Question

akb2017

will a debt that fell off my report, ever show up again if i want to purchase a house?
I have an old credit card debt that fell off after 7 years. I have heard that when purchasing a house the credit check is more in-depth and that this may still show up even after it's fallen off. Is this true? Is that something I should worry about if I plan to purchase a home or car?

Nope.

Once it's gone, it's gone. Lenders at the credit reports, and gets income verification (and tax returns for the past 3 years if you;re doing FHA or VA loans). They don't have any 'secret' way of seeing beyond seven years into the past (which is as far as the credit reports go).

Random789644

Oh, forgot one bit: If you have a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, that will hang around your reports for 10 years, but otherwise 7 is the limit for everything else. :)