Question

lukedm14

Why did my score drop?
Why did my credit score drop?
I have 2 credit cards. One is the "Discover It" card which has a FICO credit score on each statement. My score dropped from 725 to 693 over the last statement. Credit karma which shows the same drop. I made both (and all) credit card payments on time since the last payment, as well as my utility bills. I have no other loans or credit lines. Very confused as to why my credit dropped from exceptionally good to just good for no clear reason...

It should be noted that I opened one CC in December 2013, and the other in April, 2014. I have no other history of credit cards or loan history. Utilities have been in my name since November 2013 and I have never missed/late paid. I know I am not that established with credit, but they started me off with a 725...so I feel I've only improved.

Hi lukedm14,

Your score is calculated by the credit bureau and no one here can tell you with any accuracy exactly why your score changed. I suggest looking at your Credit Report Card to see which categories have changed recently. Opening a new credit card in April could have affected your score, but there are approximately 200 other factors that also impact your score.