Question

Manar244

Why was this collection account removed from my report?
I only had one old account under the deragatory marks/collections are. I checked credit karma today and it says it was removed today. Im not sure why it was removed, I didnt pay it and it was for a pretty large amount (old apt) its only about 3 years old so i dont know why it would be removed. Its not and never has been under my public records either. What does this mean? did someone pay it, do i still owe it? or is it cleared. my score didnt go up at all. I once saw something say it was removed on credit karma and the next day it was still there so i dont know if it was just a mistake. Im not complaining i just wanna make sure this is correct and was just curious.

Be Thankful but be aware

it may show up again. 

Its hard to say why it diappeared, but it could be a temporary thing. I would suspect human error or a typo. It could re-appear next month when the collection agency reports again. Or it could be gone for ever. 
I had that happen once, Then I learned that the collection agency that had an account on me went out of business. It just suddenly diappeared.  I waited for it to re-appear but it never did.

Hope that helps.