Question

jjbrown1014

Why is the date reported updated monthly on a paid collection?
I paid a collection in 2014. It has a zero balance. The DLA is 2014. On my credit report it shows the report date of 2016. Why is the date reported showing a recent date when this was paid 2 years ago?

Old paid accounts remain

on your credit report for 7 years.  Even closed accounts will be updated showing that you have not incurred new debt on the account. Specially Credeit cards.   I have an account that was closed in 1999 when the company went out of business, that still showed being updated each month through 2009.  It is due to fall off my report in Dec of this year.  (I hate to see it fall off, Its my oldest account and helps tremendously with the age of my accounts) 

As long as its reporting $0 balance, its a good thing.