Question

sandcorn

Why does my score get stock around 690 and doesn't get any higher
How can I get my credit score from just good to excellent I paid my bills on time keep my credit not higher 30 % I have a car loan it's paid on time as well .. What else can I do.?

Most Helpful Response

Probably your credit/debt ratio

to get higher scores, you generally need to get your open credit up, about equal to 1 years salary.

So if your score is stagnant, I suggest opening a few more credit cards or a new loan.

if you don't want to try new cards, Maybe a personal line of credit from your bank.  This will give you a line of credit that you don't have to pay on unless you use it.  

Good luck!

sandcorn

Thanks for the advice 

Visit www.credit.about.com and on the lower left of screen, click on link "Building Credit".