Why is my creditkarma score so much higher than equifax and transunion?
I'm subscribed to transunion and equifax. Both report lower scores (30 points) than creditkarma. Can anyone tell me why?

ashworthpayne

Reasonable and Unsatisfactorily Answered

CreditKarma touts a "Transunion" score and promotes applications to lenders based on probable approval.  When actual Transunion and other reporting agency scores are significantly lower, the result is credit damaging hard credit checks which result in credit denials, or approvals of new cards with tiny balances, issufficient to make meaningful balance transfers, the issuance of said, further decreas your actual credit score.  I find these inacuracies and subsequent credit damaging marketing disappointing.

Why indeed is my Creditcarma Transunion score higher than my actual Transunion score?!  Marketing ploy?

Response by
krharvey

Different scoring algorithms. It's very common to see that kind of difference. Nearly all the online scores we can get are only estimates of our real FICO scores -- just guidelines for our use.

Response by
Clairissa

Submit to the Community