Question

ashworthpayne

Why is my creditkarma score so much higher than equifax and transunion?
I'm subscribed to transunion and equifax. Both report lower scores (30 points) than creditkarma. Can anyone tell me why?

Most Helpful Response

Reasonable and Unsatisfactorily Answered

CreditKarma touts a "Transunion" score and promotes applications to lenders based on probable approval.  When actual Transunion and other reporting agency scores are significantly lower, the result is credit damaging hard credit checks which result in credit denials, or approvals of new cards with tiny balances, issufficient to make meaningful balance transfers, the issuance of said, further decreas your actual credit score.  I find these inacuracies and subsequent credit damaging marketing disappointing.

Why indeed is my Creditcarma Transunion score higher than my actual Transunion score?!  Marketing ploy?

Different scoring algorithms. It's very common to see that kind of difference. Nearly all the online scores we can get are only estimates of our real FICO scores -- just guidelines for our use.

ekslade

What crap.  

Rubbish

Oddly my Transunion score is 100 points higher than creditkarma reports.  I now believe this is some tye of marketing ploy to get you to accept offers to "help" your credit which is garbage as well.  I now have 0 faith in this site.  A paid service is the way to go.