Question

ashworthpayne

Why is my creditkarma score so much higher than equifax and transunion?
I'm subscribed to transunion and equifax. Both report lower scores (30 points) than creditkarma. Can anyone tell me why?

Most Helpful Response

LOL

You're lucky yours is only 30 points off.  Mine was 100 points off and boy was I embarrased when I applied for an account and was told how much lower it was with equifax!

Credit Karma scores GROSSLY inaccurate

i just had my credit pulled for a loan by a bank which reported my scores by Trans Union and Equifax as 694 and 698 respectively, while Credit Karma shows my Trans Union and Equifax scores as 772 each. TOTALLY out of sync. this kind of difference CANNOT be explained by use of different algorithms, this is plain WRONG. 

Super Off.

Credit Karma is a scam to get people with low scores to sign up for credit cards. Credit card companies pays them whenever someoe signs up. They boost the scores up afterwards to fool you like its working.

felt duped

We've used CK since our bankruptcy.  This weekend we went to get a new car.  We went in believing our credit score was 670.  The minimum to get financed at the lot we visited was 640.  Imagine our surpise when they came to us and told us our fico is 602!  That is such a huge point difference.  We wouldn't have applied for a loan if we had known our true score.  It resulted in a hard credit inquiry that dropped our score today 12 points.  We were wondering the same thing as previous people.  Why the difference in fico scores when everything else is so spot on?  They update our credit card balances and car loan balances monthly and are always current, so why not our score?  :-/

Credit Karma

Why hasn't CreditKarma Answered any of these inaccurate scores?? i mean mine is only -35 off Transunion but stilll what gives??????

Reason Scores are lower

Credit Karma is in the business of trying to convince people with low scores to apply for credit risk credit cards.

Reasonable and Unsatisfactorily Answered

CreditKarma touts a "Transunion" score and promotes applications to lenders based on probable approval.  When actual Transunion and other reporting agency scores are significantly lower, the result is credit damaging hard credit checks which result in credit denials, or approvals of new cards with tiny balances, issufficient to make meaningful balance transfers, the issuance of said, further decreas your actual credit score.  I find these inacuracies and subsequent credit damaging marketing disappointing.

Why indeed is my Creditcarma Transunion score higher than my actual Transunion score?!  Marketing ploy?

Rubbish

Oddly my Transunion score is 100 points higher than creditkarma reports.  I now believe this is some tye of marketing ploy to get you to accept offers to "help" your credit which is garbage as well.  I now have 0 faith in this site.  A paid service is the way to go.

Me too!

On Credit Karma my Transunion score is 714 while on my actual Transunion report it's 594! A difference of 120 points!

On Credit Karma my Equifax score is 693 while on my actual Equifax treport it's 614! A difference of 79 points!

What gives?

Different scoring algorithms. It's very common to see that kind of difference. Nearly all the online scores we can get are only estimates of our real FICO scores -- just guidelines for our use.

ekslade

What crap.