Why doesn't my credit score improve after collection accounts have been removed?
I discovered that my credit report listed six collections accounts totaling almost $4000 for medical bills which my insurance company should have paid. I spent several months working with the insurance company and the provider who had originally billed me. In the end I was able to prove that the insurance company had processed the claims incorrectly. (They had originally denied several claims because they listed my Primary Care Physician as being "out of network" when he should have been listed as "in network.") My insurance company agreed to reprocess the claims correctly, and the provider had the collection agency remove the collection accounts from my credit report, which they did. In the meantime, a foreclosure I had almost seven years ago dropped off my TransUnion report (but not off of the other two for some reason). With all those positive changes in my credit history, my credit score, according to creditkarma barely changed. What's up with that? As of February 24, 2016 my TransUnion credit report showed six collection accounts and a foreclosure in addition to four paid/closed loans, a paid/closed credit card, and an open credit card with no late payments and 33% usage. At that time my score was 622. As of today, May 23, 2016, all six collection accounts have been DELETED from my report, the foreclosure has dropped off, and the open credit card dropped to less than 10% usage, but my score now is 624. An increase of only 2 points!! Makes absolutely no sense!