Question

Nmb1218

Why did my transunion.com score drop 40+ points?
No changes have occured.

You've overlooked something.  The score didn't just arbitrarily change.  A score is generated based on the data in the report.  Go back and carefully review reports from before and after the change.  If you want help then you'd need to disclose some of the information in order for us to assist as we are users just like you and we do not have access to your reports.

Same thing happened to me

The same thing happened to me! I made an online direct dispute with TransUnion because I had a 60 day late on my ACS/JP Morgan Student loan. I moved and they had an innaccurate address so I selected the address inaccuracy option for direct dispute. 30 days went by and the status came back as "New information has been reported on your credit report" But no new information had been reported! The same late payments remained. Nothing was removed but also, nothing had been added. Both of my scores, TransUnion and Equifax plummetted significantly. I went from almost a 700 to 687 TransUnion and 637 Equifax overnight! In fact, my payment history rating actually improved for TransUnion from poor to fair because I moved from 97.9% on time payments to 98%. 

Summary, while continuing to make all payments on time, no new accounts and no new inquiries, I made a direct dispute online via Credit Karma to TransUnion. I simply wanted to see if the late payments could be removed because they were a result of confusion not inability to pay. The dispute came back saying that the late payments would remain on my credit report. Fine. No harm. I assumed because nothing changed on my credit report that my score would not change. Well, that didn't happen. Both my TransUnion and Equifax scores dropped significantly and my overall ratings only improved because of my payment history moving from poor to fair. Can anyone tell me what is going on!