get it back to 9% utilization will my score go up? And they can see that I used the card. Or should I pay off the balance in full? I am not due to make another payment until 21Aug, however, my report date- when they send to the the Big3 (Experian, Equifax and Trans Union) is the 25 July.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, your scores would go up a bit when you lower it to 9%. Whether or not you should pay it down/off before it reports? That would depends if you are going to apply for credit between 7/25~8/25 and you want to squeeze few extra points out of lower utilizations. If not? I would just pay before it's due, as long as it dosent incuring interest.

maz1266

Thank you.